PC Speech Is Against The First Amendment

I see. You know it's not illegal to say the word illegal, correct? It's not even illegal to say ******.

Though you may get pissed if you feel this forum is taking away your right to say it by automatically censoring you.
When you join the forum you agree to their terms. But government is NOT a controlled forum nor should it be.

You agreed to be PC, great, now prove your point.
Okay, a man cannot call a woman a "C" word on this forum.
But a woman can call a man a c#cksucker.
Is that NOT sexist.

A member cannot call another member a "N" word.
But a Negro can call you a Cracker/Honky/Cave Monkey.
Is that not racist?

See the rule is not equal nor could ever be. People simply invent new words. So what is the purpose? To stifle honest and yes sometimes harsh speech.
Whether you consider such rules on a private message board to be ‘equal’ or ‘fair’ is irrelevant, if you don’t like it you can go somewhere else.

But however unfair or inconsistent you might perceive the rules on a private message board to be, or however unfairly or inconsistently those rules might be applied, no free speech ‘rights’ have been ‘violated,’ no manifestation of the ‘PC’ myth has occurred.
But we are not talking about this board now are we moron? We are talking public use of a word in daily life. She wanted to use government as a proxy to BAN that word moron and that's ILLEGAL, sorry that's the "I" word.

Quote her saying that. Back up your claim for once in your life.

How is 'PC speech' against the first amendment?
Enforcing or demanding even mandating PC speech takes away right of the person to speak freely.

I see. You know it's not illegal to say the word illegal, correct? It's not even illegal to say ******.

Though you may get pissed if you feel this forum is taking away your right to say it by automatically censoring you.
When you join the forum you agree to their terms. But government is NOT a controlled forum nor should it be.

I believe you can say whatever you want in government, Pinkie.

Just ask The Dick Cheney and Pat Leahy.
How about the woman in the OP wanting to BAN the word ILLEGAL.
That word is not racist nor sexist. But PC demands we don't use it. Already a number of news outlets use the PC "undocumented immigrants".And that IS the loss of free speech. Because being undocumented IS ILLEGAL.
Wrong.

The woman in the OP is a private citizen and whatever she advocates for as a private citizen is her personal opinion, binding on no other private person.

Now, if government were to enact a law where using the word ‘illegal’ was a ‘crime,’ and anyone using that word is subject to arrest, a trial, and imprisonment, then and only then has the right to free speech been violated, then and only then has free speech been lost.

One cannot ‘lose’ his right free speech because another private person opposes that speech.

Is that NOT sexist.

Is that not racist?

See the rule is not equal nor could ever be. People simply invent new words. So what is the purpose? To stifle honest and yes sometimes harsh speech.
Whether you consider such rules on a private message board to be ‘equal’ or ‘fair’ is irrelevant, if you don’t like it you can go somewhere else.

But however unfair or inconsistent you might perceive the rules on a private message board to be, or however unfairly or inconsistently those rules might be applied, no free speech ‘rights’ have been ‘violated,’ no manifestation of the ‘PC’ myth has occurred.
But we are not talking about this board now are we moron? We are talking public use of a word in daily life. She wanted to use government as a proxy to BAN that word moron and that's ILLEGAL, sorry that's the "I" word.

From the 1:30 to 2 minute mark. And she is from the "Drop The "I" Word Movement" stated in the first 30 seconds. So it IS an organized movement to BAN the use of a word.

Now you can take your lying bullsh#t and shove it up your ass because it IS there..

Enforcing or demanding even mandating PC speech takes away right of the person to speak freely.

That word is not racist nor sexist. But PC demands we don't use it. Already a number of news outlets use the PC "undocumented immigrants".And that IS the loss of free speech. Because being undocumented IS ILLEGAL.
Moreover, as a fact of law, an immigrant is not ‘illegal’ until such time as he has been found guilty in a court of law of entering the country absent authorization, or remaining in the country absent authorization.

Consequently, referring to someone as an undocumented immigrant is legally correct, reflecting the fact that although undocumented, the immigrant is nonetheless in the country legally, such as in the case of someone applying for refugee status.

Therefore, to refer to an undocumented immigrant as such also does not manifest as the ‘PC’ myth, as it is using the legally accurate and correct term.

Is that NOT sexist.

Is that not racist?

From the 1:30 to 2 minute mark. And she is from the "Drop The "I" Word Movement" stated in the first 30 seconds. So it IS an organized movement to BAN the use of a word.

Now you can take your lying bullsh#t and shove it up your ass because it IS there..

Don't see where she is advocting government make the word illegal, illegal. It's simply not there. So, quote her. Judging by your replies to Clayton, I don't think you have the first clue what the 1st amendment is.

Here is a test. If I tell you to stop saying 'vanilla', did I violate your rights?

You think anyone actually watches a video just because you post it? :lmao:

I didn't. But maybe I should, if you're saying this woman, who I've never heard of, is literally "the government".
She is demanding the government do it. And many news services have. As to your NOT watching the video? No surprise, many like you CHOOSE to remain ignorant.
And?

She can ‘demand’ whatever she wants, unless government takes action, there is no free speech ‘violation,’ no free speech as been ‘lost,’ and the ‘PC’ myth is just that: a myth, a ridiculous contrivance of the right.

When the government says you can't say the N word, you let us all know, okay?

Until then, just STFU already.
Jack n Jill ran up the hill to fetch a pale of
bullshit_anim_icon.gif

Is that NOT sexist.

Is that not racist?

