Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case

I feel no pity for them. None. Zip. Nada. They brought this on themselves and now they can live with it.

Am I against the LGBT community? Nope. But I am against idiots that want to force themselves onto people when a LGBT bakery would have LOVED to have had their business. Why not support them with baking their cake? Why MAKE someone go against their own beliefs with a lawsuit?

Yeah, they made society be anti-gay so it's all their fault.
They refused to send their business to supporting vendors and specifically looked for one that objects.

Oh, so they should just accept that they're allowed to be discriminated against because society hates them, and they should just toddle off to the places that will serve them. What if no places want to serve them? Oh, well then they should just learn that they're inferior in their own country?
No, obviously they can and did sue and won. Trouble is we do have first amendment rights, so others are telling them what they think of the lawsuit. So, what's the problem?

What sin would be committed by making a cake for gay people exactly?
Direct participation in the wedding which is a sinful act. Now we know that the government will force Christians to sin and punish them when they refuse. That part is over. The complaint the lesbians have now is a general disapproval of their perversion.

If gays and lesbians could make their unhappiness known, which they did. Sweet Cakes was happily put out of business. Then anyone else could also make their unhappiness known. This couple is getting exactly what they deserve.

How is it sinful to take part in a wedding? How is it sinful to make a cake that ends up in a wedding sinful? Makes no sense to me.

It sounds like people who want it to be a sin.

Bible Gateway passage: Luke 10:25-37 - New International Version

Luke 10:25-37

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’a]">[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’b]">[b]”

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denariic]">[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

This suggests you'd make the cake.

Or not....

This world is full of sinners, and we must be careful to not be partakers with them. Eph. 5:3-7

So in other words Christians can do what the hell they like because their religious book justifies ANYTHING?

You mean like lesbans can do it because some law justifies it? You're missing the two way street thing. If gays want tolerance they have to be prepared to be tolerant. To date they are failing in epic fashion and the blowback they got on this is why. They should have walked away...but nope they had to press it and now they demonized themselves

No, I don't mean that. I mean there are laws, like if you open a public business like a shop, you have to serve all people regardless of your own prejudices. Do Christians not have to follow the law? And if they don't have to follow that law, do they not have to follow laws like murder laws?

If gay people want tolerance, you seem to think they have to accept intolerance against them and just get on with life being denied rights, and also watching people BREAK THE LAW to be intolerant towards them. So if a Christian murders a gay person, the gay community just has to have a stiff upper lip and get on with it without complaining, right?

You know what I say to that? Fuck that shit. You're expecting them to cope with this, when it's ILLEGAL.

I feel no pity for them. None. Zip. Nada. They brought this on themselves and now they can live with it.

Am I against the LGBT community? Nope. But I am against idiots that want to force themselves onto people when a LGBT bakery would have LOVED to have had their business. Why not support them with baking their cake? Why MAKE someone go against their own beliefs with a lawsuit?

They refused to send their business to supporting vendors and specifically looked for one that objects.

Oh, so they should just accept that they're allowed to be discriminated against because society hates them, and they should just toddle off to the places that will serve them. What if no places want to serve them? Oh, well then they should just learn that they're inferior in their own country?
No, obviously they can and did sue and won. Trouble is we do have first amendment rights, so others are telling them what they think of the lawsuit. So, what's the problem?

I don't have a problem with people speaking about this. However they won because the law was clearly on their side. Read the Christians broke the law. However if you're talking about it on here, I'm going to tell people why they're wrong. That is also my right. I'm not telling people not to talk about it. I'm telling people to abide by the laws of the country.

Direct participation in the wedding which is a sinful act. Now we know that the government will force Christians to sin and punish them when they refuse. That part is over. The complaint the lesbians have now is a general disapproval of their perversion.

If gays and lesbians could make their unhappiness known, which they did. Sweet Cakes was happily put out of business. Then anyone else could also make their unhappiness known. This couple is getting exactly what they deserve.

