Parkland survivors speak up prior to March for our Lives

In case you missed Dr Maddow last night, this is really worth watching. Poised and so incredibly articulate, with great synergy and vision, these kids are awesome. They also understand politics and know their movement involves time and baby steps. We've seen our resident NRA fans suggest that everyone will forget about them in a month and they won't make a bit of difference. Hide-n-watch my friends - they already have.

Emma Gonzalez, Jaclyn Corin, and Sarah Chadwick, students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas who have been thrust into activism against gun violence after a shooting tragedy at their school, talk with Rachel Maddow about whether legislators are doing enough to prevent future atrocities.

Shouldn't take more than 5 seconds to load if you have high speed connection:

Students press for change on guns ahead of March For Our Lives

How could one school produce so many leaders? Comprehensive old school public education such as existed in the 1950's. Excellent read at link below. Betsy DeVos would be smart to analyze their methodology, interview their teachers and come up with a model to roll out nationwide. But she won't, because she's unqualified, lazy, entitled and honestly doesn't give a rat's ass. She won't in short, because she ISN'T smart.

Why Are the Parkland Teens So Good at This? Their Public School Prepared Them For It.

A colossal waste of time

-Geaux

The chances of a child being shot in a school shooting (K-12) is about 1 in 53,925, or, .000001854427%... or, virtually zero. On the other hand, 13 teenagers die each day in texting while driving accidents.

And we have actually DONE something about texting and driving with national as well as statewide campaigns.

Selling AR's to lunatics?

Not so much

And yet they're still dying in droves on the highways. Motor vehicle accidents are the number one cause of death for teenagers in this country and a lot of that is due to texting and driving. Passing laws only does so much.

We're you aware that gun deaths were neck and neck with auto in US? And yes that does include suicide because it should. Were there not so many guns laying around so many households, impulse suicide would be greatly diminished.

guns-vs-car-deaths.jpg

This may or may not be the case but that was not my point. The fact remains that, in spite of laws and awareness campaigns against texting and driving, motor vehicle accidents are still the number one cause of death for teenagers and the bulk of these are from texting and driving. Yet no one has ever suggested we ban cell phones or cars.

Also, it's ironic that you show me a graph that shows that firearm deaths and motor vehicle deaths are roughly the same as a justification for more gun control but say nothing of the slaughter taking place on the same scale on the highways.

The chances of a child being shot in a school shooting (K-12) is about 1 in 53,925, or, .000001854427%... or, virtually zero. On the other hand, 13 teenagers die each day in texting while driving accidents.

And we have actually DONE something about texting and driving with national as well as statewide campaigns.

Not so much

And yet they're still dying in droves on the highways. Motor vehicle accidents are the number one cause of death for teenagers in this country and a lot of that is due to texting and driving. Passing laws only does so much.
Yes...many people die in auto accidents. Thank you for that info.

Yes, many people die by firearms. Thank you for that info.

In case you missed Dr Maddow last night, this is really worth watching. Poised and so incredibly articulate, with great synergy and vision, these kids are awesome. They also understand politics and know their movement involves time and baby steps. We've seen our resident NRA fans suggest that everyone will forget about them in a month and they won't make a bit of difference. Hide-n-watch my friends - they already have.

Emma Gonzalez, Jaclyn Corin, and Sarah Chadwick, students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas who have been thrust into activism against gun violence after a shooting tragedy at their school, talk with Rachel Maddow about whether legislators are doing enough to prevent future atrocities.

How could one school produce so many leaders? Comprehensive old school public education such as existed in the 1950's. Excellent read at link below. Betsy DeVos would be smart to analyze their methodology, interview their teachers and come up with a model to roll out nationwide. But she won't, because she's unqualified, lazy, entitled and honestly doesn't give a rat's ass. She won't in short, because she ISN'T smart.

Why Are the Parkland Teens So Good at This? Their Public School Prepared Them For It.
What is she a Dr of...carpet munching? Good old Rick.

What are you a Dr of - Ignorance?

She earned a degree in public policy at Stanford in 1994.[20] At graduation, she was awarded the John Gardner Fellowship.[21] She was the recipient of a Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. She had also been awarded a Marshall Scholarship the same year but turned it down in favour of the Rhodes.[22] This made her the first openly gay or lesbian American to win an international Rhodes Scholarship.[23] In 2001, she earned a Doctor of Philosophy (DPhil) in politics at the University of Oxford.[24] Her thesis is titled HIV/AIDS and Health Care Reform in British and American Prisons, and her supervisor was Lucia Zedner.[25]

So Rick is a Dr of Philosophy huh? Wow...I'm impressed...No...I'm not actually.

Nope, I had to work. I have managed to eek out a measly MSc over these 20 odd years of full time labor. Either way, I am not impressed by titles. I am particularly unimpressed by the title 'Dr', if applied to a non-STEM field.
You show me an Engineer, Meteorologist, or Physician with the title and I am impressed. I can appreciate the level of work, research and data collection/eval required to achieve those titles.
Philosophy, I most certainly am not. What rigorous statistical data needs to be produced to defend a philosophy thesis? How does one even challenge a philosophy thesis? Defend? It's PHILOSOPHY Fuck outa here.

