Parkland survivors speak up prior to March for our Lives

Production & Operations Mgmt. My capstone focused on aviation logistics. She owns a double headed dildo...bet.

Some sort of problem with Stanford Public Policy Graduates .. or is it more the lesbian thing?
I have no problem with individuals choosing their specific path in life. We all must do this to find true fulfillment. I do however have a problem with this surly notion that individuals who make individual choices, are somehow less evolved.
This is the 'vibe' which people such as Maddow and Olbermann, before her, 'give off'. It is the same one that all of the snarky comedian types convey. To the salt, the common man/woman, they simply represent persons in love with the smell of their own shit. They are facile, shallow, mouthpieces for a power structure.
Now, this is not relegated to the left. People such as M. Levin and B. O'Reilly are infected with the same noxious pomp. Given our culture and it's natural aversion to 'snobbery', I find the fact that they are able to support themselves as propagandists, shocking.
Left and right, they could all fall off of a cliff tomorrow and the world would be a better place for it. Maybe then, people would be forced to read to critically think through issues. Sadly, they would clamor for the next ass to fart in their face.

In case you missed Dr Maddow last night, this is really worth watching. Poised and so incredibly articulate, with great synergy and vision, these kids are awesome. They also understand politics and know their movement involves time and baby steps. We've seen our resident NRA fans suggest that everyone will forget about them in a month and they won't make a bit of difference. Hide-n-watch my friends - they already have.

Emma Gonzalez, Jaclyn Corin, and Sarah Chadwick, students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas who have been thrust into activism against gun violence after a shooting tragedy at their school, talk with Rachel Maddow about whether legislators are doing enough to prevent future atrocities.

Shouldn't take more than 5 seconds to load if you have high speed connection:

Students press for change on guns ahead of March For Our Lives

How could one school produce so many leaders? Comprehensive old school public education such as existed in the 1950's. Excellent read at link below. Betsy DeVos would be smart to analyze their methodology, interview their teachers and come up with a model to roll out nationwide. But she won't, because she's unqualified, lazy, entitled and honestly doesn't give a rat's ass. She won't in short, because she ISN'T smart.

Why Are the Parkland Teens So Good at This? Their Public School Prepared Them For It.

Figures a hack like you approves of indoctrination of kids via public schools....

indoctrinated? you mean by having some lowlife who should never have had a gun kill their friends and teachers and shoot at them?

quiet,

That lowlife was ignored by the very government that should have stopped him before he had the chance.

But somehow MY RKBA is the problem....

Fucking **** hack.

Figures a hack like you approves of indoctrination of kids via public schools....

And it figures that a hack like you ^ would hate an education that has taught these kids to think for themselves and turn into natural leaders.

It's quite impossible for them to think for themselves with nothing in those empty heads but regurgitated anti-American slop and garbage from their Facebook accounts.

they're smarter than any trumptroll on this board.

NRA hacks crack me up.

I will put my intellect and IQ against theirs and by extension yours any day of the week.

And it figures that a hack like you ^ would hate an education that has taught these kids to think for themselves and turn into natural leaders.

"Indoctrination"? You'd be all for their curriculum if they were indoctrinated with gun classes, bible study and a mandatory reading of Atlas Shrugged :)

So, what have they said that is not crap they were taught by their teachers or pop culture and simply regurgitated on command?

So, what have they said that is not crap they were taught by their teachers or pop culture and simply regurgitated on command?

Until you've been on the receiving end of AR-15 fire?

STFU

STFU

Bullshit. As Americans we can have an opinion on anything we want, and if we feel like it we can give maybe a bit more credence to certain opinions based on experience.

Appeal to emotion, you dime store hack-douche.

Progressive lemmings are just that, lemmings. no original thought and they gladly go over the cliff as long as everyone else is.

Meh - Don't lecture us about lemmings

lemmings-for-trump.jpg

STFU

As I expected, they have nothing new to say.

This is just the Left presenting a spokesman that they think they can claim is beyond challenge.

Fuck that shit.

STFU

This is just the Left presenting a spokesman that they think they can claim is beyond challenge.

Fuck that shit.

^^^That. They trot this Hogg character out and expect nobody to challenge him because he's a "kid".

