Parents are sharing what it cost them to give birth in America : ‘He's 12,I still get calls from Collections"

As usual, and expected, Tommy the Troll daily "America sucks" threads are off the mark.

And... as if Britain is better.... what a shit hole
Well I posted this a few months back. But the Uk is better for mothers by a long way. Your government is a lot better than ours though and I am sure President Joe will sort this out.

People are sharing the often exorbitant cost of giving birth in America after a viral TikTok video asked parents what age their child was by the time they were finally able to pay off their childbirth bills.
Last month, a woman who goes by the username @MsLilyFlowers on TikTok shared a clip to the platform asking: “How old was your baby when you paid off the hospital bill for having them? Mine is almost two.”

The TikTok, which has since been viewed more than 546,000 times, led to hundreds of responses from other parents, with many revealing that their hospital bills for giving birth also took years to pay off, especially for those whose children were in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).

Some eye watering figures there. No wonder abortion is such an explosive issue. How can you afford to have kids ?
The answer to that question is to not have them if you can't afford them and stop your whining. Am I supposed to pay for the children that other people have? It would be great for the planet for people to stop procreating!
Astonishing that people like you still exist. You do not belong in a civilised society.

But she is correct!

Why create a being to be born in such poverty?

You should first make sure you can provide for the child which mean all costs and if not then you shouldn’t be reproducing!

As usual, and expected, Tommy the Troll daily "America sucks" threads are off the mark.

Well I posted this a few months back. But the Uk is better for mothers by a long way. Your government is a lot better than ours though and I am sure President Joe will sort this out.

Single Payer or Universal Healthcare will never happen in my life…

People are sharing the often exorbitant cost of giving birth in America after a viral TikTok video asked parents what age their child was by the time they were finally able to pay off their childbirth bills.
Last month, a woman who goes by the username @MsLilyFlowers on TikTok shared a clip to the platform asking: “How old was your baby when you paid off the hospital bill for having them? Mine is almost two.”

The TikTok, which has since been viewed more than 546,000 times, led to hundreds of responses from other parents, with many revealing that their hospital bills for giving birth also took years to pay off, especially for those whose children were in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).

Some eye watering figures there. No wonder abortion is such an explosive issue. How can you afford to have kids ?
we dont have to afford it. We dont have to afford anything we do. The duopoly will take care of that. Responsibility is a thing of the past!
Go Murica!

True. We are 30 trillion in debt and look at the teeth gnashing over raising taxes to address that.
Many people just dont more of the fruits of their labor stolen for waste, corruption and other countries. Which is understandable.

Every city in America has hospitals that are either not for profit, or heavily subsidized by the government to pay for low income child births. PERIOD.
If a person is low income they don't pay anything Tommy Troll.

The answer to that question is to not have them if you can't afford them and stop your whining. Am I supposed to pay for the children that other people have? It would be great for the planet for people to stop procreating!
Astonishing that people like you still exist. You do not belong in a civilised society.

But she is correct!

You should first make sure you can provide for the child which mean all costs and if not then you shouldn’t be reproducing!
Well accidents do happen. That is why 90% of posters on this board are here. What do folk do then ? Abortion ?
We should all pay because we all eventually benefit. Thats society, thats community.

Well we have Obamacare.

Yes you are supposed to pay. What a ridiculous argument you are attempting to make.

Yeah they gave us obamacare. He is the problem.

But she is correct!

Well accidents do happen. That is why 90% of posters on this board are here. What do folk do then ? Abortion ?
We should all pay because we all eventually benefit. Thats society, thats community.
As usual you ignore everything you don't like.
Anyone saying they still haven't paid bills from 12 years ago is either full of shit, or a bum that probably has all kinds of bills they never paid.
Like I said - 100% of low income babies are born free of charge. The parents pay nothing.
Others only pay a portion, depending on their income.

Hospitals are expensive nowadays.

My parents were born at home, there is no reason why those who object to the cost can't do the same.
"Hospitals" in The Great Satan Inc,Nlc (nlc---no liabilities corp) are centers for Jewish mafiosos.
A girl here can go to a private(capitalist) facility and get an emergency C-sect, stay 3 days and be driven home for about $450-$600 US pesos. The people there will call daily and see if everything is OK.

And another thing... you can thank Obama for sky rocketing out-of-pocket costs after the abomination ACA act was past. Deductibles have risen faster than Tesla rockets.

Look what happened after Obamacare........

costs.png

Should have had health insurance

we dont have to afford it. We dont have to afford anything we do. The duopoly will take care of that. Responsibility is a thing of the past!
Go Murica!

True. We are 30 trillion in debt and look at the teeth gnashing over raising taxes to address that.
Many people just dont more of the fruits of their labor stolen for waste, corruption and other countries. Which is understandable.

We are discussing the cost of having a child.

But she is correct!

So if you get pregnant, abort?

Go Murica!

You brought up raising taxes to pay down debt.

Go Murica!

You brought up raising taxes to pay down debt.

Agreeing with the point that people don't want to pay for things.

A friend of mine and her husband had to declare bankruptcy because of the cost of the birth of their first child.

It was the 1980s when there were no jobs. Her husband found one but she was pregnant before he got the job so the insurance company labeled it "preexisting condition" and didn't pay a penny.

They tried to pay it all off but it was just too much so they declared bankruptcy.
Were no jobs? Where the heck did you live? The 80's were an awesome time to work.

A friend of mine and her husband had to declare bankruptcy because of the cost of the birth of their first child.

It was the 1980s when there were no jobs. Her husband found one but she was pregnant before he got the job so the insurance company labeled it "preexisting condition" and didn't pay a penny.

They tried to pay it all off but it was just too much so they declared bankruptcy.
Were no jobs? Where the heck did you live? The 80's were an awesome time to work.
The 80's were a great decade to make money. Even the early 90's were really good.

I built my business in the late 80's and it was very lucrative.

The 80's were a great decade to make money. Even the early 90's were really good.

Maybe he/she meant the first few years when we were recovering from the Carter doldrums and before the IT boom took off, but yeah, the rest of the decade was great.

OMG - I miss the mid80s - 90s..... it was nothing for us to pull in 40% margins. Industry average back then was over 30%. Today - you are lucky if you clear 15% pre-tax!

New Topics

Forum List

Back