Passenger falls out of private airplane flying above Biscayne Bay

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Passenger falls out of private airplane flying above Biscayne Bay - NY Daily News

plane15n-2-web.jpg

A search effort is underway after a passenger fell out of a private airplane some 2,000 feet above Biscayne Bay off the Florida coast.

The pilot of the TA 46 Piper Malibu plane called in a mayday to report a door ajar and a passenger that had fallen out of the six-person plane, a U.S. Coast Guard spokesman said. The plane was traveling around 200 miles per hour when the passenger fell out of the aircraft.

article-plane-1114.jpg

To me, this is the stuff of nightmares.

But, its a nice plane.

I have a small child.
When we use a taxi, I always ask the driver to central lock the doors.

As for the man, 200mph forwards speed
Terminal velocity on a moment before impact so water may as well be a brick wall.

His chances are slim at best and, if his head was stoved in, who knows if it was the impact or a hammer?

I have a small child.
When we use a taxi, I always ask the driver to central lock the doors.

As for the man, 200mph forwards speed
Terminal velocity on a moment before impact so water may as well be a brick wall.

His chances are slim at best and, if his head was stoved in, who knows if it was the impact or a hammer?

Lets do the math! Any Physics buffs out there?

I am very scared of those lil planes..... very.... people get killed all the time.... just to fall its not so bad..was he killed? anyway..little planes are dangerous.

I am very scared of those lil planes..... very.... people get killed all the time.... just to fall its not so bad..was he killed? anyway..little planes are dangerous.

Little planes aren't anymore dangerous than big ones. The Cirrus Aircraft has a parachute! It's the pilots/training/experience which fall short of professional pilots.

That's a substantial hunk of aircraft. You should try flying a Cessna 150 on a cross-country flight!

No thanks! I prefer to fly above the storms than around them.

That's a substantial hunk of aircraft. You should try flying a Cessna 150 on a cross-country flight!

No thanks! I prefer to fly above the storms than around them.

Storms? :scared1:

My VFR license wouldn't let me near them. Or over them LOL.

nope. air scares me...I am more of a water person. :cool:

I will.
Obamacare has diverted government attention from improving locks on aircraft doors. :lol:
And maybe the guy was killed before he ever got on the plane by the Colombian's, then they stuffed his body full of coke and chucked him out of the plane to an awaiting speedboat for distribution in the country.

It's the new way their smuggling drugs into the country. If DEA is getting close to bringing you down, just chuck a body out the door and they have to convert their chase to a rescue mission.

Forum List

Back