Past Presidents Agree that Border is a Crisis

not the way you think. they make money available, that's it, they don't get to control how it is spent. so you're wrong.
Nope, you're wrong. :)

They have the power of appropriations as well.... look it up.

Our presidents were given the power via congressional legislation to manage the money that congress has allocated....for the specific legislation.

But in this case, our congressional 'representatives voted specifically to deny the President the funding the President requested.... they said NO.
previous money he can use. you just said so, so I'm correct. you even proved my point. thanks,

Our presidents were given the power via congressional legislation to manage the money
Manage the money they, the Congress has appropriated for each project they appropriated it for...

He can not go outside of what congress voted on...And appropriated PERIOD.

You'll see.... even the Supreme court will not support what the President has done.... imo.... most justices are constitutionalists on the conservatists side.....
um nope. he may reappropriate funds. sorry, just a fact.
I'm sure you can show me where the Constitution states such...

He can re-appropriate funds in a National Emergency, Hurricane victims need immediate money, FEMA needs more funds to give Firefighters to fight a roaring fire sweeping through neighborhoods etc.... are National Emergencies where immediate funds are needed and there is no time to have Congress, appropriate these immediately needed funds.

Congress, our Representatives, did not see this as a National Emergency or they would have funded it as one, in the bill they passed.

Truly, this is not a good precedent to set. It takes away every measure our founders put in to the constitution to make Congress an equal power of government to the Executive branch, and makes the congress, from this point forward, subservient to the Executive branch/the President....

AND THAT takes the power we citizens have in our representation, away.
Again what I said thanks

Nope, you're wrong. :)

They have the power of appropriations as well.... look it up.

Our presidents were given the power via congressional legislation to manage the money that congress has allocated....for the specific legislation.

But in this case, our congressional 'representatives voted specifically to deny the President the funding the President requested.... they said NO.
previous money he can use. you just said so, so I'm correct. you even proved my point. thanks,

Our presidents were given the power via congressional legislation to manage the money
Manage the money they, the Congress has appropriated for each project they appropriated it for...

You'll see.... even the Supreme court will not support what the President has done.... imo.... most justices are constitutionalists on the conservatists side.....

He can re-appropriate funds in a National Emergency, Hurricane victims need immediate money, FEMA needs more funds to give Firefighters to fight a roaring fire sweeping through neighborhoods etc.... are National Emergencies where immediate funds are needed and there is no time to have Congress, appropriate these immediately needed funds.

Congress, our Representatives, did not see this as a National Emergency or they would have funded it as one, in the bill they passed.

Truly, this is not a good precedent to set. It takes away every measure our founders put in to the constitution to make Congress an equal power of government to the Executive branch, and makes the congress, from this point forward, subservient to the Executive branch/the President....

Again what I said thanks
:rofl:

nope!

you were too lazy to post whatever it is, that you meant to say...

I, on the other hand, was thorough and precise! :p

Again what I said thanks
:rofl:

nope!

you were too lazy to post whatever it is, that you meant to say...

I, on the other hand, was thorough and precise! :p
And what you posted proved my statement

So every President we have had since Ronald Reagan was in office agreed that the border was a severe problem or crisis and promised to take action to fix it.

this problem has festered now since at least 1986 and liberals want to pitch a fit because Trump is actually trying to fix this problem?

This is the height of hypocrisy and corporate cronyism.

A Crisis At The Border? The Numbers Say Yes | Investor's Business Daily

In 1982, for example, President Ronald Reagan said that "The ongoing migration of persons to the United States in violation of our laws is a serious national problem detrimental to the interests of the United States."

President Bill Clinton said in his 1995 State of the Union address that "All Americans … are rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country." That's why, he said, "our administration has moved aggressively to secure our borders."

President George Bush, in a prime-time Oval Office speech in 2006, declared that securing the U.S. border is a basic responsibility of a sovereign nation. It is also an urgent requirement of our national security."

Bush also promised to end the practice of catch-and-release "once and for all." He said that "people will know that they'll be caught and sent home if they enter our country illegally."

President Barack Obama in 2005 declared that "we simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked." And in 2014 even he admitted there was a crisis on the border — one that he did virtually nothing to fix. (Apprehensions at the border last year were almost the same as in 2014.)

Yet despite repeated promises by presidents and Congress for the past three decades, the border remains nearly as porous as ever. And catch-and-release is still alive and well. Is it any wonder so many try to cross the border illegally every month?

Isn't the failure of leaders to do what they all say is necessary to protect national security interests the very definition of a crisis at the border?

Democrats, it seems, want to label everything a crisis. We have a health care crisis. A clean water crisis. A "food desert" crisis. An infrastructure crisis. A homelessness crisis.

Democrats label just about everything a crisis. Why? Because they want to whip up public support for bigger, more expensive, more intrusive government programs.

