Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh really, what is their solution?

The solution is to try to contain the violence so that no Israeli is harmed until the people of Gaza either start trying to achieve a better life including peace, or until the violence gets so bad that Israel has to use a higher level of force. There is nothing else Israel can do until there is a shift of thinking from the Gazans.

The solution from the Gazan side is simple -- stop violently attacking Israel. Easy peesy.
I rest my case.

What "case"?

Oh give me a break. Inane propaganda leaving out the 2500 rockets and mortars launched at Israel from the Gaza strip in 2012.

giphy.gif

Gaza Tribal Dignitary on Hamas TV: We Shall Liberate Our Land with Martyrs, Women and Children.

Oh, I don't know. I'm always creeped out when these bearded loons talk about what they're going to do with young girls.

※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Terminology of occupation: "SETTLER"
(OBSERVATIONS)

ARTICLE XII
Arrangements for Security and Public Order

5. For the purpose of this Agreement, "the Settlements" means, in the West Bank - the settlements in Area C; and in the Gaza Strip - the Gush Katif and Erez settlement areas, as well as the other settlements in the Gaza Strip,

(COMMENT)

I notice that the Arab Palestinians and the Pro-Palestinians American block the road and then come-out and say the Israelis start the confrontation.

Most Respectfully,
R

※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

(OBSERVATIONS)

ARTICLE XII

5. For the purpose of this Agreement, "the Settlements" means, in the West Bank - the settlements in Area C; and in the Gaza Strip - the Gush Katif and Erez settlement areas, as well as the other settlements in the Gaza Strip,

(COMMENT)

I notice that the Arab Palestinians and the Pro-Palestinians American block the road and then come-out and say the Israelis start the confrontation.

Most Respectfully,
R
What does stealing land and shooting those who protest have to do with security and public order?

They were not blocking any road. They were on village land.

※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

(OBSERVATIONS)

ARTICLE XII

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Also the term "settlers" applies solely to people of Jewish ethnicity or Israeli citizenship living in the disputed areas. People of Arab ethnicity or Palestinian citizenship living in the disputed areas are called "permanent residents".

The former has a distinctly negative connotation, while the latter does not. The use of these terms should be standardized.

※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

(OBSERVATIONS)

ARTICLE XII

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
What does stealing land and shooting those who protest have to do with security and public order?

They were not blocking any road. They were on village land.

If they were protesting 'land stealing' they would press charges, but they don't because the land was never theirs.

When You "protest" by violently disrupting public order it's a security hazard, both Arab and Jewish drivers get injured by their violence.

Blocking the main road downhill is the usual target and attraction of the young in Nabi Saleh - the elders encourage them to target it on a regular basis to provoke a response from the police.

The Nabi Salh settlement itself, before Israel, had only 5 houses and never reached beyond the 0.5 km radius that it occupies today.

※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

(OBSERVATIONS)

ARTICLE XII

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Also the term "settlers" applies solely to people of Jewish ethnicity or Israeli citizenship living in the disputed areas. People of Arab ethnicity or Palestinian citizenship living in the disputed areas are called "permanent residents".

The former has a distinctly negative connotation, while the latter does not. The use of these terms should be standardized.
Also the term "settlers" applies solely to people of Jewish ethnicity
Not really. They could be Hindu settlers and they would still be settlers. Jewish has nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back