Newsflash, you decide to put yourself out there expect blow back

And yet they're still dying in droves on the highways. Motor vehicle accidents are the number one cause of death for teenagers in this country and a lot of that is due to texting and driving. Passing laws only does so much.
Yes...many people die in auto accidents. Thank you for that info.

Yes, many people die by firearms. Thank you for that info.
Indeed they do. Glad to have been of help.

Thousands of people die in car accidents and it's "Oh well...". Thousands of people die by firearms and it's "WE MUST DO SOMETHING TO STOP THIS SLAUGHTER!! WE MUST BAN THE SCARY LOOKING GUN!!".

It's disingenuous at best and hypocritical at worst.
Gee....you're right. People die in car accidents and NOTHING is done.
We don't have air bags.
We don't have seat beats.
We don't have child car seats.
We don't have speed limits.
We don't have crash barriers.
We don't salt/sand roads.
We don't have medians with fences.
We don't put in stop signs/stop lights where accidents have happened (because it's 'oh well..')

In spite of all these safety features the number of highway fatalities equals or exceeds the number of firearm fatalities. Yet no one has ever suggested a ban on cars or cell phones.

We are talking about reducing human fatalities are we not? If so, why do firearm deaths garner all the attention if the numbers are the same?

STFU

Fuck that shit.

^^^That. They trot this Hogg character out and expect nobody to challenge him because he's a "kid".

They know they can't win an honest debate,

so they focus their energies on finding ways to silence their enemies.

STFU

Fuck that shit.

They know they can't win an honest debate,

so they focus their energies on finding ways to silence their enemies.

It is incredible that in one part of their brain, they can know that they cannot defend their positions honestly.

Yet, they can avoid the obvious conclusion from that they they are wrong.

Incredible.

Yes...many people die in auto accidents. Thank you for that info.

Yes, many people die by firearms. Thank you for that info.
Indeed they do. Glad to have been of help.

Thousands of people die in car accidents and it's "Oh well...". Thousands of people die by firearms and it's "WE MUST DO SOMETHING TO STOP THIS SLAUGHTER!! WE MUST BAN THE SCARY LOOKING GUN!!".

It's disingenuous at best and hypocritical at worst.
Gee....you're right. People die in car accidents and NOTHING is done.
We don't have air bags.
We don't have seat beats.
We don't have child car seats.
We don't have speed limits.
We don't have crash barriers.
We don't salt/sand roads.
We don't have medians with fences.
We don't put in stop signs/stop lights where accidents have happened (because it's 'oh well..')

And with that, Ghosty's argument goes *POOF* :lol:

I think not Dr. Lovie. First of all, I never suggested nothing was done about motor vehicle safety so this is a straw man. Secondly, even with all these safety features in place, can you explain to me why highway fatalities are still as high or higher than firearm deaths?

It is incredible that in one part of their brain, they can know that they cannot defend their positions honestly.

Yet, they can avoid the obvious conclusion from that they they are wrong.

Might wanna bone up on your communication skills prior to attempting debate with your betters in USMB :wink:

I think not Dr. Lovie. First of all, I never suggested nothing was done about motor vehicle safety so this is a straw man. Secondly, even with all these safety features in place, can you explain to me why highway fatalities are still as high or higher than firearm deaths?

Yer flailing there Ghosty -

In a similar manner that safety rules and regulations have been applied to motor vehicles, they can be applied to firearms without anyone grabbing your guns.

Deaths-per-million-miles-traveled-640x466.jpg

Yer flailing there Ghosty -

In a similar manner that safety rules and regulations have been applied to motor vehicles, they can be applied to firearms without anyone grabbing your guns.

Deaths-per-million-miles-traveled-640x466.jpg

Have I suggested that nothing was done about highway fatalities or that they haven't gone down?

These are straw men arguments that have nothing to do with what I'm talking about. You can show me all the graphs you want but the numbers are the same. Yet no one is up in arms about texting and driving among teenagers. We've never seen bills introduced to ban anything texting/driving related. We've never seen March For Our Lives type protests about texting and driving and we haven't seen this kind of national attention related to it.

These kids are killing themselves off much quicker with their own stupidity than any firearm could but they're all fired up about gun control. I'm sorry, but that just doesn't make much sense to me.

Forum List

Back