Cancer

Why do some treatements work for some people but not for everyone? Israel and UAE work together on that question. www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRC3l6EvqKM
Guess you don't know there are multiple forms of cancer, not just one and that as the disease advances it finally metastasizes (stage 4 - spreads) and by that time almost nothing works on anyone. Many, my late wife included don't discover the cancer until it's stage 4.

Why do some treatements work for some people but not for everyone? Israel and UAE work together on that question. www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRC3l6EvqKM
Guess you don't know there are multiple forms of cancer, not just one and that as the disease advances it finally metastasizes (stage 4 - spreads) and by that time almost nothing works on anyone. Many, my late wife included don't discover the cancer until it's stage 4.

Some forms of cancer grow faster than others. Why? Let us find that out.

Even the same form of cancer can have different rates of spread. I had a friend die of prostate cancer that spread extremely fast. He went from a clear checkup to advanced stage 4 in a year and a half. Yet my Uncle who is now 90 has lived 10 years after his initial diagnosis.

The problem is human genetics and it's association with cancer cells, no two people are alike , we already know that so the one treatment shotgun approach doesn't always work. There's also some very rare cancers that we know little about because there's not a large enough study group for Drs to draw from. My wife had Lieomyosarcoma, one of the rarest if not the most rare cancers out there, medical science knows very little about it. She went through 6 different type of chemo treatments and none of them worked.
One thing we learned is that cancer cells reside in every one of us, we're still looking for what triggers them to start growing.
The You Tube interview sounds to me more like a feel good, looking for funding type of event.

The problem is human genetics and it's association with cancer cells, no two people are alike , we already know that so the one treatment shotgun approach doesn't always work. There's also some very rare cancers that we know little about because there's not a large enough study group for Drs to draw from. My wife had Lieomyosarcoma, one of the rarest if not the most rare cancers out there, medical science knows very little about it. She went through 6 different type of chemo treatments and none of them worked.
One thing we learned is that cancer cells reside in every one of us, we're still looking for what triggers them to start growing.
The You Tube interview sounds to me more like a feel good, looking for funding type of event.

Sorry to hear about your wife. Imagine if we could prevent that in future.

Cancer investigators look at this kind of thing all of the time as they come up with new treatments. Its complicated stuff, who would have thought?

Sorry to hear about your wife. Imagine if we could prevent that in future.
That would be wonderful but I've lived too long to remain an idealist so you tilt at windmills for both of us, I have reality to deal with.

My next door neighbor died of a very rare form of brain cancer. Fortunately he was never in pain and remained lucid until he went into hospice. They tried every treatment imaginable and none of them worked.

Forum List

Back