Parents Question Choice To Sing 'Allahu Akbar' At Holiday Concert...

Damn right. Don't try to co-opt Jews.

You guys spent 1940 years treating us like shit if not outright murdering us, and just because FDR was picking fights with the fundamentalists, 50 years later the same fucking group of people who sat rapt at their radios listening to "Father" Coughlin are now listening to Rush Limbaugh and claiming to speak for Jews. "Judeo-Christian", my ass.

Calm down for a second.

You are losing the plot completely.

Nobody is attacking Judaism, but we are referring to the Western culture which in a religious context is called Judeo-Christian as opposed to Islam.

Another topic completely is the one you are talking about, which refers to worldwide rampant antisemitism.

Lets keep on topic.

:lol:

I don't think you're understand what I'm talking about, at all.

I'm talking about how the term "Judeo-Christian" is just some bullshit Christians say in an attempt to co-opt Judaism into all your weird political shit.

We don't want to be associated with you. You guys are Christian, we're Jewish. There's a reason you guys split off 2000 years ago, and we haven't missed you. In fact, it's insulting - particularly when you say shit like "Judeo-Christian songs". When you say that, you mean Christian songs.
I don't think you can talk for all Jews. So stop it.

I can speak for more Jews than you guys can.
No, you were speaking for all Jews and you cannot do that. I know a great many Jews and they certainly don't think the way you do. They use the term Judeo Christian, they appreciate Juseao Christian heritage and have no problem with it whatsoever. So please don't misrepresent Jews whilst peddling your hatred of Christianity.

I'm sorry, but I just don't believe you. I have never heard a Jew utter the words "Judeo-Christian" other than in a mocking context before, and I'm confident that I've met a whole lot more Jews than you have.

Damn right. Don't try to co-opt Jews.

You guys spent 1940 years treating us like shit if not outright murdering us, and just because FDR was picking fights with the fundamentalists, 50 years later the same fucking group of people who sat rapt at their radios listening to "Father" Coughlin are now listening to Rush Limbaugh and claiming to speak for Jews. "Judeo-Christian", my ass.

Calm down for a second.

Nobody is attacking Judaism, but we are referring to the Western culture which in a religious context is called Judeo-Christian as opposed to Islam.

Another topic completely is the one you are talking about, which refers to worldwide rampant antisemitism.

Lets keep on topic.

I'm talking about how the term "Judeo-Christian" is just some bullshit Christians say in an attempt to co-opt Judaism into all your weird political shit.

We don't want to be associated with you. You guys are Christian, we're Jewish. There's a reason you guys split off 2000 years ago, and we haven't missed you. In fact, it's insulting - particularly when you say shit like "Judeo-Christian songs". When you say that, you mean Christian songs.

No, you were speaking for all Jews and you cannot do that. I know a great many Jews and they certainly don't think the way you do. They use the term Judeo Christian, they appreciate Juseao Christian heritage and have no problem with it whatsoever. So please don't misrepresent Jews whilst peddling your hatred of Christianity.

There's no such thing as "Judeo-Christian" heritage.

The phrase "Judeo-Christian" has only existed for 50 or so years.

If I were a parent with school age kids...they would be home schooled. No ands ifs or buts about it.

Calm down for a second.

Lets keep on topic.

I'm sorry, but I just don't believe you. I have never heard a Jew utter the words "Judeo-Christian" other than in a mocking context before, and I'm confident that I've met a whole lot more Jews than you have.
Well I don't believe you are Jewish then. What a sensible way to conduct a discussion, but fine, have it your way. Fake Jewish person.

Calm down for a second.

Lets keep on topic.

So what? It is in use now, fake Jewish person.

The term Judeo-Christian as used by right wing fundamentalists is an attempt to express the idea that freedom of religion as granted by the Constitution only applies to the two "true" American religions, Christianity (including offshoots Mormonism and Jehovahs Witness) and Judaism. For those are the two religions they say our values and constitution are based on. And therefore, they intend to build up to a time where they can claim that no other religion is protected by the First Amendment because to the founders, religion meant only Judeo Christian religion.

Therefore, the fundie dream is some day banning Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Paganism, and especially Atheism and Agnosticism from America.

So what? It is in use now, fake Jewish person.

I don't care if you think I'm a "fake" Jew either, clown.

70 years ago, Christians in this country were almost universally anti-semitic.

Tell me more about this "Judeo-Christian heritage" you speak of.

Well I don't believe you are Jewish then. What a sensible way to conduct a discussion, but fine, have it your way. Fake Jewish person.

I'm guessing you live in middle America somewhere. Am I correct?

Doc called me a goyim once. I had to google it. Why did he call me a goyim? Cuz I have a habit of saying oy. Not oy vey. Just oy. I guess it pissed him off. And he doesn't much like me anyway...nor anyone else that I can see. So..I just avoid him. He's not very nice.

You speak for all Jews and you make ignorant assumption after ignorant assumption. Eedjit.

You speak for all Jews and you make ignorant assumption after ignorant assumption. Eedjit.
No he does not speak for all jews. He is just one angry pissed off rude jew that hates all goyims.

1. The latter is also its meaning in Yiddish. It is also used to refer to individuals from non-Jewish religious or ethnic groups; when used in this way in English, it occasionally has pejorative connotations. However, many people do not see the term "goy" as any more or less offensivethan the term "gentile".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goy
    Goy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Calm down for a second.

Lets keep on topic.

I can believe that.....popping up close to the time they wanted to add "under god" to the Pledge.

If you look very closely, you'll see that I didn't make any "assumptions" - I made a guess, and asked for confirmation.

I notice you didn't answer me, though.

You didn't lie when you said ya can't sing Christian carols? Did you not read your own link, then? Those are the only two options.
As I explained I wasn't just talking about what was in the link...can't YOU read? oh wait, you CAN but doing so doesn't help push your agenda...

You're the one that was actually pushing the agenda and no one else.

If you do not want your child using a Muslim phrase in school then that is your right as a parent and I support you to have that right, but you can not exclude Muslim children from the activities at a school they are attending.

Personally I have no issue with Islam, Christianity, or Judaism but my issue is with those like you that twist a news story to fit his agenda of lying, and distorting what was really going on.

Now have a Happy Honda Days from your Corporate Overlords to You!

If you look very closely, you'll see that I didn't make any "assumptions" - I made a guess, and asked for confirmation.

I've told you before where I'm from, when you informed me that you viewed all Americans as too dumb and emotional to be allowed to vote in referenda. Now, since you're such an aggressive psycho nut job, I will not be telling you again :)

Yeah? A guess that all goyims are beneath you or something?

We don't want to be associated with you. You guys are Christian, we're Jewish. There's a reason you guys split off 2000 years ago, and we haven't missed you.

No he does not speak for all jews. He is just one angry pissed off rude jew that hates all goyims.

1. The latter is also its meaning in Yiddish. It is also used to refer to individuals from non-Jewish religious or ethnic groups; when used in this way in English, it occasionally has pejorative connotations. However, many people do not see the term "goy" as any more or less offensivethan the term "gentile".

Goy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know how much you need to feel persecuted Gracie, but I don't hate goyim at all. Many of my friends are goyim, in fact at this point, I think most of them are. There just aren't many Jews in California. My better half is ultra-goy - she's Catholic.

My disdain for Christians who attempt to co-opt Judaism into their political nonsense is not based on the fact that they're Christians.

Oh, I will never feel persecuted by you. You're just a sad excuse for a Jew that hates goyims and it shows in every post. Which, by the way, is a pretty cheesey thing to say. Kinda like "I'm not racist. My best friend is black".

Forum List

Back