Palin tried to ban books

Dive, I could understand asking one time about banning books as a procedure.

But three times?
since she never actually requested that any book be banned i dont see the problem
and it would depend on what and why she was asking
none of which we know at the moment

What I am trippin' on is what benign reason would she have for the inquiry?
a begining point for negotiations
it happens a lot to staret out with an outragious requests, to have somewhere to go in the process without getting less than what you REALLY wanted
this is a well known tactic

Is anyone here in favor of banning books? If so, which ones?
it would depend on what the book was and thye age of the group that were able to access them

please tell me you wouldnt expect an adult book to be in a middle school, right?

a begining point for negotiations
it happens a lot to staret out with an outragious requests, to have somewhere to go in the process without getting less than what you REALLY wanted
this is a well known tactic

Negotiations with the librarian? What were they negotiating?

Perhaps moving the Bible or something like that into a better place in the library or something.

She'd probably want to ban any books on Global Warming, Anti-Religion,etc. That's if she wants to ban books I'm saying.

Though I think we can all agree if there is one book that should be banned, it's the turner diaries.

it would depend on what the book was and thye age of the group that were able to access them

please tell me you wouldnt expect an adult book to be in a middle school, right?

Oh wait ... I see what you are gettin' at now. You are arguing that she was doing it in the best interest of the children.

that hasnt been shown yet
and the librarian herself hasnt said anything
just this other woman that was a political opponant of Palins with an ax to grind
this is why these charges are so STUPID

Oh wait ... I see what you are gettin' at now. You are arguing that she was doing it in the best interest of the children.
nice way to avoid my actual question

your question was not a specific question it was general, thus my response was also general

that hasnt been shown yet
and the librarian herself hasnt said anything
just this other woman that was a political opponant of Palins with an ax to grind
this is why these charges are so STUPID

So we don't know the truth then ...

"For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own — for the children, and the children yet unborn."

- Rod Sterling [Creator of the The Twilight Zone.]

Won't somebody think of the children!

$23289641.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niQ73ZlDxuI]YouTube - George Carlin - Children[/ame]

George Carlin is my hero. :D

Forum List

Back