🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case

I feel no pity for them. None. Zip. Nada. They brought this on themselves and now they can live with it.

Am I against the LGBT community? Nope. But I am against idiots that want to force themselves onto people when a LGBT bakery would have LOVED to have had their business. Why not support them with baking their cake? Why MAKE someone go against their own beliefs with a lawsuit?

Yeah, they made society be anti-gay so it's all their fault.
Yer fixin' to go on ignore like a shitload of others, but before I do....I will say what I wanna say then you can go fuck yourself.

Society is NOT anti gay. They are anti asshole. The gays want the same rights? They got it. Now they want to FORCE people to do their bidding when it is against their religion to do so. Which means, anyone can go in a muslim restaurant and DEMAND pork sausage, right? Wrong.

Meanwhile...there are LGBT bakeries they could have gone to. Hell, I would have made their damn cake! I want the business! But nope. They wanted to MAKE that couple bake their fucking cake, so they SUED them. Hypocrites, says I.

Now you go on ignore. I don't want to waste any more of my time with you.

I'm fine with being on your ignore list. If having a different opinion to you is the requirement for being on the ignore list, then fine. I can't do anything about it.

You're also making assumptions about what I said. Society was anti-gay in the past. It's getting better now, but like with anything there lingers a large portion of society that is anti-gay, certain more anti-gay people than gay people out there.

As for "anti asshole", rubbish. You see on here all the time people who are anti-something and they pretend they've got all these morals behind them, then the morals drop for the next topic and they've got different morals backing up their foul mouthed rants.

I certainly wouldn't feel sorry for the anti-freedom activists if something more than threats happened.

Sure you wouldn't. Anti-freedom being like the civil rights movement, women's voting movement, all of those who want freedom for people who aren't you, right?
Forcing someone to do something they don't want to is anti-freedom. Plain and simple. Only retards cannot comprehend that.

I certainly wouldn't feel sorry for the anti-freedom activists if something more than threats happened.

Sure you wouldn't. Anti-freedom being like the civil rights movement, women's voting movement, all of those who want freedom for people who aren't you, right?
Forcing someone to do something they don't want to is anti-freedom. Plain and simple. Only retards cannot comprehend that.

But then again there are conflicts where two people wanting to do differing things that conflict. What's the answer in these situations then?

You're talking anarchy. I don't think many people are anarchists, but apparently you are.

Most people would say that people should be able to do whatever they like as long as they don't infringe on the rights of others or hurt or harm them. That's more or less the theory of Human Rights.

Now when it comes to businesses, they've signed up to an agreement which means they need to act better than an individual needs to do. Businesses are not FREE to do as they wish, they're businesses. Individuals can make choices. If you don't want to serve gay people then you are FREE not to work in the line of business. It's their choice.

When you force someone to labor for your benefit and punish them when they refuse, this is what happens.

When you force someone to labor for your benefit and punish them when they refuse, this is what happens.

No one forced them to labor for their benefit. They decided to open a PUBLIC BUSINESS, they didn't have to. They could have kept the business private. They could have imposed rules. They did not, they agree to serve the people who came into the shop when they signed the business license. At any time they could have closed down their business.

The judge who heard their case should have told them to get real and find a bakery that would be happy to have their business. But since did not, he should be horse whipped for setting such a totally unreasonable fine and then sent to take courses in sensitivity towards people of faith.

Thebhate mail.should be going to their exploitive attorneys and the.pos judge.

Dumbass lesbians got.used. Yet another excuse to languish on welfare and sink further into addiction and mantal illness.

No one forced them to labor for their benefit. They decided to open a PUBLIC BUSINESS, they didn't have to. They could have kept the business private. They could have imposed rules. They did not, they agree to serve the people who came into the shop when they signed the business license. At any time they could have closed down their business.
What you say has merit only if the couple went into the bakery, sat down and was denied service. That is not what happened.

