Paul Ryan's (R) Primary fast approaching

Trump ought to be kissing Ryan's ass for endorsing him at all, the crazy fucker. Ryan is one of the few reasonable men left in D.C., and although I don't agree with a lot of the Repub's platform, I think Ryan is a sane man. His one mistake was swallowing his principals and getting behind the Mango Man.
what has he accomplished since the "so-called" momentous Repub victory in 2014 (lowest turn-out since WWII BTW)

I'm actually more disappointed in Ryan than appalled by Trump, which is amazing since imo Trump is the most loathsome creature to enter mainstream politics since the Klan went underground and McCarthy was sent to dry out.

But four years ago, Ryan was experimenting with black leaders for ways to use federal money to infuse black districts with education and capital. A tax rewrite to get rid of expenditures to allow a real tax cut for middle earners.
Ryan has been sending legislation to the WH that he KNOWS doesn't stand a chance to get signed so yeah, he's a tax payer- financed seat warmer. Be proud

Why would any speaker send legislation to the WH when the opposition party holds it, and there's an election in a year?

Zika is an exception.

And, imo, McConnell should have sent Grassley to the dems to find a compromise Scotus nominee.
I'm talking about the entire time since 2014. Republicorp has done zilch.

Trump ought to be kissing Ryan's ass for endorsing him at all, the crazy fucker. Ryan is one of the few reasonable men left in D.C., and although I don't agree with a lot of the Repub's platform, I think Ryan is a sane man. His one mistake was swallowing his principals and getting behind the Mango Man.
what has he accomplished since the "so-called" momentous Repub victory in 2014 (lowest turn-out since WWII BTW)

I'm actually more disappointed in Ryan than appalled by Trump, which is amazing since imo Trump is the most loathsome creature to enter mainstream politics since the Klan went underground and McCarthy was sent to dry out.

But four years ago, Ryan was experimenting with black leaders for ways to use federal money to infuse black districts with education and capital. A tax rewrite to get rid of expenditures to allow a real tax cut for middle earners.
Ryan has been sending legislation to the WH that he KNOWS doesn't stand a chance to get signed so yeah, he's a tax payer- financed seat warmer. Be proud

Why would any speaker send legislation to the WH when the opposition party holds it, and there's an election in a year?

Zika is an exception.

And, imo, McConnell should have sent Grassley to the dems to find a compromise Scotus nominee.

I agree with that. The teaparty freedom caucus has been allowed to control what the Speaker brings for a vote.

Since assuming the speakers office, Ryan has attempted to allow the freedom folks more ability to get votes on anything, but it hasn't caused them to reciprocate. I don't think anyone can control the freedom caucus. But no one should expect bipartisanship in the final year of a term where one party has the WH and the other has congress .... unless the issue is yuuuuuuuge.

My unhappiness with Ryan is that he's pretty much just become a supply sider cut the rich's taxes Bushtypel

He'll likely win, but that's not necessarily good for Republicans. He is a RINO, might as well be a Democrat. Wisconsin was been leaning Communist/Progressive for some time now. I can see the Democrat beating him. But it won't matter much. RINO's like Ryan are unreliable.

Lets hope he gets "Cantored" :eusa_drool:

Trump refuses to endorse Paul Ryan in GOP primary: ‘I’m just not quite there yet’
With Ryan’s Wisconsin primary scheduled for next Tuesday, Trump praised the House speaker’s underdog opponent, Paul Nehlen, for running “a very good campaign.” Trump said that Ryan has sought his endorsement — an assertion that a Ryan spokesman denied later Tuesday — but that as of now he is only “giving it very serious consideration.”

“I like Paul, but these are horrible times for our country,” Trump said. “We need very strong leadership. We need very, very strong leadership. And I’m just not quite there yet. I’m not quite there yet.”

Trump’s refusal to back Ryan represents an extraordinary breach of political decorum and signals that the Republican Party remains divided two weeks after a national convention in Cleveland staged to showcase party unity.
I think I pointed out I'm not a Republican? I just think he seems sane.
Sane but a hyper- partisan obstructionist. Your point?

Sent from my VS415PP using Tapatalk

Zika is an exception.

I agree with that. The teaparty freedom caucus has been allowed to control what the Speaker brings for a vote.

Since assuming the speakers office, Ryan has attempted to allow the freedom folks more ability to get votes on anything, but it hasn't caused them to reciprocate. I don't think anyone can control the freedom caucus. But no one should expect bipartisanship in the final year of a term where one party has the WH and the other has congress .... unless the issue is yuuuuuuuge.

My unhappiness with Ryan is that he's pretty much just become a supply sider cut the rich's taxes Bushtypel
No argument there. The Freedumb caucus is the reason the last Speaker threw up his hands in disgust and resigned.

He'll likely win, but that's not necessarily good for Republicans. He is a RINO, might as well be a Democrat. Wisconsin was been leaning Communist/Progressive for some time now. I can see the Democrat beating him. But it won't matter much. RINO's like Ryan are unreliable.
Yeah, since the 40's. Tell us something we don't know

Lets hope he gets "Cantored" :eusa_drool:

Trump refuses to endorse Paul Ryan in GOP primary: ‘I’m just not quite there yet’
With Ryan’s Wisconsin primary scheduled for next Tuesday, Trump praised the House speaker’s underdog opponent, Paul Nehlen, for running “a very good campaign.” Trump said that Ryan has sought his endorsement — an assertion that a Ryan spokesman denied later Tuesday — but that as of now he is only “giving it very serious consideration.”

“I like Paul, but these are horrible times for our country,” Trump said. “We need very strong leadership. We need very, very strong leadership. And I’m just not quite there yet. I’m not quite there yet.”

Trump’s refusal to back Ryan represents an extraordinary breach of political decorum and signals that the Republican Party remains divided two weeks after a national convention in Cleveland staged to showcase party unity.

Ryan's polling around 70% plus, and he's not getting primaried. Nor is McCain. But McCain could lose the general unless he has some Trumpbot support. Ryan's district is safe.

Inside Ryan's primary strategy

Ryan and McConnell apparently see some benefit to sticking with Trump to keep the Senate and avoid any question in the House. They've openly said their support is based on the fact that Trump will sign legislation they send him, and Hillary won't. I've thought that suspiciously optimistic, and assume they are reassessing.

Paul Ryan does have an opponent in the primary. His name is Paul Nehlen.

He is not going to lose the Primary.
Neither will Cantor....

Oh, wait.....

Zika is an exception.

No argument there. The Freedumb caucus is the reason the last Speaker threw up his hands in disgust and resigned.

It doesn't bode well either. I think Hillary and McConnell could hash some deal to balance the budget without great difficulty, but it will be impossible to get it through the House.

Yeah, Wisconsin has been leaning Communist/Progressive for awhile. It's probably why a RINO like Ryan can do so well there. He'll win the primary, but i can see him losing to the even more Communist/Progressive Democratic Candidate. Either way, its a Lose-Lose for Republicans.

I find the concept fascinating of RINO as a person who'd take a balanced budget where 2/3's of the proposed increases in spending come from program cuts and spending caps and 1/3 from taxes.

Ryan also calculated in the savings from Obamacare whilst simultaneously counting savings from eliminating it altogether. Republican accting lol

Forum List

Back