Pastors Protecting Youth

Only if one is intolerant of quackery in medicine.[/QUOTE
Nice non sequitur.
Their views are their views and as long as they dont try and oppress me with them I am not personally bothered.

However the backward nature of their views make them increasingly isolated in the modern world. We should offer some help to them.
You are the oppressor when you are in favor of banning views. If your yardstick for tolerance is whether you are personally bothered, you are not modern, just a tyrant.
Where have I oppressed them ? I think they should be offered help in order to live a proper life.
Let's see, you are in favor of offering help, as long as they don't seek therapy to change.

I would offer therapy. What that would look like I dont know.I am not an expert in these things.

Maybe invite Pastors in from more enlightened churches to teach them that love, tolerance and acceptance are Christian values and that hate isnt.

Perhaps introduce them to gay Christians to break down the mystique.

I think it would be a big ask but we cant let these people wallow in their own hate. That isnt healthy for them or society.

What would you suggest ?
I suggest letting them decide for themselves. It isn't any of my business- or yours.
Follow what you preach.

[No Buttercup. I'm not being vain. I'm pointing out what you and Tommy are ignoring. In case you forgot, the article is about therapy that has been banned. You may not agree with the view behind the therapy- no big deal- but to believe it should be kept banned is wrong. Banning the therapy takes that option away from those who may want to choose it. That is oppression. That's what I said initially. That is not vain. It is simple truth.
You are one of the more vain posters on the Board.

You believe many things should be banned, so why not a therapy that hurts its patients. That is oppression, to keep a harmful therapy. That is the truth.
Produce proof that I am in favor of banning anything. You cannot.

You are the oppressor when you are in favor of banning views. If your yardstick for tolerance is whether you are personally bothered, you are not modern, just a tyrant.
Where have I oppressed them ? I think they should be offered help in order to live a proper life.
Let's see, you are in favor of offering help, as long as they don't seek therapy to change.

I would offer therapy. What that would look like I dont know.I am not an expert in these things.

Maybe invite Pastors in from more enlightened churches to teach them that love, tolerance and acceptance are Christian values and that hate isnt.

Perhaps introduce them to gay Christians to break down the mystique.

I think it would be a big ask but we cant let these people wallow in their own hate. That isnt healthy for them or society.

What would you suggest ?
I suggest letting them decide for themselves. It isn't any of my business- or yours.
Follow what you preach.
I am following what I preach, Troll.

Pastors who believe gay kids can be ‘cured’ sue state over law banning ‘conversion’ therapy

I shit you not.

Although it sounds like Orwell speak its just another whacko religious group punting a gay cure.

As Society evolves there are inevitably those who get left behind.

Is there a cure or "therapy" that will help these characters renounce their hate filled lives and join us on the sunlit uplands of Planet Civilised ?

I guess, unlike the homophobes, they truly asked themselves WWJD.

Pastors who believe gay kids can be ‘cured’ sue state over law banning ‘conversion’ therapy

I shit you not.

Although it sounds like Orwell speak its just another whacko religious group punting a gay cure.

As Society evolves there are inevitably those who get left behind.

Is there a cure or "therapy" that will help these characters renounce their hate filled lives and join us on the sunlit uplands of Planet Civilised ?

what would muslims do with gays tommy?
What do muslims have to do with the topic of this thread? We know that SOME muslims would try to kill gays....and non-muslims.....we get that. Does that, in your head, somehow excuse what some backwards, inbred christers want?

Forum List

Back