🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case

Is this a "Christian" message?

"I am buying up my ammo right now you filthy, ugly, disgusting, fat, stupid, cruel, anti-Christian piece of liberal scum," she read aloud. "I am getting ready for the war so I hope you have a good hiding place, you sick, disgusting, miserable, piece of degenerate lesbian scum."

If that is, indeed, a representation of "Chritianity", I wonder why it has never been expressed in the church I attend. Why should anyone think that Christianity means what this alleged Christian thinks?

These bigoted are twisting a loving, forgiving, beautiful faith to serve a vile and evil purpose. Bigots like the one quoted here are, in fact, more in sympatico with the Taliban in their abuse of faith to foment hate.
One doesn't have to be religious at all to stand up for the Constitution. Actually it should be the civic duty of all citizens.
Please cite the constitutional approval of threatening other citizens.
Changed your tune? You were focusing on Christians a while ago. ...defend the U.S.A. from enemies foreign and/or within.
No. I refer you to your own post.

"One doesn't have to be religious at all to stand up for the Constitution. Actually it should be the civic duty of all citizens"

You changed the tune. Read your own stuff!

"I am buying up my ammo right now you filthy, ugly, disgusting, fat, stupid, cruel, anti-Christian piece of liberal scum," she read aloud. "I am getting ready for the war so I hope you have a good hiding place, you sick, disgusting, miserable, piece of degenerate lesbian scum."

If that is, indeed, a representation of "Chritianity", I wonder why it has never been expressed in the church I attend. Why should anyone think that Christianity means what this alleged Christian thinks?

These bigoted are twisting a loving, forgiving, beautiful faith to serve a vile and evil purpose. Bigots like the one quoted here are, in fact, more in sympatico with the Taliban in their abuse of faith to foment hate.
How do you know that the lesbians didn't write those messages? Listen while they read them. Same words over and over.
Read what folks defending the idiot bigots have written here on this thread. Do you really expect that silica stupidity hasn't befallen these two,women?

"One doesn't have to be religious at all to stand up for the Constitution. Actually it should be the civic duty of all citizens"

You sorely lack critical thinking. You said: "is that a Christian message?......."
Then I said what you just cited above. I see no tune change there.....

You sorely lack critical thinking. You said: "is that a Christian message?......."
And I asked you to show us where in the constitution are the protections for the kind of threats and bigotry these two women have suffered.

But then there are Muslims suing because they don't want to handle pork or alcohol.

Muslim Costco employee refuses to touch pork; sues after getting transferred to different department

Why don't the lesbians go to a Muslim bakery? Sue them?
Halal and Kosher markets,just don't have certain products on the menu. Demanding a pulled pork sandwich at such markets is demanding a good or service they do not normally provide.

A wedding cake at a bakery however, is part and parcel of that business. In fact, wedding cakes represent a substantial portion of their profits.

But then there are Muslims suing because they don't want to handle pork or alcohol.

Muslim Costco employee refuses to touch pork; sues after getting transferred to different department

Halal and Kosher markets,just don't have certain products on the menu. Demanding a pulled pork sandwich at such markets is demanding a good or service they do not normally provide.

A wedding cake at a bakery however, is part and parcel of that business. In fact, wedding cakes represent a substantial portion of their profits.
I said very clearly a Muslim BAKERY. Go there lesbians and sue them.

If the Muslims act as poorly as those alleged "Christians" acted, I'm sure the lesbians will get justice too.

That's the message of someone fed up with being forced to violate their beliefs.
I'm 59 years old and a Christian. I have never heard my minister tell the congregation to avoid commerce with homosexuals. Never.

Where did this hatful dogma come from? Christ Himself? I can't find that sort of admonition in His teachings. He taught to love others as we would be loved. He taught to judge not lest he be judged. He taught to cast not the first stone for we too bear sin.

Don't tell me that these beliefs are part and parcel of Christian love because they aren't. It's just old fashioned Gay bashing hoping to find protection behind Scripture. Twisting Christianity to serve their vile thinking.
Christianity and the "Scriptures" are so vague and the translations so convoluted that they can twisted and spun to mean anything.....

And I asked you to show us where in the constitution are the protections for the kind of threats and bigotry these two women have suffered.
The Constitution is a limitation on government. It is not a comprehensive manual on each individual.

That's the message of someone fed up with being forced to violate their beliefs.
I'm 59 years old and a Christian. I have never heard my minister tell the congregation to avoid commerce with homosexuals. Never.

Where did this hatful dogma come from? Christ Himself? I can't find that sort of admonition in His teachings. He taught to love others as we would be loved. He taught to judge not lest he be judged. He taught to cast not the first stone for we too bear sin.

Don't tell me that these beliefs are part and parcel of Christian love because they aren't. It's just old fashioned Gay bashing hoping to find protection behind Scripture. Twisting Christianity to serve their vile thinking.
Christianity and the "Scriptures" are so vague and the translations so convoluted that they can twisted and spun to mean anything.....

It can be argued that anything and everything is vague which is why we have the SCOTUS and why we have lawyers.

With that said, IMO bakers who refuse to serve due to religion are misinterpreting God's will. I went through 12 years of Catholic school and I don't recall anything that says I'm supposed to deny anyone a service I provide.

It can be argued that anything and everything is vague which is why we have the SCOTUS and why we have lawyers.

With that said, IMO bakers who refuse to serve due to religion are misinterpreting God's will. I went through 12 years of Catholic school and I don't recall anything that says I'm supposed to deny anyone a service I provide.
That isn't the question. It's would you commit a sin because a customer demanded it of you?

