Paying people off to avoid a scandal is perfectly legal

It's a plea agreement, numskull. If he has an issue with the charges, he simply refuses to accept them. Those are his choices. He can't accept the plea and then complain it's improper.

:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:
Fucking moron, no lawyer is going to plead guilty to non-criminal charges. You're fucking insane. :cuckoo:
A claim lacking any visible support. You're saying we should trust Cohen's lawyer, Lanny Davis, who was formerly the lawyer for the Clintons.

Fucking moron, I'm saying lawyers know the law. They're not as stupid as you as to risk going to jail by pleading guilty to something that's not even a crime. Especially when they can easily walk free with a simple motion to the court to dismiss such bogus chares if they're not rooted in an actual crime. You're completely batshit insane. :cuckoo:
You're also saying they never do anything dishonest or sleazy. Only an idiot would believe that, especially when you also claim that what Cohen did is dishonest and sleazy.
LOLOL

I never said that either. What a pity you're too insane to argue against what people actually say; that you have to make up what they say and then argue what you falsely ascribe to others. :cuckoo:
That's the unstated premise of your idiot post.

It's not a crime when 2 consenting adults screw each other..............Ethically........pretty shitty thing to do to your wife..........but it's not a crime.........

They had sex for future cashing in on doing so with Trump...........in Clinton's case they accused him of sexual abuse............Not hardly the same......Stormy bragged about it............didn't say he FORCED ME as was with Clinton............Big difference..........

You can say.........ehtically is it wrong .............yeah......I'd never cheat on my wife.........but legally...........your full of shit......

Now you judge me..........I see what I see...........I see an establishment fucking the entire country..........getting away with massive abuse of power........Obama was one of the dirtiest dang jerks I've seen in my lifetime..........You can try to say I KNOW NOTHING........about what happened with Federal Agencies then and I could care less .............too dang much went on for that excuse............

IRS targeting costing citizens millions in defense when they committed no crimes.............These same people were also targeted by the FBI, ATF and intel agencies..............because they disagree...............Those doing this are TRAITORS to the Republic............and these leftover assholes are the same ones that took part in it............

Same ones who gave Hillary a pass before she even testified..........same ones who got financial gain from the lobbies of the dirty political gang of Democraps.........

Tired of me saying this.........I don't care........you will continue to see these posts.
So you're saying the NDA wasn't a campaign expense? And a personal loan, not used for a campaign expense, is still a campaign contribution. Did I get your sentiment correct there?

Contributions are monies paid into the campaign. Cohen paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to benefit the campaign. The was is gross excess of the federal contribution limits. The funds didn't come out of the campaign coffers. But from Cohen personally, at Trumps personal direction. Making your description of Cohen's payments as a campaign expense simply wrong.

Trump reimembursed Cohen AFTER the election. And it being Trump, of course it was done through fraud. Faked time lines, fraudulent invoices, faked work descriptions. And obviously without reporting any of it to the FEC.

All of which has been turned over to federal prosecutors and submitted to the court.

Cohen's money didn't go to Trump or the campaign, it went to finance the NDA.

IT went to immediately benefit the campaign. But came out of Cohen's pocket. Not the campaign's.

Thus, a campaign contribution. Not a campaign expense. You've literally got opposites confused with each other. You probably want to stop polishing that turd and just accept the fact that you used the wrong term.

Trump, not the campaign reimbursed Cohen, so how could Cohen's outlay been a contribution to the campaign, when the purpose it was used for wasn't a campaign expenditure? It was basically just a short term personal loan to Trump.

Trump reimbursed him after the election.....under fraudulent circumstances, as its Trump. So of course it involved fraud, lies, faked time lines, and false invoices.

Now for your 'short term loan' theory. Even by that logic, the short term loan was for the purpose of aiding his presidential campaign. And loans are subject to campaign contribution limits too. Says who? Says the FEC.

If any person, including a relative or friend of the candidate, gives or loans the candidate money “for the purpose of influencing any election for federal office,” the funds are not considered personal funds of the candidate even if they are given to the candidate directly. Instead, the gift or loan is considered a contribution from the donor to the campaign, subject to the per-election limit and reportable by the campaign. This is true even if the candidate uses the funds for personal living expenses while campaigning.

Personal loans from the candidate - FEC.gov

And of course, because its Trump none of this sizable transaction was reported to the FEC. It was all done through shell companies, using fake invoices and fraudulent time lines. With Trump trying backdate the reason for the payment from 2016, when the illegal campaign contribution was made to 2017.

