Palin Claims The Pope Is On A "Liberal Agenda"

Palin clarifies what she said in a press release: I agree with her

Just to clarify my comment to Jake Tapper about Pope Francis, it was not my intention to be critical of Pope Francis. I was reminding viewers that we need to do our own homework on news subjects, and I hadn’t done mine yet on the Pope’s recent comments as reported by the media. Knowing full well how often the media mischaracterizes a person’s comments (especially a religious leader’s), I don’t trust them to get it right when it comes to reporting on the Vatican. I do, however, trust my many Catholic friends and family, including some excellent Catholic writers, who have since assured me that Pope Francis is as sincere and faithful a shepherd of his church as his two predecessors whom I admired. I apologize for not being clearer in my response, thus opening the door to critical media that does what it does best in ginning up controversy.

- Sarah Palin

Translation: "I've just been informed I managed to piss off several million people with my idiotic remark."

This Pope reminds me very much of the Bishop of Digne who gave shelter to Valjean. ;)

Last edited:
I bet that she is not Catholic.

Sarah Palin is one of those snake-handling, speaking-in-tongues, fundamentalist kind of whack jobs.

svBLESSING-420x0.jpg

The pope is not a real Christian like Sarah and her family

Palin clarifies what she said in a press release: I agree with her

Just to clarify my comment to Jake Tapper about Pope Francis, it was not my intention to be critical of Pope Francis. I was reminding viewers that we need to do our own homework on news subjects, and I hadn’t done mine yet on the Pope’s recent comments as reported by the media. Knowing full well how often the media mischaracterizes a person’s comments (especially a religious leader’s), I don’t trust them to get it right when it comes to reporting on the Vatican. I do, however, trust my many Catholic friends and family, including some excellent Catholic writers, who have since assured me that Pope Francis is as sincere and faithful a shepherd of his church as his two predecessors whom I admired. I apologize for not being clearer in my response, thus opening the door to critical media that does what it does best in ginning up controversy.

- Sarah Palin

Translation: "I've just been informed I managed to piss off several million people with my idiotic remark."

Quick Sarah........blame the media

"While some wags have questioned why other religious traditions don’t seem to have a problem with other aspects of the mandate (e.g., Christian Scientists haven’t risen up in objection to coverage of blood transfusions), frank speech requires acknowledgement of a more fundamental truth: from its earliest articulation, liberalism has set its sights on the rout of Catholic Christendom. Liberalism was fundamentally animated by a deep philosophical and theological objection to Catholicism – and, until recent times, vice-versa. Debate over the HHS mandate should be understood in its broadest context: the longstanding effort to wholly remake society in the image and likeness of liberal philosophy."

Are Liberal Terms Dominating the HHS Mandate Debate? | Crisis Magazine

The breadth and scope of the ignorance of the obsessive Palin haters is amazing.

When the Catholic church got busted covering up child abuse by some clergy they went super politically correct. The church has been on a leftest politically correct path for years.

When the Catholic church got busted covering up child abuse by some clergy they went super politically correct. The church has been on a leftest politically correct path for years.

Now Christianity is "da libs" you guys are too much :lol:

Palin was referring to the pope's strong activity in reaching out to the poor and needy which is what is written in the bible. In the far right's minds like her, being a "good christian" simply means to hate gays, women, and everyone else besides the rich.

Yet, they talk all the time about homosexuality despite the fact that Jesus never said anything about it, and the fact that none of the 10 Commandments mentions it.

But the Bible mentions it and the Bible is the word of God. Homosexuality is a horrendous sin.

So is eating shellfish, wearing fabrics of mixed cloth and working on the Sabbath.

All the change in that particular one was prophesied.

But I'll give you a C for effort.

Forum List

Back