Parents opt not to separate siamese twins

Noomi, in the video it says doctors have told them they could lose one OR BOTH of the twins if they try to separate them. There is nothing about a healthy twin versus an unhealthy twin and that surgery would be successful in saving the "healthy" twin. I'm sorry, but you kind of just made that up.

BOTH of these twins will be jeopardized by the surgery.

Both of the twins will die without surgery as their one heart cannot sustain the two of them for the rest of their lives. Either way, these babies will spend a very short time on earth.

Yes, getting married is possible.

And what if one twin wants to go to sleep but the married twin wants to have sex? Can one twin accuse the other twin of rape?

People are happy to just let them do their own thing, has anyone even considered the possible implications that could arise from this?

Siamese twins have married before. What they do and how they do it isn't any of our business. You're being really dense about this.

Noomi, in the video it says doctors have told them they could lose one OR BOTH of the twins if they try to separate them. There is nothing about a healthy twin versus an unhealthy twin and that surgery would be successful in saving the "healthy" twin. I'm sorry, but you kind of just made that up.

Both of the twins will die without surgery as their one heart cannot sustain the two of them for the rest of their lives. Either way, these babies will spend a very short time on earth.

And what if one twin wants to go to sleep but the married twin wants to have sex? Can one twin accuse the other twin of rape?

People are happy to just let them do their own thing, has anyone even considered the possible implications that could arise from this?

Siamese twins have married before. What they do and how they do it isn't any of our business. You're being really dense about this.
I wouldn't call it dense when she probably has not had any personal experience with a set of Siamese twins before. I know that I have not had any which is why I asked certain questions earlier in this chat.

God bless you and her always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Speaking of questions, I have another one. Why are two drivers licenses needed when it will always be the same body sitting in the driver seat?

Last edited:
I find it interesting that this whole discussion for progressives is rooted in when/where/how and with whom will these twins have sex.

As if sex is the only purpose of life.

P.S. Speaking of questions, I have another one. Why are two drivers licenses needed when it will always be the same body sitting in the driver seat?

Because one twin controls one side of the body and the other twin controls the other. One twin controls the brakes, the other the accelerator. Recipe for disaster if you ask me.

Wow. You truly are the most clueless person.

You have no idea who controls what.

I find it interesting that this whole discussion for progressives is rooted in when/where/how and with whom will these twins have sex.

As if sex is the only purpose of life.
Amen to this. Its pretty much all that is ever talked about on TV anymore as if there is nothing else to say anything about. :( :( :(

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Since it has been brought up though, I honestly can't see how anyone would be able to do it with those who are in this position. I'm sorry if saying this makes me look bad, but I would not be able to do it. Being friends with them is the furthest that I could go.

Last edited:

And what if one twin wants to go to sleep but the married twin wants to have sex? Can one twin accuse the other twin of rape? People are happy to just let them do their own thing, has anyone even considered the possible implications that could arise from this?

Noomi, did you read the link I posted about Chang and Eng Bunker? If those conjoined twins could manage to marry sisters and work things out in 1843, for crying out loud, I would think that in our enlightened times now that conjoined twins would find it much easier to work things out and be accepted.

Here's what the Bunkers did, as far as the sex and other living arrangements:

...they shared a bed built for four. Chang and his wife had 10 children; Eng and his wife had 11. In time, the wives squabbled[7] and eventually two separate households were set up just west of Mount Airy, North Carolina in the community of White Plains – the twins would alternate spending three days at each home.
See...they worked it out. It IS possible.

Last edited:
Noomi, do you have anything to substantiate your claim that one heart cannot sustain these two?

You seem to know a lot about it...how long would they be expected to live, then? Because their lives might be short you think it's warranted to do a very risky surgery where the odds are that both will die?

And what if one twin wants to go to sleep but the married twin wants to have sex? Can one twin accuse the other twin of rape? People are happy to just let them do their own thing, has anyone even considered the possible implications that could arise from this?

Noomi, did you read the link I posted about Chang and Eng Bunker? If those conjoined twins could manage to marry sisters and work things out in 1843, for crying out loud, I would think that in our enlightened times now that conjoined twins would find it much easier to work things out and be accepted.

Here's what the Bunkers did, as far as the sex and other living arrangements:

...they shared a bed built for four. Chang and his wife had 10 children; Eng and his wife had 11. In time, the wives squabbled[7] and eventually two separate households were set up just west of Mount Airy, North Carolina in the community of White Plains – the twins would alternate spending three days at each home.
See...they worked it out. It IS possible.

It does depend on where they are connected and the organs they have. Did Chang and Eng share a heart? Probably not. Survival depends on where they are attached and what organs they have to survive on.

Noomi, do you have anything to substantiate your claim that one heart cannot sustain these two?

You seem to know a lot about it...how long would they be expected to live, then? Because their lives might be short you think it's warranted to do a very risky surgery where the odds are that both will die?

That's the problem. The odds are that doing the separation surgery will result in both dying. I've see on TV that kind of event:the separation of conjoined twins, the doctors recommending surgery that is very risky, and, in the end, both twins dying.

Forum List

Back