Pakistani beheaded in Saudi for drug trafficking

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
RIYADH: Saudi authorities on Wednesday beheaded a Pakistani man found guilty of smuggling drugs into the conservative Muslim kingdom, the interior ministry said.
The man was caught attempting to smuggle an amount of heroin hidden inside his stomach, the ministry said in a statement carried by SPA state news agency.
He was executed in the city of Riyadh.
His beheading brings to 38 the number of people executed in Saudi Arabia since the beginning of the year, according to an AFP tally.
In 2012, the kingdom executed 76 people, according to an AFP tally based on official figures. Human Rights Watch has put the number at 69.
Rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking are all punishable by death under Saudi Arabia’s strict version of sharia, or Islamic law.

Pakistani beheaded in Saudi for drug trafficking ? The Express Tribune

What is your point? The method of execution? America executes people regularly. Or you don't like their laws, that people are executed for drug trafficking? Then don't go there, don't try to smuggle drugs into their country. They are not the only country in the world that has capital punishment for drug trafficking.

The news jolted me. Death penalty is quite scary by itself. When you add beheading, it becomes super scary. As my intro says, I am a news junkie. I love reading and sharing news.

The news jolted me. Death penalty is quite scary by itself. When you add beheading, it becomes super scary. As my intro says, I am a news junkie. I love reading and sharing news.

It is a horrifying, disgusting method of execution. I don't dispute that. But, it's another country, another culture. We can't expect other cultures to see things the way we do.

We execute people too. They are still going to be dead, one way or another. Is lethal injection more humane? I think so, but killing anyone is disgusting and sinking to their level.

We don't need to do it. It was just now stated on the Piers Morgan show, while they were discussing Jodi Arias, that the death penalty in the US costs millions of dollars because of years of appeals. We don't save any money with capital punishment. There is little likelihood of a life w/o parole prisoner escaping. Studies show the death penalty is not a deterrent for crime, at least not in the US. So there is no point in the death penalty except punishment and vengeance.

This poor Pakistani man got into a situation he should never have contemplated. He made a horrible, horrible mistake and paid with his life. And, yes, I agree, beheading sounds a lot more scary all buy itself, which is why I think Saudi uses it, in addition to the fact it is a method they have used historically; but they want to frighten people away from trying this kind of thing, drug trafficking, and maybe it works as a deterrent.

It just sounds dark and depressing. I hope one day humanity will be able to rid itself of death penalty, at least beheading.

Forum List

Back