Not so much

Indeed they do. Glad to have been of help.

Not so much

Thousands of people die in car accidents and it's "Oh well...". Thousands of people die by firearms and it's "WE MUST DO SOMETHING TO STOP THIS SLAUGHTER!! WE MUST BAN THE SCARY LOOKING GUN!!".

It's disingenuous at best and hypocritical at worst.

Nope, I had to work. I have managed to eek out a measly MSc over these 20 odd years of full time labor. Either way, I am not impressed by titles. I am particularly unimpressed by the title 'Dr', if applied to a non-STEM field.
You show me an Engineer, Meteorologist, or Physician with the title and I am impressed. I can appreciate the level of work, research and data collection/eval required to achieve those titles.
Philosophy, I most certainly am not. What rigorous statistical data needs to be produced to defend a philosophy thesis? How does one even challenge a philosophy thesis? Defend? It's PHILOSOPHY Fuck outa here.

No, the Rhodes was prior to the doctorate degree.

She earned a degree in public policy at Stanford in 1994.[20] At graduation, she was awarded the John Gardner Fellowship.[21] She was the recipient of a Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. She had also been awarded a Marshall Scholarship the same year but turned it down in favour of the Rhodes.

You wouldn't likely to qualify as used chewing gum on the bottom of her shoe :)

Not so much

Thousands of people die in car accidents and it's "Oh well...". Thousands of people die by firearms and it's "WE MUST DO SOMETHING TO STOP THIS SLAUGHTER!! WE MUST BAN THE SCARY LOOKING GUN!!".

Gee....you're right. People die in car accidents and NOTHING is done.
We don't have air bags.
We don't have seat beats.
We don't have child car seats.
We don't have speed limits.
We don't have crash barriers.
We don't salt/sand roads.
We don't have medians with fences.
We don't put in stop signs/stop lights where accidents have happened (because it's 'oh well..')

Gee....you're right. People die in car accidents and NOTHING is done.
We don't have air bags.
We don't have seat beats.
We don't have child car seats.
We don't have speed limits.
We don't have crash barriers.
We don't salt/sand roads.
We don't have medians with fences.
We don't put in stop signs/stop lights where accidents have happened (because it's 'oh well..')

And with that, Ghosty's argument goes *POOF* :lol:

She earned a degree in public policy at Stanford in 1994.[20] At graduation, she was awarded the John Gardner Fellowship.[21] She was the recipient of a Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. She had also been awarded a Marshall Scholarship the same year but turned it down in favour of the Rhodes.

Correct, just like I worked a real job and eventually achieved my degrees after years of often hard, physical labor. People such as Rick produce nothing of real value, nor do they contribute anything to the world around them except inane blather.
The sad part is our equally miseducated and lazy society places them on a pedestal, as they serve as an easy substitute for critical thinking. This goes for pundits on both ends.
We have gone so far down the stupid slide that many people are getting their 'news' from snarky comedians.

Figures a hack like you approves of indoctrination of kids via public schools....

indoctrinated? you mean by having some lowlife who should never have had a gun kill their friends and teachers and shoot at them?

quiet,

Figures a hack like you approves of indoctrination of kids via public schools....

And it figures that a hack like you ^ would hate an education that has taught these kids to think for themselves and turn into natural leaders.

It's quite impossible for them to think for themselves with nothing in those empty heads but regurgitated anti-American slop and garbage from their Facebook accounts.

they're smarter than any trumptroll on this board.

NRA hacks crack me up.

Correct, just like I worked a real job and eventually achieved my degrees after years of often hard, physical labor. People such as Rick produce nothing of real value, nor do they contribute anything to the world around them except inane blather.
The sad part is our equally miseducated and lazy society places them on a pedestal, as they serve as an easy substitute for critical thinking. This goes for pundits on both ends.
We have gone so far down the stupid slide that many people are getting their 'news' from snarky comedians.

So what is your degree in Tinkle Von Stinkle?

She owns you :)

342d88323929f147b7df5b7b09ec3471b4709a467704e0d0d629909854f83f1a.jpg

And it figures that a hack like you ^ would hate an education that has taught these kids to think for themselves and turn into natural leaders.

It's quite impossible for them to think for themselves with nothing in those empty heads but regurgitated anti-American slop and garbage from their Facebook accounts.

they're smarter than any trumptroll on this board.

That you think so defines your level of intellect.

dude looks like a....well whatever

Production & Operations Mgmt. My capstone focused on aviation logistics. She owns a double headed dildo...bet.

NRATV on Twitter

"Take the millions going to this carnival of march & hire armed guards in schools all over this country. But then these kids would have to shrink from the spotlight..& the forces funding them would lose the opportunity to further an agenda" @MrColionNoir #AMarchForTheirLies #NRA
upload_2018-3-23_9-40-45.png

1. DY_BQGUUQAA1g13.jpg

1. AND THEY HAVE YOU SHEEP BELIEVING SAUL ALINKSY IS A CONSPIRACY LMFAO....

Forum List

Back