That isn't the question. It's would you commit a sin because a customer demanded it of you?
Baking a cake is not a sin. Baking a cake as a bakery is part of your business.

Baking a cake is not a sin. Baking a cake as a bakery is part of your business.
Who appointed you the national Pope?

The lesbians won their case. Now they are complaining because they are getting just what they dished out.

I believe I did answer the question. Perhaps the baker has a different interpretation of God's will than I do. If he thinks he is committing a sin than NO he should not be forced to bake the cake. Which I is why I think the fairest solution is to fine the baker the cost of the cake and move on. The baker doesn't lose his business and the same sex couple is taken care of. Or, perhaps bakers can apply for a religious exemption, but they need to provide information where a same-sex couple can purchase a cake as long as it's with a reasonable distance. IMO there are ways to get around this without everyone getting hurt.

If the Muslims act as poorly as those alleged "Christians" acted, I'm sure the lesbians will get justice too.
Except you won't know will you because the anti Christian lesbians are too chickenshit to go after Muslims, they target Christians and won. That's why I don't care that they are in pain.

The fairest solution is for the gay couple to go into the bakery and buy anything off the shelf.

For personal services like wedding cakes, the couple should understand that they can place the order with this bakery but the cake itself will be subcontracted out to another bakery.

So in other words Christians can do what the hell they like because their religious book justifies ANYTHING?

You mean like lesbans can do it because some law justifies it? You're missing the two way street thing. If gays want tolerance they have to be prepared to be tolerant. To date they are failing in epic fashion and the blowback they got on this is why. They should have walked away...but nope they had to press it and now they demonized themselves

No, I don't mean that. I mean there are laws, like if you open a public business like a shop, you have to serve all people regardless of your own prejudices. Do Christians not have to follow the law? And if they don't have to follow that law, do they not have to follow laws like murder laws?

If gay people want tolerance, you seem to think they have to accept intolerance against them and just get on with life being denied rights, and also watching people BREAK THE LAW to be intolerant towards them. So if a Christian murders a gay person, the gay community just has to have a stiff upper lip and get on with it without complaining, right?

You know what I say to that? Fuck that shit. You're expecting them to cope with this, when it's ILLEGAL.

You need to get real...gays are some of the most intolerant assholes on the planet. But yet they sashay around demanding it. It was a freaking cake, a cake!!!! Just go to another baker

Maybe some of them are really intolerant. This is neither here nor there. Some are, some aren't. Many white people, many men, many black people, many women, many Jews, many adults are intolerant. We can put any group and get those who are intolerant. That doesn't mean they lose their rights because some of them are intolerant. It doesn't mean we can break the law to the detriment of those we believe are intolerant either.

They demand something that was THE LAW. Do you not understand. You go to a shop, shop owner shoots you in the head. Should I get real? Should shop owner be able to do what he likes?

If a black person goes into a shop should they be allowed to call the customer "n*gger" because it's their shop?

Why do you think people can break the law?

I'm weary of dealing with you on this. Fucking people getting wound up over a fucking cake then wonder why others think they are assholes. There are bigger issues other than gays getting all bent over a damn cake

You're weary? Maybe if you spent some time trying to understand what I'm saying instead of winding yourself up every time someone says something by putting your assumptions and prejudice on everything.

It's not just cake. It's about being able to go out into society and be treated like an equal with those around you. Imagine if you couldn't buy a cake for whatever reason. Or go into this shop and another shop and every time they say "sorry, we don't serve people like you, now fuck off", you're being made to feel inferior in your own country for something you can't change.

That's not how I want society to be, and it's not how many people want it to be.

So trying to put it down as "it's just a cake", it's NOT JUST A CAKE>

So in other words Christians can do what the hell they like because their religious book justifies ANYTHING?

You mean like lesbans can do it because some law justifies it? You're missing the two way street thing. If gays want tolerance they have to be prepared to be tolerant. To date they are failing in epic fashion and the blowback they got on this is why. They should have walked away...but nope they had to press it and now they demonized themselves

No, I don't mean that. I mean there are laws, like if you open a public business like a shop, you have to serve all people regardless of your own prejudices. Do Christians not have to follow the law? And if they don't have to follow that law, do they not have to follow laws like murder laws?

If gay people want tolerance, you seem to think they have to accept intolerance against them and just get on with life being denied rights, and also watching people BREAK THE LAW to be intolerant towards them. So if a Christian murders a gay person, the gay community just has to have a stiff upper lip and get on with it without complaining, right?

You know what I say to that? Fuck that shit. You're expecting them to cope with this, when it's ILLEGAL.

You need to get real...gays are some of the most intolerant assholes on the planet. But yet they sashay around demanding it. It was a freaking cake, a cake!!!! Just go to another baker

Maybe some of them are really intolerant. This is neither here nor there. Some are, some aren't. Many white people, many men, many black people, many women, many Jews, many adults are intolerant. We can put any group and get those who are intolerant. That doesn't mean they lose their rights because some of them are intolerant. It doesn't mean we can break the law to the detriment of those we believe are intolerant either.

They demand something that was THE LAW. Do you not understand. You go to a shop, shop owner shoots you in the head. Should I get real? Should shop owner be able to do what he likes?

If a black person goes into a shop should they be allowed to call the customer "n*gger" because it's their shop?

Why do you think people can break the law?
Why should the people follow the law when Obama and Clinton don't?

Well that's a good question, why should the rich get away with things when the poor have to stick to it. However this isn't the conversation we're having, it's for a different thread.

Forum List

Back