And there's a paper trail for all of it. With Trump's own CFO now having an immunity deal. So we're likely to learn even more of the fraudulent and corrupt criminal practices within the Trump organization.

The NDA was executed in 2016, how could it have been considered a contribution in 2017?

How indeed.

And the deceit and fraud committed by Trump go further still. As when Trump reimbursed Cohen in 2017 for the illegal campaign contribution made in 2016......he also used a fraudulent description of work. With the faked invoices claiming it was for legal work Cohen did in February of 2017.

And the Feds have the entire paper trail now. Every last fraudulent scrap of it.

You've now said the contribution occurred in 2016 in one post and 2017 in another, get back to me when you make up your mind.

A claim lacking any visible support. You're saying we should trust Cohen's lawyer, Lanny Davis, who was formerly the lawyer for the Clintons.

You even have this part wrong, Cohen's lawyer the did the plea agreement is Guy Petrillo, not Lanny Davis.
He may have filed the paper work. That's all we know. Lanny Davis is representing Cohen.

No such paper work was filed.

You're again countering facts and evidence with imagination.

I've already addressed all of your imbecile points. I'm done playing the "un huh, nuh uhn" game.

With conspiracy and useless personal opinion.

Again, you 'insisting' that excessive campaign contributions aren't a crime doesn't magically change the U.S.C.. You making up a nonsense conspiracy theory that the Judge in Cohen's case and the federal prosecutors are all part of a plot doesn't change the law either.

You've got nothing but naked denial, imagination, and batshit conspiracy theories backed by nothing.

Is that really it? If so, that was easy.
I already told you I'm not playing your "Is do, Is not" game. I find your idiocies incredibly boring.

I'm not sure why, but it seems the Democrats think that paying off a woman to be quiet about a scandal is somehow illegal. Well, it isn't.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering what any of this has to do with collusion with Russia...

Paying money that somebody extorts from you is legal. Extortion, however, is illegal in all 50 states. I wonder why nobody is looking at women who extort money from men and/or is prosecuting them?

If paying that money is for the benefit of a political campaign, its a campaign contribution. If that payment is more than $2700, its an illegal campaign contribution.

And Trump directed Cohen to make more than $400,000 in such illegal conributions. And then Trump lied to try and cover it up.

Watch me prove you're a fucking moron.....

You claim I said Trump's crime was based on how much he personally contributed his campaign....

…. so either you can quote me saying the amount he gave is what violated the law or you prove I'm right when I point out you're a fucking moron.....

Choice is yours.....
I'm not going down this road, asshole. Your favorite tactic is making a major issue out of some trivial fact.
LOLOL

No quote = you're a fucking moron, proven by your abject inability to prove the hallucination you posted on the forum.

:dance:
What part of "I'm not going down this road" didn't you understand?
LOL

I understand fine that you can't actually quote me saying what you claim I said.

That you try to conceal your inability to prove your nutty claims under the cloak of non-interest only makes you look like an even bigger fucking moron and makes me laugh at you that much harder.

What part of "I'm not going down this road" didn't you understand?
LOL

Fucking moron, feigning non-interest to avoid posting my quote that I never said, proves you're the fucking moron I said you are.

Like I said, the choice is yours. You chose to show everyone you're a fucking moron.

Meanwhile, this thread topic is about the illegality of not reporting a campaign contribution. Can't you stay on topic?

You mean like Republican Blake Farenthold?

I mean anyone of either party. Should they be prosecuted for campaign finance violations? They accepted money far beyond the donation limits to pay for what you and your ilk say is a campaign expense.

That money comes out of a fund for Congress, just like if a company has legal funds for settling cases of wrongdoing. I think it is ridiculous that any party should be getting their sexual harassment suits or whatever liability suit paid for with tax dollars. They rip off citizens enough already. The money should come out of their paychecks.

Since these funds are used to keep embarrassing situations quiet to keep a congresscritter more electable, how can they not be considered campaign contributions. Aren't they being spent to influence an election? You can't have it both ways, if Trump and Cohen are criminals, these congresscritter must be too, they're not reporting these contributions form the taxpayers.

Trump was not a politician when payments were made.

Trump was running for public office when the payments to aid his campaign were made.

Thus, they were campaign contributions.
No he wasn’t. No payments that he “authorized” took place before he was a candidate. The 2016 payment was not authorized by Trump. Cohen just did it.

It's a plea agreement, numskull. If he has an issue with the charges, he simply refuses to accept them. Those are his choices. He can't accept the plea and then complain it's improper.

