Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case

^^^ They asked for a gay wedding cake when they knew very well that it wasn't on the menu.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
And how, precisely does a Gay wedding cake differ from a straight wedding cake?
The way that the couple wants it to look is what makes it differ from the other.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Do you suppose that the bakery had a portfolio of cakes they routinely make?

There is nothing wrong with discriminating. The bakers have chosen not to be a part of perversion. Can perversion be met with decency and find compromise? Of course not.

There are societies you can go to where discrimination is all the rage. However the US has the Bill of Rights enshrines into the Constitution that was designed, and took a long to to get to, a situation where discrimination is seen as bad.

I think we should start forcing people like you to wear a giant L on their heads, and for no one to serve them in any shop. See how you'd like it.
The bill of rights is a limitation on government. You are not guaranteed rights from individuals.

Maybe so, but the theory of Human Rights still exists. When businesses decide to set up business they agree to terms and conditions of setting up their business, don't they? Are part of this is that they don't discriminate. Hence why these people broke the law. They not only broke the law, but went against the principles of Human Rights that have been a part of America since 1791!
In 1791 nobody ever floated the insane notion that government should regulate every transaction between private individuals. In fact no Leftist, communist ideas were part of our foundation.

So.... what? Some things have changed, and other things haven't.

In 1791 they had said "all men are created equal" and yet had slavery, are you suggesting we go back to slavery?
Forcing private businesses to patronize those they don't want to is slavery.

Don't feel for em, but those people are being ridiculous. Of course, filing a complaint is fucking ridiculous too.
Grow up and realize everybody won't like you. Get secure with yourself. Ad for gawd sakes, just go next door. Damn.

There are societies you can go to where discrimination is all the rage. However the US has the Bill of Rights enshrines into the Constitution that was designed, and took a long to to get to, a situation where discrimination is seen as bad.

I think we should start forcing people like you to wear a giant L on their heads, and for no one to serve them in any shop. See how you'd like it.
The bill of rights is a limitation on government. You are not guaranteed rights from individuals.

Maybe so, but the theory of Human Rights still exists. When businesses decide to set up business they agree to terms and conditions of setting up their business, don't they? Are part of this is that they don't discriminate. Hence why these people broke the law. They not only broke the law, but went against the principles of Human Rights that have been a part of America since 1791!
In 1791 nobody ever floated the insane notion that government should regulate every transaction between private individuals. In fact no Leftist, communist ideas were part of our foundation.

In 1791 they had said "all men are created equal" and yet had slavery, are you suggesting we go back to slavery?
Thus spake the pro Jim Crow advocate.

He is right though. Unless you have some delusional statist outlook

I don't blame the lesbian-couple their wish to have their right to marriage respected. But they were two-faced by not extending the right of a business owner to stand by their religious convictions. They wanted to have their cake and eat it too. Sad situation all the way around.

I feel no pity for them. None. Zip. Nada. They brought this on themselves and now they can live with it.

Am I against the LGBT community? Nope. But I am against idiots that want to force themselves onto people when a LGBT bakery would have LOVED to have had their business. Why not support them with baking their cake? Why MAKE someone go against their own beliefs with a lawsuit?

Ding Ding Ding Gracie !

These two drama queens could have simply took their business someplace else, instead they decided to make a federal case over it.

He is right though. Unless you have some delusional statist outlook
Are businesses licensed? Are they to follow the law? Is creating a second class American citizen because a business finds them unworthy of commerce the way you want to see our society devolve?

just a couple of fat disgusting Dykes.......they are getting what they deserve.

55b7afa91700002500565b9d.jpeg
Why? Why do they "deserve" such hatred?
You reap what you sow. They started the fight . They can deal with the fall out.
They were customers! They wanted a cake for their wedding, nothing mor.

And the righteous bakers decided that these customers were not worthy of the same high level of service provided to all other customers.

Why? Because these righteous bakers believe that they must provide a mercantile impermatur in order for a couple to wed.
They were told no. And not in a rude manner.

They then went public, politicized it and unleashed the gay mafia on the bakers... Who received death threats and had their business destroyed. Just as this couple wanted and set out to achieve.

Now they are facing the backlash.

They can suck it up. They created the situation. And they don't even like cake,as they now claim since their shit back fired.

Last edited:

You reap what you sow. They started the fight . They can deal with the fall out.

And the righteous bakers decided that these customers were not worthy of the same high level of service provided to all other customers.

Why? Because these righteous bakers believe that they must provide a mercantile impermatur in order for a couple to wed.

They then went public, politicized it and unleashed the gay mafia on the bakers... Who received death threats and had their business destroyed. Just as this couple wanted and set out to achieve.

They can suck it up. They created the situation. And they don't even like cake,as they now claim since their shit back fired.
Why were they told 'no'? What Christian ethic was upheld? What American ethic was upheld?

Why were they told 'no'? What Christian ethic was upheld? What American ethic was upheld?
I realize libs hate to be told no. But tough shit.

I feel no pity for them. None. Zip. Nada. They brought this on themselves and now they can live with it.