Everything, that is, except for the very real, long-standing crisis posed by a porous border that each year lets in tens of thousands of illegals.​
Obama also said that it was becoming a Humanitarian situation. I guess Pelosi forgot about that when she said that the crisis was manufactured.

So consider the following scenario:

It's 2021, and the newly-inaugurated Democratic President declares a NATIONAL EMERGENCY related to "climate change" and announces a series of Executive Orders (overturning multiple existing laws and regulations) intended to reduce the country's "carbon footprint."

Declaring a National emergency does not allow you to overturn or ignore laws as POTUS.

Additionally Congress can effectively end any such emergency with a two thirds majority over-riding a presumable POTUS veto.

As far as regulations go, it is the job of the President to enforce the regulations as he sess the government best able to do so, like Obama did with DACA.

Tweaking regulations to fit the Presidents priorities is part of his job.

Declaring emergencies where he thinks it appropriate is also his job.

Doing this is the POTUS using EXISTING LAW to accomplish a fix to the emergency.

In this case Trump is not breaking a single law, dude.

So every President we have had since Ronald Reagan was in office agreed that the border was a severe problem or crisis and promised to take action to fix it.

this problem has festered now since at least 1986 and liberals want to pitch a fit because Trump is actually trying to fix this problem?

In 1982, for example, President Ronald Reagan said that "The ongoing migration of persons to the United States in violation of our laws is a serious national problem detrimental to the interests of the United States."

President Bill Clinton said in his 1995 State of the Union address that "All Americans … are rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country." That's why, he said, "our administration has moved aggressively to secure our borders."

President George Bush, in a prime-time Oval Office speech in 2006, declared that securing the U.S. border is a basic responsibility of a sovereign nation. It is also an urgent requirement of our national security."

Bush also promised to end the practice of catch-and-release "once and for all." He said that "people will know that they'll be caught and sent home if they enter our country illegally."

President Barack Obama in 2005 declared that "we simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked." And in 2014 even he admitted there was a crisis on the border — one that he did virtually nothing to fix. (Apprehensions at the border last year were almost the same as in 2014.)

Yet despite repeated promises by presidents and Congress for the past three decades, the border remains nearly as porous as ever. And catch-and-release is still alive and well. Is it any wonder so many try to cross the border illegally every month?

Isn't the failure of leaders to do what they all say is necessary to protect national security interests the very definition of a crisis at the border?

Democrats, it seems, want to label everything a crisis. We have a health care crisis. A clean water crisis. A "food desert" crisis. An infrastructure crisis. A homelessness crisis.

Democrats label just about everything a crisis. Why? Because they want to whip up public support for bigger, more expensive, more intrusive government programs.

Everything, that is, except for the very real, long-standing crisis posed by a porous border that each year lets in tens of thousands of illegals.​
yet not a single quote do they say "crisis".

so who's labeling things a "Crisis" at this point regardless of what the past president said? if they called it a crisis, quote that. but don't quote something else and SELL it as them saying "crisis".

also - while the past presidents have said yes we need walls, none of them as far as i know wanted a SOLID wall. just put up where it made sense and use technology where that made sense. so i see the right say LOOK THEY WANT A WALL TOO but hey - not quite the same as trump wanting, last i checked, a long continuous wall.

in all the rhetoric and counter rhetoric has trump ever said he'll forgoe an entire wall and adopts the plans put forth before or are the past plans being sold/used as something they really weren't to garner attention?

so who's labeling things a "Crisis" at this point regardless of what the past president said? if they called it a crisis, quote that. but don't quote something else and SELL it as them saying "crisis".

also - while the past presidents have said yes we need walls, none of them as far as i know wanted a SOLID wall. just put up where it made sense and use technology where that made sense. so i see the right say LOOK THEY WANT A WALL TOO but hey - not quite the same as trump wanting, last i checked, a long continuous wall.

in all the rhetoric and counter rhetoric has trump ever said he'll forgoe an entire wall and adopts the plans put forth before or are the past plans being sold/used as something they really weren't to garner attention?
if you are a leader, do you listen to the people doing their job and providing them the tools to succeed? dude, I can't believe what I just read from you. And yes, previous presidents have called the border a crisis. Why are you behaving ignorantly? huh?

if you are a leader, do you listen to the people doing their job and providing them the tools to succeed? dude, I can't believe what I just read from you. And yes, previous presidents have called the border a crisis. Why are you behaving ignorantly? huh?
not what i said -

i said his headline says presidents have called it a crisis - yet none of his quotes use that word.

you're not hearing what you want and are going full extreme the OPPOSITE direction OF WHICH i've not said a thing about that.

not what i said -

i said his headline says presidents have called it a crisis - yet none of his quotes use that word.

you're not hearing what you want and are going full extreme the OPPOSITE direction OF WHICH i've not said a thing about that.
well, ok, perhaps they didn't use the words, but there actions treated as such. I believe obama said crisis.

but here,

"Past Presidents Promised To Fix This
Here's another problem with claims that we don't have a crisis at the border.