That still does not explain why a lawyer would plead guilty to a non-crime when all it would take to walk free is a motion to dismiss based on improper charges.

And if it is a "non-crime" why is the statute that was broken listed in the plea agreement?
I just explained why he couldn't do that, but your skull is too thick for it to penetrate.

No, you claimed he could not do that, you did not explain why.

Why would anyone, especially most of all a trained lawyer, plead guilty to something that is not even a crime?

And how can it not be a crime if the statute he is accused of breaking is listed on the plea agreement? Did they just make up that part as well?
Yes, I did explain why, but it didn't penetrate your thick skull.

I know that this will be news to you, but "because I said so" is not an explanation.

Your desperation is getting laughable, hell I am almost starting to feel pity for you.
I explained it, but you're too fucking stupid to see it.

Cohen is not lying and the Feds are corroborating his words with facts from Pecker and his CFO. trump is a criminal....but that is just one of the crimes he has committed. There are much more serious felonies on the horizon.
Cohen is a proven liar.

You even have this part wrong, Cohen's lawyer the did the plea agreement is Guy Petrillo, not Lanny Davis.
He may have filed the paper work. That's all we know. Lanny Davis is representing Cohen.

I've already addressed all of your imbecile points. I'm done playing the "un huh, nuh uhn" game.

Again, you 'insisting' that excessive campaign contributions aren't a crime doesn't magically change the U.S.C.. You making up a nonsense conspiracy theory that the Judge in Cohen's case and the federal prosecutors are all part of a plot doesn't change the law either.

You've got nothing but naked denial, imagination, and batshit conspiracy theories backed by nothing.

I already told you I'm not playing your "Is do, Is not" game. I find your idiocies incredibly boring.

Brit......it doesn't matter what batshit conspiracy theory you tell yourself. A crime is still a crime.

Says the USC. Says the federal judge. Says the prosecutor. Says Michael Cohen himself.

Yet you insist that they are all wrong and you know better........because you say so.

Um, nope. Our sources are not equal.

I'm not sure why, but it seems the Democrats think that paying off a woman to be quiet about a scandal is somehow illegal. Well, it isn't.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering what any of this has to do with collusion with Russia...
Happens all the time in Hollywood and business world. Stormy payoff was before Trump was even an announced candidate. She most likely approached Trump. Her and her ex-husbands m.o., it’s called “extortion.”

Nonsense. Stormy Daniels was paid 11 days before the election.
Trump never authorized any such thing. Cohen just did it.

Fucking moron, no lawyer is going to plead guilty to non-criminal charges. You're fucking insane. :cuckoo:

Fucking moron, I'm saying lawyers know the law. They're not as stupid as you as to risk going to jail by pleading guilty to something that's not even a crime. Especially when they can easily walk free with a simple motion to the court to dismiss such bogus chares if they're not rooted in an actual crime. You're completely batshit insane. :cuckoo:
You're also saying they never do anything dishonest or sleazy. Only an idiot would believe that, especially when you also claim that what Cohen did is dishonest and sleazy.
LOLOL

I never said that either. What a pity you're too insane to argue against what people actually say; that you have to make up what they say and then argue what you falsely ascribe to others. :cuckoo:
That's the unstated premise of your idiot post.
LOLOLOLOL

So now you think my position is what you hallucinate it to be and not what I actually state it to be???

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

Contributions are monies paid into the campaign. Cohen paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to benefit the campaign. The was is gross excess of the federal contribution limits. The funds didn't come out of the campaign coffers. But from Cohen personally, at Trumps personal direction. Making your description of Cohen's payments as a campaign expense simply wrong.

Trump reimembursed Cohen AFTER the election. And it being Trump, of course it was done through fraud. Faked time lines, fraudulent invoices, faked work descriptions. And obviously without reporting any of it to the FEC.

All of which has been turned over to federal prosecutors and submitted to the court.

Cohen's money didn't go to Trump or the campaign, it went to finance the NDA.

IT went to immediately benefit the campaign. But came out of Cohen's pocket. Not the campaign's.

Thus, a campaign contribution. Not a campaign expense. You've literally got opposites confused with each other. You probably want to stop polishing that turd and just accept the fact that you used the wrong term.

Trump, not the campaign reimbursed Cohen, so how could Cohen's outlay been a contribution to the campaign, when the purpose it was used for wasn't a campaign expenditure? It was basically just a short term personal loan to Trump.

Trump reimbursed him after the election.....under fraudulent circumstances, as its Trump. So of course it involved fraud, lies, faked time lines, and false invoices.

