Paul Ryan backs down in battle with the church

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Good, he's not as powerful as he imagines.

Paul Ryan Backs Down in Battle with the Church

After sending Ryan a testy letter, the House chaplain will be allowed to keep his job.
During a conference earlier this week, Ryan insisted his decision to oust Conroy wasn’t political, but performance-based, “and a number of our members felt like the pastoral services were not being adequately served, or offered.” That was, apparently, news to Conroy, who spoke to his lawyers and notified Ryan’s office on Thursday that he was withdrawing his resignation. “I have never been disciplined, nor reprimanded, nor have I ever heard a complaint about my ministry during my time as House Chaplain,” he wrote in a letter that was made public. Nor had that been Ryan’s original complaint:

Good, he's not as powerful as he imagines.

Paul Ryan Backs Down in Battle with the Church

After sending Ryan a testy letter, the House chaplain will be allowed to keep his job.
During a conference earlier this week, Ryan insisted his decision to oust Conroy wasn’t political, but performance-based, “and a number of our members felt like the pastoral services were not being adequately served, or offered.” That was, apparently, news to Conroy, who spoke to his lawyers and notified Ryan’s office on Thursday that he was withdrawing his resignation. “I have never been disciplined, nor reprimanded, nor have I ever heard a complaint about my ministry during my time as House Chaplain,” he wrote in a letter that was made public. Nor had that been Ryan’s original complaint:
In desperate times you take your victories anywhere ya can find them

Forum List

Back