🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Paris climate agreement: Wall Street & FTSE stocks hit RECORD high after Trump drops deal

RightyTi17420248 said:
This entire thread is one big "Replace whale oil in lamps? Never happen. Only whale oil will give us the light we need".

I'm off to the blacksmith on old Paint, Ma. Back in two days.
When did the government subsidize the drilling of oil?
And that matters why, exactly? NASA? Nah, let them send a man to the moon only if it makes a profit (next quarter).

"As of July 2014, Oil Change International estimates United States fossil fuel subsidies at $37.5 billion annually, including $21 billion in production and exploration subsidies. Other credible estimates of annual United States fossil fuel subsidies range from $10 billion to $52 billion annually – yet none of these include costs borne by taxpayers related to the climate, local environmental, and health impacts of the fossil fuel industry. "
Fossil Fuel Subsidies & Finance - Oil Change International

And have you heard of - Ethanol?

Your a child why are we using food for energy?
Why are you using food (not food waste) for energy when you can get it free from that big yellow thing in the sky? Search me - you people are fucking stupid and like the pay the power companies I guess.

Your ilk is the kind who support Ethanol subsidies.
Ah, no. That's going nowhere. And I don't support them for oil and gas either.

This entire thread is one big "Replace whale oil in lamps? Never happen. Only whale oil will give us the light we need".

I'm off to the blacksmith on old Paint, Ma. Back in two days.
And that matters why, exactly? NASA? Nah, let them send a man to the moon only if it makes a profit (next quarter).

"As of July 2014, Oil Change International estimates United States fossil fuel subsidies at $37.5 billion annually, including $21 billion in production and exploration subsidies. Other credible estimates of annual United States fossil fuel subsidies range from $10 billion to $52 billion annually – yet none of these include costs borne by taxpayers related to the climate, local environmental, and health impacts of the fossil fuel industry. "

"Since its creation of the domestic market for corn ethanol after the energy crisis of the 1970s, the federal government has nurtured and maintained the ethanol industry with a steady stream of subsidies.
Ethanol%20image.jpg
Originally sold as a way to achieve energy independence and reduce greenhouse gas emissions, ethanol has been a favorite of many lawmakers: ethanol producers have received favorable treatment under the tax code, tariff protection from foreign competition, and even a government mandate for its use. As a result, taxpayers have spent billions of dollars over the last 30 years subsidizing the production of corn ethanol, while at the same time creating unintended costs for consumers and the environment."
Federal Subsidies for Corn Ethanol and Other Corn-Based Biofuels | Taxpayers for Common Sense

But no, no, no,. we can't subsidies Solar or Wind (or anything else that doesn't pollute the environment - that would be wrong).

Of course, we know you're posting leftist propaganda. Genuine subsidies are nowhere near what your article claims. Furthermore, you're talking about subsidies now, not subsidies to get the industry going. it received none. In fact, almost no American industries received subsidies of any kind to get started. If the consumers want something, no subsidies are required because they will pay whatever it takes to get it.

Ethanol is a scam perpetrated by environmental wackos like you, so I fail to understand what it has to do with subsidies to the oil business. Yes, it requires subsidies, because no one would buy it otherwise. That's the whole point. The entire "green energy" industry would collapse tomorrow without government subsidies.

I've responded to this bullshit argument at least 1000 times, and it never changes. Turds like you never learn anything. You keep posting the same lies over and over.
Keep reading (my little ignorant friend).

Why would I read your propaganda? It doesn't even support your claims.
You didn't read it because you don't want to admit that you are - dead wrong.

RightyTi17420248 said:

Why are you using food (not food waste) for energy when you can get it free from that big yellow thing in the sky? Search me - you people are fucking stupid and like the pay the power companies I guess.

Ethanol subsidies were created at the request of environmentalists, moron. Ethanol is an environmental disaster. Yet, they can't be defeated in Congress.

RightyTi17420248 said:

Ethanol subsidies were created at the request of environmentalists, moron. Ethanol is an environmental disaster. Yet, they can't be defeated in Congress.
Americans love their corn. And hey, just look at that, you found (yet another) industry that the Federal government subsidies. Good for you.

"Since its creation of the domestic market for corn ethanol after the energy crisis of the 1970s, the federal government has nurtured and maintained the ethanol industry with a steady stream of subsidies.
Ethanol%20image.jpg
Originally sold as a way to achieve energy independence and reduce greenhouse gas emissions, ethanol has been a favorite of many lawmakers: ethanol producers have received favorable treatment under the tax code, tariff protection from foreign competition, and even a government mandate for its use. As a result, taxpayers have spent billions of dollars over the last 30 years subsidizing the production of corn ethanol, while at the same time creating unintended costs for consumers and the environment."
Federal Subsidies for Corn Ethanol and Other Corn-Based Biofuels | Taxpayers for Common Sense

But no, no, no,. we can't subsidies Solar or Wind (or anything else that doesn't pollute the environment - that would be wrong).

Of course, we know you're posting leftist propaganda. Genuine subsidies are nowhere near what your article claims. Furthermore, you're talking about subsidies now, not subsidies to get the industry going. it received none. In fact, almost no American industries received subsidies of any kind to get started. If the consumers want something, no subsidies are required because they will pay whatever it takes to get it.