Funny how the right come out against Obama and say he's dividing the country, then you see this, which shows the right trying to divide the country with simple bullyboy tactics.
It's funny how you badly misrepresented the matter to smear the right. Freedom loving people don't want to be forced into doing things against their morals or principles and you consider it division.

They did serve them dumbass. Repeatedly. They just didn't want to participate in their sacrilegious mockery of one of the sacraments. As is their right. The idea that we have to be permitted by the government to work is unconstitutional horseshit anyway.

Can we have a collective "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

In all seriousness, I am absolutely against anyone harassing these women, but they are the ones who went after the Klein's.

The hate keeps coming: Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case

It's just a cake, Laurel Bowman-Cryer used to tell her wife, Rachel. But three and a half years have passed, and the hate mail keeps coming.

Back in 2013, the owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa made headlines when they refused to make the lesbians' wedding cake. A state official, in a move that's redefined his political career, eventually ordered the bakers to pay $135,000.

The Bowman-Cryers have received thousands of Facebook messages, each one calling them fat or evil, the dumb lesbians who ruined those Christian bakers' lives.

As they waited for their daughter's school bus this May, Rachel's cell phone dinged with a new missive.

"I am buying up my ammo right now you filthy, ugly, disgusting, fat, stupid, cruel, anti-Christian piece of liberal scum," she read aloud. "I am getting ready for the war so I hope you have a good hiding place, you sick, disgusting, miserable, piece of degenerate lesbian scum."

The Bowman-Cryers say they never wanted the money, which remains locked in a government account. They say they never wanted a war.

For three and a half years, they have hidden, believing in time their names would disappear from the headlines. They didn't answer the phone. They declined hundreds of interviews, quit their jobs and stopped leaving the house.

Their silence has not protected them. As the Bowman-Cryers retreated, the fury over their case grew louder.

The bakers, Aaron and Melissa Klein, appealed their fines and hired former President George H.W. Bush's White House lawyer. They toured the country with presidential candidate Ted Cruz as the face of a new fight for business owners' religious freedom.

The legalization of same-sex marriage isn't the end of the story, the Kleins told crowds from Iowa to Washington, D.C. The government, they said, wants to force Christian business owners to help gay people marry. The solution, the Kleins warned receptive lawmakers, would be legislation protecting religious liberty. Arkansas, North Carolina and Mississippi have approved bills since then, curtailing the civil rights gay people fought to win.

The hate keeps coming: Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case

AKA....they are still seeking that desperately needed attention the mental whackjobs crave

Perhaps the couple would feel happier today if they had respected the rights of the bakers and found another bakery that was happy to accept their business. They turned the bakers into objects of hate and scorn on the part of their supporters, as well as caused them severe financial distress. If the couple thought they could do so without any personal consequences, they were incredibly naive. I don't condone the hate messages, but couple lit the match themselves.

This unhappiness of the couple is just a sob story. They got what they wanted and now they are playing the victim role when in reality they are the intolerant bitches.

I think we can see how far society still has to travel.

If you are in the cake business then you sell cakes to the public. Not just to those whose sex lives pass your bigoted standards.

If you are in the cake business then you sell cakes to the public. Not just to those whose sex lives pass your bigoted standards.
By bigoted you mean people that don't share your particular values. That's what is bigoted. Open to the public doesn't mean publicly owned.

B'loney. That is not the point of the Tolerance. In a DIVERSE society, people are free to have beliefs which may offend others. The most basic right is the right to be left alone. To be forced into service of another, even if it's for money, is a violation of that right.

What people who promote PC Tolerance and Diversity always forget is that, in their pursuit of their Social Justice Cause, they trample on the rights of others.

The bakers weren't preventing the couple from getting married or buying a cake from someone else. They just did not want to be forced to provide Their Labor in the service of something that violated their beliefs.

Tolerance is Not Acceptance and Not Forced Participation.

Forum List

Back