Parents are sharing what it cost them to give birth in America : ‘He's 12,I still get calls from Collections"

People are sharing the often exorbitant cost of giving birth in America after a viral TikTok video asked parents what age their child was by the time they were finally able to pay off their childbirth bills.
Last month, a woman who goes by the username @MsLilyFlowers on TikTok shared a clip to the platform asking: “How old was your baby when you paid off the hospital bill for having them? Mine is almost two.”

The TikTok, which has since been viewed more than 546,000 times, led to hundreds of responses from other parents, with many revealing that their hospital bills for giving birth also took years to pay off, especially for those whose children were in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).

Some eye watering figures there. No wonder abortion is such an explosive issue. How can you afford to have kids ?

A friend of mine and her husband had to declare bankruptcy because of the cost of the birth of their first child.

It was the 1980s when there were no jobs. Her husband found one but she was pregnant before he got the job so the insurance company labeled it "preexisting condition" and didn't pay a penny.

They tried to pay it all off but it was just too much so they declared bankruptcy.
Were no jobs? Where the heck did you live? The 80's were an awesome time to work.
The 80's were a great decade to make money. Even the early 90's were really good.

I built my business in the late 80's and it was very lucrative.
OMG - I miss the mid80s - 90s..... it was nothing for us to pull in 40% margins. Industry average back then was over 30%. Today - you are lucky if you clear 15% pre-tax!
During that time, the average duration for an IT pro to stay at a job was about 18 months because you could literally walk down the street for a 20% raise. You could be a troll and they would put you in a back room to sling code. Good times. Not so much now.

People are sharing the often exorbitant cost of giving birth in America after a viral TikTok video asked parents what age their child was by the time they were finally able to pay off their childbirth bills.
Last month, a woman who goes by the username @MsLilyFlowers on TikTok shared a clip to the platform asking: “How old was your baby when you paid off the hospital bill for having them? Mine is almost two.”

The TikTok, which has since been viewed more than 546,000 times, led to hundreds of responses from other parents, with many revealing that their hospital bills for giving birth also took years to pay off, especially for those whose children were in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).

Some eye watering figures there. No wonder abortion is such an explosive issue. How can you afford to have kids ?

A friend of mine and her husband had to declare bankruptcy because of the cost of the birth of their first child.

It was the 1980s when there were no jobs. Her husband found one but she was pregnant before he got the job so the insurance company labeled it "preexisting condition" and didn't pay a penny.

They tried to pay it all off but it was just too much so they declared bankruptcy.
Its astonishing that people are dumb as to fight to preserve that system. There seems to bee a disconnect between the so called "pro life" lobby and their insistence on punishing the parents of babies. Wankers.

Once that fetus is born and it's a live child, the same people who believe that life begins at conception and it's murder to terminate a pregnancy, then doesn't give a rat's ass what happens to that child.

If it needs any health care/medical treatment the last thing those same people are going to do is want that child to have the care it needs.

Its astonishing that people are dumb as to fight to preserve that system. There seems to bee a disconnect between the so called "pro life" lobby and their insistence on punishing the parents of babies. Wankers.

Once that fetus is born and it's a live child, the same people who believe that life begins at conception and it's murder to terminate a pregnancy, then doesn't give a rat's ass what happens to that child.

If it needs any health care/medical treatment the last thing those same people are going to do is want that child to have the care it needs.
Another full of shit troll..... like I said, 100% of poverty born children in America - the parents don't pay a dime. Other low income only pay a percentage based on income. Been that way for decades.

Another full of shit troll..... like I said, 100% of poverty born children in America - the parents don't pay a dime. Other low income only pay a percentage based on income. Been that way for decades.

Is English your second language?

I said those people don't WANT the child to get the care it needs.

I want to be 5ft 7 inches tall but that will never happen. I will always be the height I am now.

Just because someone wants something doesn't mean they have it or will get it.

Yes they get help that conservatives and republicans don't want them to have. Just because you don't get your way doesn't mean I said something you seem to think I said.

Got any links to back up your claims that poverty parents don't pay a dime for the birth of their child? Because it sounds like bullshit to me.

Forum List

Back