Parkland survivors speak up prior to March for our Lives

One question:

Why are they focusing on guns and gun control rather than school security?

It seems to me that they would get faster and better results were they to focus their energy and efforts on something everyone already agrees should be changed. Or is it that Mike Bloomberg's group, Everytown for Gun Safety, is driving the agenda?

Front page of MSN most don't even support this stupid march

upload_2018-3-22_14-59-55.png

Your trolling is monotonous
You keep saying that.......and that is the true definition of "monotonous".

Well ... It's good to see you pride yourself in being more obnoxious than relevant ... :thup:

And...now this is about me?

Well ... You were talking about yourself ... :dunno:
I was just being kind enough to congratulate you on your less than stellar rise to mediocrity.

Well ... It's good to see you pride yourself in being more obnoxious than relevant ... :thup:

I was just being kind enough to congratulate you on your less than stellar rise to mediocrity.

It's funny to watch how this has turned to being about me.....that's ok. I can take it....just like those wonderful kids can take the death threats etc. coming their way.

One question:

Why are they focusing on guns and gun control rather than school security?

It seems to me that they would get faster and better results were they to focus their energy and efforts on something everyone already agrees should be changed. Or is it that Mike Bloomberg's group, Everytown for Gun Safety, is driving the agenda?
Perhaps both?

it's funny to watch all the cons running scared from a bunch of kids with minds of their own

hey, maybe they were all born in kenya!

:rofl:
*yawn*

I'm so scared of those little idiots.

I just think it is funny how here we have a bunch of kids all trained to think exactly the same, and those supporting them are all imitating one another as well by claiming the group think is actually some sort of evidence they have a mind of their own.

The hive mind works in mysterious ways.
If what you say is true....all kids would feel the same. Are you asserting that every student in America is on board with this? (of course, it's a hive mind that objects to school shootings to the point of wanting them to end)
#130 is a typical conservative, afraid to think outside the box. #130 would make a excellent fascist policeman.

You do understand that these numbers you keep referencing are thread post count numbers, right?

In case you missed Dr Maddow last night, this is really worth watching. Poised and so incredibly articulate, with great synergy and vision, these kids are awesome. They also understand politics and know their movement involves time and baby steps. We've seen our resident NRA fans suggest that everyone will forget about them in a month and they won't make a bit of difference. Hide-n-watch my friends - they already have.

Emma Gonzalez, Jaclyn Corin, and Sarah Chadwick, students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas who have been thrust into activism against gun violence after a shooting tragedy at their school, talk with Rachel Maddow about whether legislators are doing enough to prevent future atrocities.

Shouldn't take more than 5 seconds to load if you have high speed connection:

Students press for change on guns ahead of March For Our Lives

How could one school produce so many leaders? Comprehensive old school public education such as existed in the 1950's. Excellent read at link below. Betsy DeVos would be smart to analyze their methodology, interview their teachers and come up with a model to roll out nationwide. But she won't, because she's unqualified, lazy, entitled and honestly doesn't give a rat's ass. She won't in short, because she ISN'T smart.

Why Are the Parkland Teens So Good at This? Their Public School Prepared Them For It.
What is she a Dr of...carpet munching? Good old Rick.

The chances of a child being shot in a school shooting (K-12) is about 1 in 53,925, or, .000001854427%... or, virtually zero. On the other hand, 13 teenagers die each day in texting while driving accidents.

And we have actually DONE something about texting and driving with national as well as statewide campaigns.

Selling AR's to lunatics?

Not so much

And yet they're still dying in droves on the highways. Motor vehicle accidents are the number one cause of death for teenagers in this country and a lot of that is due to texting and driving. Passing laws only does so much.

It's funny to watch how this has turned to being about me.....that's ok. I can take it....just like those wonderful kids can take the death threats etc. coming their way.

Hey ... If you want to talk about yourself ... Go right ahead.
If you are having any difficulty taking it ... You shouldn't be so hard on yourself.

Comparing yourself to the kids though ... That's just co-opting them to your self-indulgence ... Not like that is new for them.

it's funny to watch all the cons running scared from a bunch of kids with minds of their own

*yawn*

I just think it is funny how here we have a bunch of kids all trained to think exactly the same, and those supporting them are all imitating one another as well by claiming the group think is actually some sort of evidence they have a mind of their own.

