🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Panera Bread . . .

I like Panera. Starbucks too.

And even more so now that I know it irks some idiots that some of us can afford to pay whatever we want without giving it a second thought. Plus, as a bonus in such "expensive" places we don't have to put up with much of society's riff-raff.

Panera fare is simply not that expensive, not like Starbucks. That's a myth. For what it serves, including the fact that its food actually has more flavor than cardboard, it can only be considered pricey by comparison to the McBurger joints that actually sell cardboard food. It's not that Panera and its ilk are overpriced; the McBurger imitation food is underpriced. They cannot be compared.

Me, if I'm gonna spend any money on prepared food, it's going to have to be actual food. Anything less is a complete waste of money.

2 salads, 1 small, 1 'large' w/ chicken (5 slivers of chicken, 5 croutons, the rest was lettuce)
2 small containers of mac and cheese
1 apple, a roll, 3 drinks
$31.03

The food was only just ok. No, I won't be eating there again.
Uummmmm, someone made an addition error. The most I've ever paid there for two people (large dinner) was $23.00 and that was last Dec.
You should try Red Robin or 5 Guys, burgers costing for two $30.00 and up...
We're not Red Robin's target clientele, if I wanted to attend a concert I'd go to a concert hall, not a burger joint................ :eusa_whistle:
As for 5 Guys I'll get it to go or eat outside, same problem. Over $30 eh? What do you do, order 4 patties on each burger?

Red Robin - totally over-rated

5 Guys - the French fries are worth it.

I never go there. Grocery store has better food and cheaper.
It's also for lazy people who like to throw away their money.

In this economy every cent counts.

Better to buy your ingredients and make from scratch. Cheaper and usually healthier.

Again, neither of those apply to getting a bite while on the road.
Ever try making a sandwich while driving? It can be done, but kind of a PITA. Pun intended.
We used to make them before we left the house, back when there was not a McDonald's every where...

PB&J to go. Nothing better than PB&J and a cold glass of milk in a thermos!
Unless you don't like milk...

Better to buy your ingredients and make from scratch. Cheaper and usually healthier.

Ever try making a sandwich while driving? It can be done, but kind of a PITA. Pun intended.
We used to make them before we left the house, back when there was not a McDonald's every where...

To this day I still hate PB&J and I can only tolerate drinking milk on very rare occasions and only if it has been iced.

Okay how about a BLT and an Iced tea? :)

Milk doesn't like me ... it's an age thing....

Panera fare is simply not that expensive, not like Starbucks. That's a myth. For what it serves, including the fact that its food actually has more flavor than cardboard, it can only be considered pricey by comparison to the McBurger joints that actually sell cardboard food. It's not that Panera and its ilk are overpriced; the McBurger imitation food is underpriced. They cannot be compared.

Me, if I'm gonna spend any money on prepared food, it's going to have to be actual food. Anything less is a complete waste of money.

2 salads, 1 small, 1 'large' w/ chicken (5 slivers of chicken, 5 croutons, the rest was lettuce)
$31.03

Uummmmm, someone made an addition error. The most I've ever paid there for two people (large dinner) was $23.00 and that was last Dec.
We're not Red Robin's target clientele, if I wanted to attend a concert I'd go to a concert hall, not a burger joint................ :eusa_whistle:
As for 5 Guys I'll get it to go or eat outside, same problem. Over $30 eh? What do you do, order 4 patties on each burger?

The french fries specifically with the malted vinegar :eusa_drool:

$31.03

5 Guys is owned by the Walberg family...I can still make the same fries at home..

$31.03

5 Guys is owned by the Walberg family...I can still make the same fries at home..

so the question to you my love is, is there any place worth eating out at (in your opinion)....

Milk doesn't like me ... it's an age thing....
I had to drink it growing up, never like white mil but I did chocolate...To many times it was warn out of the cow,,barf...and in the summer, it'will make you sick if you get too hot..

To this day I still hate PB&J and I can only tolerate drinking milk on very rare occasions and only if it has been iced.

Go for it, I'll have a small bacon sandwich instead.......

Huge-Bacon-Sandwich-300x252.jpg

so the question to you my love is, is there any place worth eating out at (in your opinion)....
those really hard places to get into, like the Y....it's also low cal....

good thing this is a message board and I can't reach you.....

And Wild Turkey to wash it down...

good thing this is a message board and I can't reach you.....
heh-heh

Not to mention low carb........

First thing ya noticed eh? :lol:

Not to mention low carb........
that helps...

First thing ya noticed eh? :lol:
Yes, I have an attraction to pretty things like that...

If you eat that you are already dead....

If you eat that you are already dead....
No worse than the bologna years, plus I buy bacon by the box, not the package, so we eat about 10-20 pounds of bacon a month...

Forum List

Back