🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Panera Bread . . .

I'm a big fan of their Frontega Chicken panini.

In this economy every cent counts.

Better to buy your ingredients and make from scratch. Cheaper and usually healthier.

I bought a bread machine but I do not know how to use it - I will have to make the effort to learn how to use it. I bought it over 6 months ago!

"Bread" is just part of the name of the company -- same with Atlanta Bread Co. They bake stuff there.

I don't think I've ever actually had bread from either one though.

I've bought their loaves of bread before - they were good but I've had bread from a bread machine before and thought it was much better. Fresher. I really need to take the time to learn how to use the thing. I have a garden and make a home made soup with what comes out of the garden so if I had the fresh bread to go with it that would be great.

Bread machines are...... okay, especially if you set the timer to wake up to fresh bread, which is awesome. But the product itself... eh.. I never came up with one that was as good as a professional baker can do.

I gave up bread so I don't do that any more. Makes too much fat.
The one I bought has that so I am thinking I would be able to set the timer to bake a loaf in the morning. I like the aroma of fresh bread in a house. That was the idea initially and that I would bake extra loaves and give it to my neighbor and also my son lives nearby when I give them vegetables from the garden. They can make a soup.

I like Panera. Starbucks too.

And even more so now that I know it irks some idiots that some of us can afford to pay whatever we want without giving it a second thought. Plus, as a bonus in such "expensive" places we don't have to put up with much of society's riff-raff.

And even more so now that I know it irks some idiots that some of us can afford to pay whatever we want without giving it a second thought. Plus, as a bonus in such "expensive" places we don't have to put up with much of society's riff-raff.

Panera fare is simply not that expensive, not like Starbucks. That's a myth. For what it serves, including the fact that its food actually has more flavor than cardboard, it can only be considered pricey by comparison to the McBurger joints that actually sell cardboard food. It's not that Panera and its ilk are overpriced; the McBurger imitation food is underpriced. They cannot be compared.

Me, if I'm gonna spend any money on prepared food, it's going to have to be actual food. Anything less is a complete waste of money.

Panera's okay once in a while, won't bother with Starfucks, nasty coffee besides (as a friend used to say) why pay $3 for a cup of coffee that takes 5 people 15 minutes to get it for you.......... :eusa_whistle:
If I get coffee out it's at 7-11........ inexpensive and actually very good.

Panera fare is simply not that expensive, not like Starbucks. That's a myth. For what it serves, including the fact that its food actually has more flavor than cardboard, it can only be considered pricey by comparison to the McBurger joints that actually sell cardboard food. It's not that Panera and its ilk are overpriced; the McBurger imitation food is underpriced. They cannot be compared.

Me, if I'm gonna spend any money on prepared food, it's going to have to be actual food. Anything less is a complete waste of money.

2 salads, 1 small, 1 'large' w/ chicken (5 slivers of chicken, 5 croutons, the rest was lettuce)
2 small containers of mac and cheese
1 apple, a roll, 3 drinks
$31.03

The food was only just ok. No, I won't be eating there again.

Panera's okay once in a while, won't bother with Starfucks, nasty coffee besides (as a friend used to say) why pay $3 for a cup of coffee that takes 5 people 15 minutes to get it for you.......... :eusa_whistle:
If I get coffee out it's at 7-11........ inexpensive and actually very good.

Starbucks coffee is waaaay over rated. I prefer Wawa.

My oldest was a barista at S/B. Yeah, those machines don't get cleaned as well as they should.

2 salads, 1 small, 1 'large' w/ chicken (5 slivers of chicken, 5 croutons, the rest was lettuce)
$31.03

Uummmmm, someone made an addition error. The most I've ever paid there for two people (large dinner) was $23.00 and that was last Dec.

$31.03

Uummmmm, someone made an addition error. The most I've ever paid there for two people (large dinner) was $23.00 and that was last Dec.
You should try Red Robin or 5 Guys, burgers costing for two $30.00 and up...

I never go there. Grocery store has better food and cheaper.
It's also for lazy people who like to throw away their money.

Better to buy your ingredients and make from scratch. Cheaper and usually healthier.

Again, neither of those apply to getting a bite while on the road.
Ever try making a sandwich while driving? It can be done, but kind of a PITA. Pun intended.
We used to make them before we left the house, back when there was not a McDonald's every where...

Ever try making a sandwich while driving? It can be done, but kind of a PITA. Pun intended.
We used to make them before we left the house, back when there was not a McDonald's every where...

PB&J to go. Nothing better than PB&J and a cold glass of milk in a thermos!

$31.03

We're not Red Robin's target clientele, if I wanted to attend a concert I'd go to a concert hall, not a burger joint................ :eusa_whistle:
As for 5 Guys I'll get it to go or eat outside, same problem. Over $30 eh? What do you do, order 4 patties on each burger?

$31.03

We're not Red Robin's target clientele, if I wanted to attend a concert I'd go to a concert hall, not a burger joint................ :eusa_whistle:
As for 5 Guys I'll get it to go or eat outside, same problem. Over $30 eh? What do you do, order 4 patties on each burger?
No they are the new gourmet burgers.My 13 year old wanted to try them out and found out grilled burgers at home are better...

PB&J to go. Nothing better than PB&J and a cold glass of milk in a thermos!
To this day I still hate PB&J and I can only tolerate drinking milk on very rare occasions and only if it has been iced.

Forum List

Back