Ethanol is a scam perpetrated by environmental wackos like you, so I fail to understand what it has to do with subsidies to the oil business. Yes, it requires subsidies, because no one would buy it otherwise. That's the whole point. The entire "green energy" industry would collapse tomorrow without government subsidies.

I've responded to this bullshit argument at least 1000 times, and it never changes. Turds like you never learn anything. You keep posting the same lies over and over.

I've read all that shit before. For example, the "oil depletion allowance." That was implemented in 1926. The oil industry began in the 1860s. By 1926 it was a giant industry. The oil depletion allowance is a typical example of a mature industry using its cash to get goodies from the government. That isn't a good example to use for justifying so-called "green energy" subsidies. It's an example of corruption. It did nothing to advance the oil industry. It merely line the pockets of some fat cats.

hedge fund mgrs were buying blocks of enviro stocks and SHORTING them.

Americans love their corn. And hey, just look at that, you found (yet another) industry that the Federal government subsidies. Good for you.

Yes, I found another example of corrupt collusion between politicians and industry fat cats. That's what you're promoting, dumbshit.

Yup..

The president faced a backlash after confirming that he would reverse his Barack Obama's decision to join the pact to cut emissions.

But stock markets appeared to brush off the news.

The S&P yesterday hit a fresh record highs, while the Dow Jones surged by 0.65 per cent.

Today Britain's FTSE 100 followed the lead to reach to new top levels of 7,598.

US stock markets were helped by a fresh round of positive economic data, with the latest jobs numbers coming in far higher than expected.

The stock market correlates with the average guy's (with a grain of common sense) experience.

Only the far left media is crying murder.

Yes, I found another example of corrupt collusion between politicians and industry fat cats. That's what you're promoting, dumbshit.
Ah, no. And since your "We never paid up for that" argument is dead as a door nail you might want to move along onto another debate topic (that you will also lose),.

Ah, no. And since your "We never paid up for that" argument is dead as a door nail you might want to move along onto another debate topic (that you will also lose),.
Meaning I nailed your ass to the wall, and now you want to take your ball and go home.

What's your point?

that you are an idiot and your dumbass question proves it.
How does it do that?

BTW, you don't "buy a stock and then short it." When you short a stock you borrow it. If the price goes down then you can return it at a lower price, thereby making a profit.

You're calling me a dumbass and you don't know the simplest things about the stock market.

Ethanol%20image.jpg

I've read all that shit before. For example, the "oil depletion allowance." That was implemented in 1926. The oil industry began in the 1860s. By 1926 it was a giant industry. The oil depletion allowance is a typical example of a mature industry using its cash to get goodies from the government. That isn't a good example to use for justifying so-called "green energy" subsidies. It's an example of corruption. It did nothing to advance the oil industry. It merely line the pockets of some fat cats.
Support for coal (tariffs on British coal - 1789) , support for oil, support for gas, support for nuclear, support for ethanol - you've fucked yourself on this one, Bripat.

Meaning I nailed your ass to the wall, and now you want to take your ball and go home.
Dude, get a reality. It's US history. You aren't going to win by denying it.

Support for coal (tariffs on British coal - late 1700's) , support for oil, support for gas, support for ethanol, you've fucked yourself on this one, Bripat.
"Support for coal," meaning more corrupt collusion between coal producers and politicians. What "support for gas" are you referring to? Ethnol subsidies are just more corruption, and they are extremely harmful to the environment.

Yeah, I sure "fucked myself." You just proved that subsidies are nothing but pure corruption and harmful to the environment.

So what's the justification for subsidizing so-called "green energy?"

Dude, get a reality. It's US history. You aren't going to win by denying it.

I'm not denying it. You are. Government subsidies to industry are just one endless litany of corruption and fraud.

What's your point?

that you are an idiot and your dumbass question proves it.
How does it do that?

BTW, you don't "buy a stock and then short it." When you short a stock you borrow it. If the price goes down then you can return it at a lower price, thereby making a profit.

You're calling me a dumbass and you don't know the simplest things about the stock market.

Short sellers can buy the borrowed shares and return them to the broker any time before they’re due. Returning the shares shields the short seller from any further price increases or decreases the stock may experience. Brokers borrow the shares for short sale transactions from custody banks and fund management companies that lend them as a revenue stream. Institutions that lend shares for short selling include JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management.

Yup..

The president faced a backlash after confirming that he would reverse his Barack Obama's decision to join the pact to cut emissions.

But stock markets appeared to brush off the news.

The S&P yesterday hit a fresh record highs, while the Dow Jones surged by 0.65 per cent.

Today Britain's FTSE 100 followed the lead to reach to new top levels of 7,598.

US stock markets were helped by a fresh round of positive economic data, with the latest jobs numbers coming in far higher than expected.
So you think a temporary positive economic surge is worth the potential inevitable end of the planet?
You would.
In that that vein....
Trump is suspending production of penicillin to help bring back Bubonic Plague. Gravediggers CEO applauds jobs move.

Forum List

Back