🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Patti Davis: My father, Ronald Reagan, would never have stood for this

No - I was a Reagan Democrat. I am now an Independent and didn't vote for Hillary.

So what turned you on to Marxism between Reagan and now?

I'm not a Marxist - Any more questions or dumb assumptions Trumpling?

Gotcha. You're not an actual Marxist, you just play one on message boards

We should take a poll. How many USMB members who constantly spew leftist crap are not really Democrats. :21::21:

Trumplings such as yourself are NOT "conservatives". Embrace it.

Getting called not a real conservative by a Marxist. I'd say that hurts, but wow, it doesn't ...

No - I was a Reagan Democrat. I am now an Independent and didn't vote for Hillary.

We should take a poll. How many USMB members who constantly spew leftist crap are not really Democrats. :21::21:
me
42% of American voters are Independents

You obviously pull the blue lever. You're making his point, not contradicting it

me

Correct - And only 26% are Republicans. And Donald is rapidly killing what was left.

"There is no Republican Party - There is a Trump Party" -John Boehner

me

You obviously pull the blue lever. You're making his point, not contradicting it

I wouldn't say that's obvious in the slightest. Offhand, don't think OL voted for Hillary but could be wrong.
She's very much a true moderate .. one of the smartest posters in USMB.

Thankfully the party is dying a slow death before our eyes.

Yep.......that's what I've been hearing.......for the last 30 years or so.

Well then you've been hearing wrong. The death is being hastened .. every day in every way.
My suggestion would be to embrace your White Nationalist nature and come up with a new party.
Leave true conservatives and what is left of the R Party the hell alone.

me

And most of those 42% often take the liberal side of things.

And yet, he is just as effective. Perhaps more so. Time will tell.

Nonsense - Donald Trump will be ranked by presidential scholars as THE worst POTUS.
Hell - He already is!

Donald Trump is America's worst president, says a New York Times opinion piece that's based on a survey of 170 members of the American Political Science Association’s Presidents and Executive Politics section.

The survey was conducted by Brandon Rottinghaus, a professor of political science at the University of Houston, and Justin S. Vaughn, an associate professor of political science and director of the Center for Idaho History and Politics at Boise State University.​

History experts in New York Times op-ed: Trump worst president ever, Obama in top 10

Thankfully, he will be a one-termer - IF that.

Hmmm. Experts that are telling us "from the NY Times" how Trump will be rated and he's not even done serving half of his first term. How could anybody not trust them???? :21:

We're not? Then what are we? :21::21::21:

me

No, very simply most of the Trump-voting independents are now HORRIFIED at what they got
Doesn't make them liberals.

And yet, he is just as effective. Perhaps more so. Time will tell.

Nonsense - Donald Trump will be ranked by presidential scholars as THE worst POTUS.
Hell - He already is!

Donald Trump is America's worst president, says a New York Times opinion piece that's based on a survey of 170 members of the American Political Science Association’s Presidents and Executive Politics section.

The survey was conducted by Brandon Rottinghaus, a professor of political science at the University of Houston, and Justin S. Vaughn, an associate professor of political science and director of the Center for Idaho History and Politics at Boise State University.​

History experts in New York Times op-ed: Trump worst president ever, Obama in top 10

Thankfully, he will be a one-termer - IF that.

Hmmm. Experts that are telling us "from the NY Times" how Trump will be rated and he's not even done serving half of his first term. How could anybody not trust them???? :21:

Story has little if ANYTHING to do with the NYT - Easy out with imaginary villain taken yet again :rolleyes-41:

Well then you've been hearing wrong. The death is being hastened .. every day in every way.
My suggestion would be to embrace your White Nationalist nature and come up with a new party.

Well if this is death of a party, long live death, because we took over the Congress, took over the Senate, took over the White House, and captured 2/3 of the Governorships across the country.

me

You have no idea what I do in the privacy of the voting booth and I'm not fixin to tell you, either.

You shouldn't presume so much knowledge of what others think and do. You can make some pretty big mistakes that way in your calculations.

me

No, very simply most of the Trump-voting independents are now HORRIFIED at what they got

Why is that? How many of them do you know?

We're not? Then what are we? :21::21::21:

White Nationalists, Nazis, Klansmen, Alt-Righties, Protectionists, Baggers, Birthers, Blowhards and well ... Deplorables

me

Why is that? How many of them do you know?

Catch up Gomer
Trump and Women, Independents: Worrisome Signs | RealClearPolitics

Well if this is death of a party, long live death, because we took over the Congress, took over the Senate, took over the White House, and captured 2/3 of the Governorships across the country.

Enjoy that for another 2.5 months :)

We actually had journalists back in Reagan's day. An editorial was clearly labeled as such, not worked into a news story. Objectivity was still a fairly common thing. To draw some sort of parallel from then to now is absurd. Since then we have had numerous anchors stripped of their positions with sexual misconduct charges and outright lying on camera.

Well said Patti ... well said :eusa_clap:

<snips>

The verbal sparring between my father and Sam Donaldson of ABC, or Helen Thomas of UPI, is well documented. But there was never vitriol, there was never name-calling, and if anyone had attacked a journalist, my father would have been the first to stand in the way.

I've tried to imagine what my father would have done if people attending a political speech of his had turned to the press and raised their middle fingers, hurled obscenities or physically menaced the reporters there doing their jobs. I found it difficult to conjure the image, and then I realized why. It simply wouldn't have happened. The person on the podium, the person everyone has gathered to see, sets the tone.

President Donald Trump has quite successfully set today’s tone. He expertly stirred up the anger that was already simmering in the people who support him, and then he lit a match to it. He gave them an enemy — always a useful tactic. And naming the press as the enemy has precedents: Many tyrants have employed it to their advantage. Trump may not read much, but I’ll bet he knows that.

Those of us who are horrified by the vilification of the news media, those of us who cringe at the sight of angry mobs jeering at the cordoned-off journalists at Trump rallies, far outnumber those who are swept up by this ugly passion. We are still in the majority. But if we are silent, if we don't speak up, if we don't raise our voices and say, "This is not America," it won't matter that we are in the majority.

Silence didn't create this country; brazen, unwavering commitment did. And one of those commitments was to a free press - one not controlled or hampered by a demagogue who has a good day only when he's being flattered.​

Patti Davis: My father, Ronald Reagan, would never have stood for this

Apples to oranges. They never attacked Reagan like they do to Trump.

Forum List

Back