Now for your 'short term loan' theory. Even by that logic, the short term loan was for the purpose of aiding his presidential campaign. And loans are subject to campaign contribution limits too. Says who? Says the FEC.

If any person, including a relative or friend of the candidate, gives or loans the candidate money “for the purpose of influencing any election for federal office,” the funds are not considered personal funds of the candidate even if they are given to the candidate directly. Instead, the gift or loan is considered a contribution from the donor to the campaign, subject to the per-election limit and reportable by the campaign. This is true even if the candidate uses the funds for personal living expenses while campaigning.

Personal loans from the candidate - FEC.gov

And of course, because its Trump none of this sizable transaction was reported to the FEC. It was all done through shell companies, using fake invoices and fraudulent time lines. With Trump trying backdate the reason for the payment from 2016, when the illegal campaign contribution was made to 2017.

And there's a paper trail for all of it. With Trump's own CFO now having an immunity deal. So we're likely to learn even more of the fraudulent and corrupt criminal practices within the Trump organization.

The NDA was executed in 2016, how could it have been considered a contribution in 2017?

Trump paid Cohen back starting in January 2017.

You're not making sense, the money was spent in 2016.

Cohen spent the money in 2016... Trump didn't start paying Cohen back, and hence breaking the campaign financing laws until 2017.

That still does not explain why a lawyer would plead guilty to a non-crime when all it would take to walk free is a motion to dismiss based on improper charges.

And if it is a "non-crime" why is the statute that was broken listed in the plea agreement?
I just explained why he couldn't do that, but your skull is too thick for it to penetrate.

No, you claimed he could not do that, you did not explain why.

Why would anyone, especially most of all a trained lawyer, plead guilty to something that is not even a crime?

And how can it not be a crime if the statute he is accused of breaking is listed on the plea agreement? Did they just make up that part as well?
Yes, I did explain why, but it didn't penetrate your thick skull.

I know that this will be news to you, but "because I said so" is not an explanation.

Your desperation is getting laughable, hell I am almost starting to feel pity for you.
I explained it, but you're too fucking stupid to see it.

No, you just denied any crime committed because you said so.

And you're nobody.

Brit......it doesn't matter what batshit conspiracy theory you tell yourself. A crime is still a crime.

Says the USC. Says the federal judge. Says the prosecutor. Says Michael Cohen himself.

Yet you insist that they are all wrong and you know better........because you say so.

Um, nope. Our sources are not equal.
<YAWN!>

I mean anyone of either party. Should they be prosecuted for campaign finance violations? They accepted money far beyond the donation limits to pay for what you and your ilk say is a campaign expense.

That money comes out of a fund for Congress, just like if a company has legal funds for settling cases of wrongdoing. I think it is ridiculous that any party should be getting their sexual harassment suits or whatever liability suit paid for with tax dollars. They rip off citizens enough already. The money should come out of their paychecks.

Since these funds are used to keep embarrassing situations quiet to keep a congresscritter more electable, how can they not be considered campaign contributions. Aren't they being spent to influence an election? You can't have it both ways, if Trump and Cohen are criminals, these congresscritter must be too, they're not reporting these contributions form the taxpayers.

Trump was running for public office when the payments to aid his campaign were made.

No he wasn’t. No payments that he “authorized” took place before he was a candidate. The 2016 payment was not authorized by Trump. Cohen just did it.
Cohen claims trump directed him to do it.

Prove he's lying.....

You mean like Republican Blake Farenthold?

A candidate is a politician.
Trump never authorized any such payments before election. Cohen just did it. He stated that as a matter of record. Only changed his mind when offered a plea deal because he was guilty of other crimes. Mueller is just out to get Trump at all cost, regardless of justice being served.

Paying money that somebody extorts from you is legal. Extortion, however, is illegal in all 50 states. I wonder why nobody is looking at women who extort money from men and/or is prosecuting them?

If paying that money is for the benefit of a political campaign, its a campaign contribution. If that payment is more than $2700, its an illegal campaign contribution.

And Trump directed Cohen to make more than $400,000 in such illegal conributions. And then Trump lied to try and cover it up.

No, it is not illegal unless it is paid for out of campaign funds. There is no evidence that such happened. The President is a multi-billionaire. He can certainly afford to pay legal fees to his personal attorney without using any money from his campaign fund.

Prove he's lying.....
He already stated Trump never authorized it. Only changed his story when offered a plea deal for actual crimes.

Prove he's lying.....
Prove he’s telling the truth...

Forum List

Back