Past presidents all treated it like one.

What Is A Crisis?

Democrats label just about everything a crisis. "

not what i said -

well, ok, perhaps they didn't use the words, but there actions treated as such. I believe obama said crisis.

but here,

What Is A Crisis?

my entire point is that people over-react and don't really understand - just keep shouting things back and forth that simply don't mean as much because it's a broad brush.

kinda like you did hear.

you can't say PAST PRESIDENTS HAVE CALLED THIS A CRISIS is none of them have called it a "crisis".
you can't say THE DEMS SUPPORT THE WALL - when that is a vast overstatement of their previous plans.

we continue to push things to an extreme to where our words no longer matter because they all blur. opportunities for action will fade because we're not sure what anything means anymore.

our borders need to be protected and our immigration issues must be addressed.

a wall is one option. how much of a wall is a subset of that option. saying the dems wanted a wall in 2006 sounds good but they didn't want an entire borderlong wall - which mis-represents their point to me.

i'm simply tired of the screaming and shouting and hands up in the air routine.

not what i said -

but here,

What Is A Crisis?

my entire point is that people over-react and don't really understand - just keep shouting things back and forth that simply don't mean as much because it's a broad brush.

kinda like you did hear.

you can't say PAST PRESIDENTS HAVE CALLED THIS A CRISIS is none of them have called it a "crisis".
you can't say THE DEMS SUPPORT THE WALL - when that is a vast overstatement of their previous plans.

we continue to push things to an extreme to where our words no longer matter because they all blur. opportunities for action will fade because we're not sure what anything means anymore.

a wall is one option. how much of a wall is a subset of that option. saying the dems wanted a wall in 2006 sounds good but they didn't want an entire borderlong wall - which mis-represents their point to me.

did previous presidents receive funding for a wall from bipartisan congresses?

not what i said -

but here,

What Is A Crisis?

kinda like you did hear.

dunno. not going to follow along these rabbit trails either.

i'm simply talking about people misquoting others and wondering why their implications are not met well from the other side. both ways.

not what i said -

but here,

What Is A Crisis?

kinda like you did hear.

i'm simply talking about people misquoting others and wondering why their implications are not met well from the other side. both ways.
well I know that obammy did.

Media had no problem calling it a border 'crisis' in 2014 under Obama

"Both Democrats and most news media are yelling as often as they can that there is no border "crisis," even though they spent the last year telling everyone there was and even though they had no problem explicitly calling it a "crisis" in 2014, when the situation was the exact same as it is now.

"We now have an actual humanitarian crisis on the borer that only underscores the need to drop the politics and fix our immigration system once and for all," then-President Barack Obama said in the Rose Garden in 2014. "In recent weeks we've seen a surge of unaccompanied children arrive at the border, brought here and to other countries by smugglers and traffickers.""

notice the quoted piece that came from obammy's mouth. just saying. you sure are an asshat sometimes.

not what i said -

but here,

What Is A Crisis?

kinda like you did hear.

"Both Democrats and most news media are yelling as often as they can that there is no border "crisis," even though they spent the last year telling everyone there was and even though they had no problem explicitly calling it a "crisis" in 2014, when the situation was the exact same as it is now.

"We now have an actual humanitarian crisis on the borer that only underscores the need to drop the politics and fix our immigration system once and for all," then-President Barack Obama said in the Rose Garden in 2014. "In recent weeks we've seen a surge of unaccompanied children arrive at the border, brought here and to other countries by smugglers and traffickers.""

notice the quoted piece that came from obammy's mouth. just saying. you sure are an asshat sometimes.
oh i fully agree some in the past *HAVE* called it a crisis.

i just called out the OP because his headline says THEY CALLED IT A CRISIS and didn't use one quote that did.

but here,

What Is A Crisis?

kinda like you did hear.

i just called out the OP because his headline says THEY CALLED IT A CRISIS and didn't use one quote that did.
that's just being an ass when you know there was. All you had to do was ask for a link. And look, I have. And guess what, I have confirmed what he said. so apologize to the OP. you were just an ass.

kinda like you did hear.

that's just being an ass when you know there was. All you had to do was ask for a link. And look, I have. And guess what, I have confirmed what he said. so apologize to the OP. you were just an ass.
um...
no.

you post your way, i'll post mine.

um...
no.

be an ass, I give two shits. too fking funny

um...
no.

be an ass, I give two shits. too fking funny
you've been "shitting" for the last several replies.

have a nice day.

not what i said -

but here,

What Is A Crisis?

kinda like you did hear.

here's more from another dem in 2009

Forum List

Back