How is it sinful to take part in a wedding? How is it sinful to make a cake that ends up in a wedding sinful? Makes no sense to me.

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’a]">[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’b]">[b]”

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denariic]">[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

Or not....

This world is full of sinners, and we must be careful to not be partakers with them. Eph. 5:3-7

So in other words Christians can do what the hell they like because their religious book justifies ANYTHING?

You mean like lesbans can do it because some law justifies it? You're missing the two way street thing. If gays want tolerance they have to be prepared to be tolerant. To date they are failing in epic fashion and the blowback they got on this is why. They should have walked away...but nope they had to press it and now they demonized themselves

No, I don't mean that. I mean there are laws, like if you open a public business like a shop, you have to serve all people regardless of your own prejudices. Do Christians not have to follow the law? And if they don't have to follow that law, do they not have to follow laws like murder laws?

If gay people want tolerance, you seem to think they have to accept intolerance against them and just get on with life being denied rights, and also watching people BREAK THE LAW to be intolerant towards them. So if a Christian murders a gay person, the gay community just has to have a stiff upper lip and get on with it without complaining, right?

You know what I say to that? Fuck that shit. You're expecting them to cope with this, when it's ILLEGAL.

You need to get real...gays are some of the most intolerant assholes on the planet. But yet they sashay around demanding it. It was a freaking cake, a cake!!!! Just go to another baker

What sin would be committed by making a cake for gay people exactly?

Or not....

We are not talking about doing something. This is failing to do something. Can a Christian refuse to act because their religious book justifies non action?

Pretty much!

Doing something, no doing something, either way they broke the law.

Hopefully the $100,000+ from the Sweet Cakes bigots has helped alleviate their pain.
Read the article... the money is locked in a government account since they did not want it.
Back on duty s0n?
I just read it was locked in an account...nothing about them not wanting it. Presumably because the verdict is being appealed.

I agree.

According to one source (there are others, or course):

In order to reach the total amount, $135,000, Rachel and Laurel submitted a long list of alleged physical, emotional and mental damages they claim to have experienced as a result of the Kleins’ unlawful conduct.

Examples of symptoms included “acute loss of confidence,” “doubt,” “excessive sleep,” “felt mentally raped, dirty and shameful,” “high blood pressure,” “impaired digestion,” “loss of appetite,” “migraine headaches,” “pale and sick at home after work,” “resumption of smoking habit,” “shock,” “stunned,” “surprise,” “uncertainty,” “weight gain” and “worry.”

Ore. Silences Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbians

It appears this couple was out for financial gain in spite of what they or their supporters may be saying now.

I don't have a problem with people speaking about this. However they won because the law was clearly on their side. Read the Christians broke the law. However if you're talking about it on here, I'm going to tell people why they're wrong. That is also my right. I'm not telling people not to talk about it. I'm telling people to abide by the laws of the country.

yep, the sued and won, the law was upheld so why are they bitching now?

Or not....

You need to get real...gays are some of the most intolerant assholes on the planet. But yet they sashay around demanding it. It was a freaking cake, a cake!!!! Just go to another baker

Maybe some of them are really intolerant. This is neither here nor there. Some are, some aren't. Many white people, many men, many black people, many women, many Jews, many adults are intolerant. We can put any group and get those who are intolerant. That doesn't mean they lose their rights because some of them are intolerant. It doesn't mean we can break the law to the detriment of those we believe are intolerant either.

They demand something that was THE LAW. Do you not understand. You go to a shop, shop owner shoots you in the head. Should I get real? Should shop owner be able to do what he likes?

If a black person goes into a shop should they be allowed to call the customer "n*gger" because it's their shop?

Why do you think people can break the law?

Yes, they shred and won, the law was upheld so why are they Bitcoin? What?

What?

Hopefully the $100,000+ from the Sweet Cakes bigots has helped alleviate their pain.
Read the article... the money is locked in a government account since they did not want it.
Back on duty s0n?
I just read it was locked in an account...nothing about them not wanting it. Presumably because the verdict is being appealed.