Am I against the LGBT community? Nope. But I am against idiots that want to force themselves onto people when a LGBT bakery would have LOVED to have had their business. Why not support them with baking their cake? Why MAKE someone go against their own beliefs with a lawsuit?
I second this. How did going after those on the other side of the situation help those who stand on their side? It didn't. All that it did was make their side of the situation an even more hated camp.

Blowing out one candle will not make another one shine brighter.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Why should they be forced to seek out a business that follows the law and would accommodate them? Why can't they enjoy the same high level of service this business offers to every other customer?

What if your standard applied to motels and the customer was Black? What if the business was a hospital and the injured was Islamic? Should this nation allow public businesses to treat customers differently because of who they are? These women came as paying customers. Their money is just as green as anyone else's. Yet there are some misguided Americans who stil believe that some American customers are not worthy of doing commerce simply because they are different.
If a drunk, belligerent person entered my shop, I would tell them to get the fuck out. Its MY shop. I PAY the rent, the utilities, the employees, the overhead. ME. Nobody else. It's MY right to say GET THE FUCK OUT.
They asked for the cake to be made. The bakers said no. End of story.
Now....go in a muslim cafe and ask for a pork sandwich. Instead of going to the cafe next door that serves pork, you want to FORCE the muslims to go against their religion and DAMN IT ALL TO HELL THEY WILLLLLLLLLL MAKE YOUR PORK SAMMICH...or else!!!!

Get it now?

I second this. How did going after those on the other side of the situation help those who stand on their side? It didn't. All that it did was make their side of the situation an even more hated camp.

Blowing out one candle will not make another one shine brighter.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Why should they be forced to seek out a business that follows the law and would accommodate them? Why can't they enjoy the same high level of service this business offers to every other customer?

What if your standard applied to motels and the customer was Black? What if the business was a hospital and the injured was Islamic? Should this nation allow public businesses to treat customers differently because of who they are? These women came as paying customers. Their money is just as green as anyone else's. Yet there are some misguided Americans who stil believe that some American customers are not worthy of doing commerce simply because they are different.
If a drunk, belligerent person entered my shop, I would tell them to get the fuck out. Its MY shop. I PAY the rent, the utilities, the employees, the overhead. ME. Nobody else. It's MY right to say GET THE FUCK OUT.
They asked for the cake to be made. The bakers said no. End of story.
Now....go in a muslim cafe and ask for a pork sandwich. Instead of going to the cafe next door that serves pork, you want to FORCE the muslims to go against their religion and DAMN IT ALL TO HELL THEY WILLLLLLLLLL MAKE YOUR PORK SAMMICH...or else!!!!

Get it now?
They weren't drunk, belligerent, unruly or out of line when they had the temerity of ordering a wedding cake at a retail bakery.

They were told no out of bigotry. Indefensible, ugly bigotry. Bigotry in commerce is not a right.

The same as any religion, the right to live according to one's beliefs.

I'm a Christian. I have been for better than 59 years now. My minstrel has never admonished the congregation to avoid commerce with homosexuals.

Why are these people,twisting Christianity to serve such a vile purpose?

I'm a Christian. I have been for better than 59 years now. My minstrel has never admonished the congregation to avoid commerce with homosexuals.

Now you're just lying. We're not talking about serving the public regardless of sexual orientation, we're talking about being forced to be directly involved in what Christians find sinful. I mean real Christians.

Baking a cake is not a sin. Baking a cake as a bakery is part of your business.
Who appointed you the national Pope?

The lesbians won their case. Now they are complaining because they are getting just what they dished out.
They came as paying customers. Customers expecting the same high level of service provided to all other customers. What precisely did they " dish out"?
They instigated a terrorist campaign against this bakery. Perverts threatened the bakers, their vendors and even their customers. What these pervs are getting is mild.

Terrorist campaign? You made the claim, prove it.
The bakery closed because of threats.

Intolerance Burns Out Oregon Bakers

TODD'S AMERICAN DISPATCH: Christian bakery closes after LGBT threats, protests | Fox News

This says "threats and protests", it DOESN'T say terrorism. You said terrorism.

People will always "twist" religions, because a religion is a tool, and people will use that tool for their own agendas.

They came as paying customers. Customers expecting the same high level of service provided to all other customers. What precisely did they " dish out"?
They instigated a terrorist campaign against this bakery. Perverts threatened the bakers, their vendors and even their customers. What these pervs are getting is mild.

Terrorist campaign? You made the claim, prove it.
The bakery closed because of threats.

Intolerance Burns Out Oregon Bakers

TODD'S AMERICAN DISPATCH: Christian bakery closes after LGBT threats, protests | Fox News
They were boycotted.

And if you depose threats so vehemently, why do you celebrate the threats received by those two women?
The two pervs deserve everything that's happening to them. It's a little mild.

Since they and their fellow pervs threatened the bakery, they have no complaints when it is happening to them.

It's funny how you just use insults the whole time. You can always tell insults are pointing to a bad argument.

Forum List

Back