🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Palestinians hold day of mourning after 773 ‘shot with live ammunition’

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Angry protestors throw stones and light tires on fire. Israeli soldiers respond with live ammunition. Are their actions justified? Discuss.

Palestinians hold day of mourning after 773 ‘shot with live ammunition’

Gaza hospitals, running low on blood and overstretched by the huge number of wounded, were reeling after one of the enclave’s bloodiest days outside of open war, in which Israeli soldiers shot 773 people with live ammunition, according to the ministry of health.

Fifteen of the wounded died, said the ministry spokesperson Dr Ashraf al-Qidra. “Most of the dead were aged between 17 and 35 years old,” he said. “The injuries were on the upper part of the body.” He added that the remainder of the wounded, some of whom were in a critical condition, had been “shot with live ammunition”.

The violence erupted on Friday after mass demonstrations took place demanding the right of return for Palestinian refugees and their descendants to land in Israel.

Tens of thousands of people, including women and children, had planned to camp several hundred metres from the Israeli frontier, which surrounds the 140-square-mile Gaza strip on two sides, on the first day of a peaceful, six-week protest.

But from the main camps, groups of mostly young men approached the border at several locations and started throwing stones and burning tyres. Soldiers responded by opening fire throughout the day.

..the Pals have proven themselves to be very dangerous to Israelis--to say the least

..the Pals should thank their lucky stars the Israelis have not shoved them all into the sea

..just think if Mexicans kept murdering innocent American women/children/etc--for decades!!..attacking US towns/cities...kidnapping US citizens and murdering them

..the Pals have proven themselves to be very dangerous to Israelis--to say the least

..the Pals should thank their lucky stars the Israelis have not shoved them all into the sea

..just think if Mexicans kept murdering innocent American women/children/etc--for decades!!..attacking US towns/cities...kidnapping US citizens and murdering them

Why are the Palestinians so angry at Israel?

This was organised by Hamas on the understanding that when there were enough ‘participants’ they would storm the border, not peacefully protest.
Guess they jumped the gun and took a bit of a beating.

Israel needs to sterilize the whole area of pallys. As long as a single pally exists the Jews are at risk.

Why are the Palestinians so angry at Israel?
Because they are mostly Jewish.

It's just a racist thing? Why are they so racist? I guess I'm just trying to understand their outrage.
Well, it is a HUGE topic, and, not wishing to be rude, not one I can be generally bothered with any more, I’m afraid.
But I believe this particular ‘protest’ marks what the Pali’s call Land Day.

I think it might be a good idea to read and participate in the Israel/Palestine forum of this board. There are SOME sensible posters there, and a great many arguments regarding the legitimacy or otherwise of the Palestinian position and their approach to Israel’s existence etc.
I wish you well in your endeavour!

Not just innocent ‘protesters’, as usual.

...IDF chief spokesperson Ronen Manelis said that the event has not concluded, adding that "their intention is to continue this is in the hours, days and weeks to come."

Manelis added that the military used discretion when using live fire, adding that all the Palestinian fatalities were men between the ages of 18 and 30. He noted that several of the fatalities identified with Hamas, one of whom was considered a central figure in the organization."

16 killed, dozens wounded as thousands gather on Gaza-Israel border for 'March of Return'

The Guardian purposely used LIVE AMMUNITION to get more people to read the article...........

Inflated wounded report in the title to make it look like the IDF was using real bullets..............

When in fact it was rubber rounds and tear gas that sent so many to hospitals........a number the Guardian couldn't confirm but reported anyway......

Go figure.

The Guardian purposely used LIVE AMMUNITION to get more people to read the article...........

Inflated wounded report in the title to make it look like the IDF was using real bullets..............

When in fact it was rubber rounds and tear gas that sent so many to hospitals........a number the Guardian couldn't confirm but reported anyway......

Go figure.
Supporting Pallywood, as usual.

I guess we can look forward to more of the same for the next 6 weeks or so.

...Backed by the Hamas government in Gaza, Palestinians have established several tent camps housing thousands near the border. Thousands of Palestinians will camp out near the fence as an extended protest until Nakba Day in mid-May, with weekly demonstrations on Fridays....

16 killed, dozens wounded as thousands gather on Gaza-Israel border for 'March of Return'

Seems like their practice of using children as human shields (in this case a young girl - no doubt viewed as expendable due to her gender) didn’t work out as Hamas hoped. Her parents were probably looking forward to the ‘martyr’ payment too. What a despicable thing to do.

Haaretz reported that a seven-year-old girl was sent to the border fence by Hamas. According to the IDF Spokesperson's Unit, the military made sure she was safely returned to her parents.

...Backed by the Hamas government in Gaza, Palestinians have established several tent camps housing thousands near the border. Thousands of Palestinians will camp out near the fence as an extended protest until Nakba Day in mid-May, with weekly demonstrations on Fridays....

Isreal should fire bomb any tent camp set up at their border.

Many reasons and they are all complicated. Palestinian militants claim Israel should belong to them, yet these same Palestinians, through the years, sold their land to Israel.
Ever notice that Egypt and Jordan (who signed peace agreements with Israel) and other middle eastern countries, such as Kuwait (which expelled tens of thousands of Palestinians) do not support Palestinians? There is reason for that. It all dates back to ancient as well as modern history and the wars between them.

Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Saddam’s Iraq, Yemen, etc., all gave/give support to the Palestinians. They all have a hatred of all things Jewish and believe it must be destroyed.

Saudi Arabia waffles with its support, due to mutual interest re: Iran and its dangers presented.

Palestinian militants want Jerusalem for their capital.

This just barely touches the surface on a few small things, of a very complicated fight, of which my understanding is very small in the scheme of it all , as it is so convoluted.

It's just a racist thing? Why are they so racist? I guess I'm just trying to understand their outrage.

Isreal should fire bomb any tent camp set up at their border.
Well they have taken a lot of little human shields with them to the camps.
They never miss an opportunity to put their kids in harms way if there’s the possibility of some anti Israel propaganda in it.

These are hardcore Muslim totalitarian bigots hell bent on Israeli/Jewish genocide. Iran is the evil step mother.
They need to be extinguished.

Forum List

Back