I agree.

According to one source (there are others, or course):

In order to reach the total amount, $135,000, Rachel and Laurel submitted a long list of alleged physical, emotional and mental damages they claim to have experienced as a result of the Kleins’ unlawful conduct.

Examples of symptoms included “acute loss of confidence,” “doubt,” “excessive sleep,” “felt mentally raped, dirty and shameful,” “high blood pressure,” “impaired digestion,” “loss of appetite,” “migraine headaches,” “pale and sick at home after work,” “resumption of smoking habit,” “shock,” “stunned,” “surprise,” “uncertainty,” “weight gain” and “worry.”

Ore. Silences Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbians

It appears this couple was out for financial gain in spite of what they or their supporters may be saying now.

Or maybe they thought the more the money people had to pay, the more the law would be upheld and gay people wouldn't get kicked down again. How much did their legal defense cost? Did they actually win any money, or did it all goes to the usual suspects, the lawyers?

Or not....

Maybe some of them are really intolerant. This is neither here nor there. Some are, some aren't. Many white people, many men, many black people, many women, many Jews, many adults are intolerant. We can put any group and get those who are intolerant. That doesn't mean they lose their rights because some of them are intolerant. It doesn't mean we can break the law to the detriment of those we believe are intolerant either.

They demand something that was THE LAW. Do you not understand. You go to a shop, shop owner shoots you in the head. Should I get real? Should shop owner be able to do what he likes?

If a black person goes into a shop should they be allowed to call the customer "n*gger" because it's their shop?

I'm weary of dealing with you on this. Fucking people getting wound up over a fucking cake then wonder why others think they are assholes. There are bigger issues other than gays getting all bent over a damn cake

Which prompted the gay mafia to issue death threats to the bakery and owners in question. And try to ruin their business.

Looks like Karma bit these vindictive hags in the ass.

No sympathy here either.

Or not....

Why should the people follow the law when Obama and Clinton don't?

Or not....

We are not talking about doing something. This is failing to do something. Can a Christian refuse to act because their religious book justifies non action?

Pretty much!

Doing something, no doing something, either way they broke the law.
And this lesbian couple got satisfaction for the broken law and a whole lot more. How's their sleeping and weight gain doing now?

Just me personally? If somone was honest the would listen to the bakers. They said they would bake a cake for anyone at anytim and that includes gays. What they did not want to be forced to do is bake a wedding cake because it goes against their Christian beliefs. Mr? I would find another baker.

just a couple of fat disgusting Dykes.......they are getting what they deserve.

55b7afa91700002500565b9d.jpeg

Is this a "Christian" message?

"I am buying up my ammo right now you filthy, ugly, disgusting, fat, stupid, cruel, anti-Christian piece of liberal scum," she read aloud. "I am getting ready for the war so I hope you have a good hiding place, you sick, disgusting, miserable, piece of degenerate lesbian scum."

If that is, indeed, a representation of "Chritianity", I wonder why it has never been expressed in the church I attend. Why should anyone think that Christianity means what this alleged Christian thinks?

These bigoted are twisting a loving, forgiving, beautiful faith to serve a vile and evil purpose. Bigots like the one quoted here are, in fact, more in sympatico with the Taliban in their abuse of faith to foment hate.

Is this a "Christian" message?

"I am buying up my ammo right now you filthy, ugly, disgusting, fat, stupid, cruel, anti-Christian piece of liberal scum," she read aloud. "I am getting ready for the war so I hope you have a good hiding place, you sick, disgusting, miserable, piece of degenerate lesbian scum."

If that is, indeed, a representation of "Chritianity", I wonder why it has never been expressed in the church I attend. Why should anyone think that Christianity means what this alleged Christian thinks?

These bigoted are twisting a loving, forgiving, beautiful faith to serve a vile and evil purpose. Bigots like the one quoted here are, in fact, more in sympatico with the Taliban in their abuse of faith to foment hate.
That's the message of someone fed up with being forced to violate their beliefs.

Forum List

Back