If what you say is true....all kids would feel the same. Are you asserting that every student in America is on board with this? (of course, it's a hive mind that objects to school shootings to the point of wanting them to end)
#130 is a typical conservative, afraid to think outside the box. #130 would make a excellent fascist policeman.

You do understand that these numbers you keep referencing are thread post count numbers, right?

You are asking Bodecea to understand something?

You haven't known this one for very long, have you?

*yawn*

Actually I was addressing Badger2. He keeps referring to people by the count number of their posts rather than their usernames and for the life of me I can't figure out why.

The chances of a child being shot in a school shooting (K-12) is about 1 in 53,925, or, .000001854427%... or, virtually zero. On the other hand, 13 teenagers die each day in texting while driving accidents.

And we have actually DONE something about texting and driving with national as well as statewide campaigns.

Not so much

And yet they're still dying in droves on the highways. Motor vehicle accidents are the number one cause of death for teenagers in this country and a lot of that is due to texting and driving. Passing laws only does so much.

We're you aware that gun deaths were neck and neck with auto in US? And yes that does include suicide because it should. Were there not so many guns laying around so many households, impulse suicide would be greatly diminished.

guns-vs-car-deaths.jpg

In case you missed Dr Maddow last night, this is really worth watching. Poised and so incredibly articulate, with great synergy and vision, these kids are awesome. They also understand politics and know their movement involves time and baby steps. We've seen our resident NRA fans suggest that everyone will forget about them in a month and they won't make a bit of difference. Hide-n-watch my friends - they already have.

Emma Gonzalez, Jaclyn Corin, and Sarah Chadwick, students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas who have been thrust into activism against gun violence after a shooting tragedy at their school, talk with Rachel Maddow about whether legislators are doing enough to prevent future atrocities.

How could one school produce so many leaders? Comprehensive old school public education such as existed in the 1950's. Excellent read at link below. Betsy DeVos would be smart to analyze their methodology, interview their teachers and come up with a model to roll out nationwide. But she won't, because she's unqualified, lazy, entitled and honestly doesn't give a rat's ass. She won't in short, because she ISN'T smart.

Why Are the Parkland Teens So Good at This? Their Public School Prepared Them For It.

What are you a Dr of - Ignorance?

She earned a degree in public policy at Stanford in 1994.[20] At graduation, she was awarded the John Gardner Fellowship.[21] She was the recipient of a Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. She had also been awarded a Marshall Scholarship the same year but turned it down in favour of the Rhodes.[22] This made her the first openly gay or lesbian American to win an international Rhodes Scholarship.[23] In 2001, she earned a Doctor of Philosophy (DPhil) in politics at the University of Oxford.[24] Her thesis is titled HIV/AIDS and Health Care Reform in British and American Prisons, and her supervisor was Lucia Zedner.[25]

*yawn*

Love it....:clap:

What are you a Dr of - Ignorance?

She earned a degree in public policy at Stanford in 1994.[20] At graduation, she was awarded the John Gardner Fellowship.[21] She was the recipient of a Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. She had also been awarded a Marshall Scholarship the same year but turned it down in favour of the Rhodes.[22] This made her the first openly gay or lesbian American to win an international Rhodes Scholarship.[23] In 2001, she earned a Doctor of Philosophy (DPhil) in politics at the University of Oxford.[24] Her thesis is titled HIV/AIDS and Health Care Reform in British and American Prisons, and her supervisor was Lucia Zedner.[25]
They don't like smart, educated people.

Not so much

Yes...many people die in auto accidents. Thank you for that info.

Wow Dirty Democrats are exploiting naive kids for politics, that's sad.
Yeah...everyone knows that kids shouldn't be affected and angry over their school getting shot up.

When Muslims shot-up a Night Club and a Office Christmas Party the Democrats called people who complained about it "islamophobic".
So, can gun owners call the left wingers who complain about guns "gunophobic" because gun owners just want the ability to defend themselves from the Democratic Party's criminals and terrorist.

Forum List

Back