They are discussing illegal immigration in that time frame not the campaign she represents. I have never heard of that organization so I don't know if that is their intent. I doubt it is to ban a word. Make it taboo, like racial slurs and such maybe. Illegal sounds like a stretch.

When the government says you can't say the N word, you let us all know, okay?

Until then, just STFU already.
The FCC is government and they fine you if you use it on TV.

Bullshit.
It doesn't work that way -- never did. What FCC does is respond to public complaints. If a tree falls on a lumberjack's foot on TV and he goes "fuuuuck" and no one complains --- as far as FCC is concerned it never happened. If someone does complain then they look at whether it was handled responsibly. That's how it's always worked.

There is no such requirement to censor anything per se. There's only a guideline to keep reasonable public standards, as judged by the public.
And that is bullshit and the government should not be doing it. Speech should not be regulated unless it presents a clear and immediate danger to those that are around it aka yelling fire in a crowded theater.

To say it is not censorship is rather asinine. That is exactly what it is. Just because they use the public to track it rather than doing it themselves does not change that basic fact. You place something not kosher in a TV show then they fine you for it. It is not even based on what you say is 'public standards, as judged by the public' as those standards are set by the FCC itself and not by the public. If I complained that American Dad featured an alien and I found that offensive the FCC wouldn't give a damn. It only cares if the standards it set are violated. Offspring said it best in one of their album's opening tracks followed by George Carlin:

If you are offended then don't watch it.

Of course, none of this even approaches the asinine idea that we can't bear to hear the word n*gger or fuck, can't bear to see an ass or a penis but we certainly can watch that crazy axe murderer lop heads off and senselessly murder rooms full of people. The standards do not make a lick of sense.

Is that NOT sexist.

Is that not racist?

They are discussing illegal immigration in that time frame not the campaign she represents. I have never heard of that organization so I don't know if that is their intent. I doubt it is to ban a word. Make it taboo, like racial slurs and such maybe. Illegal sounds like a stretch.
Is making it taboo not regulating it?

She was apart of an awareness campaign about the phrase illegal alien, she wasn't wanting to make the word "illegal" illegal, derp.
She wanted to ban its use. That means regulate and mandate it.
Again – And?

She has the right as a private citizen in the context of private society to advocate for whatever she so desires, where – again – such advocacy does not manifest as a ‘violation’ of free speech, or the myth of ‘PC.’

And you as a private citizen are at liberty to oppose her advocacy, likewise in the context of private society, using the venue of this message board, free to express your opposition to the woman in the OP absent any interference from government.

Indeed, with this thread you’ve unwittingly acknowledged the fact that free speech has not been ‘lost,’ and that ‘PC’ is in fact a myth.

Is that NOT sexist.

Is that not racist?

I looked them up, they are called Race Forward. They don't appear to be advocating for government censorship...like, at all.

Drop the I-Word Campaign

Race Forward's mission is to build awareness, solutions, and leadership for racial justice by generating transformative ideas, information, and experiences. We define racial justice as the systematic fair treatment of people of all races, resulting in equitable opportunities and outcomes for all and we work to advance racial justice through media, research, and leadership development.

NO

She wants it banned....it's cultural marxism on display and the media never refers to them as "illegals....it's "undocumented aliens"........it's creeping in and the wetback in the video doesn't want the term "illegal" to be used to describe her kind.......get it now? I use the term "wetbacks"...."Illegals" all the time and no one is going to shout me down or "shame" me into going along with leftard "group think". I am not the kind that can be bullied...as a matter of fact? Tell me that I can say something will only motivate me to double down on it. I will never submit to leftist pieces of shit. I would rather die fighting first.....and you can take that to the fucking bank. Hope this helps!!!

Come back to me when you can actually respond to the points in my post. In this particular one, it was only to quote specifically where she said the term 'illegal alien' is to be made illegal.

And for the last fucking time, it;'s not really about you, ok? Every post I read from you, you are the topic, nobody gives a shit.

You don't have a point...that's the point. What part of that is confusing you?

If you want to say she wants to ban the term illegal alien (even though she doesn't have the authority) then quote her. It's not rocket science.
I agree. I didn't hear her say anything about a ban or making anything illegal. In fact, very little of that segment was even on topic. It shifted to the guest's stance on immigration.

Yeah, unfortunately, I would have liked to hear more.
Why?
Her intent is clear - she does not like the term illegal immigrant. That in of itself is asinine - the term is accurate to what it is applied to.

Taboo is something that the people themselves have rejected - and the people have free reign to do this with anything at all. It has nothing to do with regulation at all.

No. That campaign appears to be centered on getting the media and journalists to stop using the word when discussing immigration.

Drop the I-Word Campaign

No.

That something might be taboo does not make it ‘illegal,’ nor does it constitute government regulation; and absent government regulation, no First Amendment violation has occurred.

The doctrine of free speech and expression in the context of private society intends for citizens to determine what speech is appropriate and what speech is not, absent unwarranted interference from government or the courts.

You think anyone actually watches a video just because you post it? :lmao:

I didn't. But maybe I should, if you're saying this woman, who I've never heard of, is literally "the government".
She is demanding the government do it. And many news services have. As to your NOT watching the video? No surprise, many like you CHOOSE to remain ignorant.

Actually I choose not to waste my time. Particularly once I see it's your thread. You can't even figure out "air" versus "cable" ---- small wonder you also can't figure out the difference between some unknown "demanding the government do it" and "the government actually doing it".
Allow me to return the favor Ni##er. Welcome to ignore.

Baby
I have put up with her pro islamic lesbian bullsh#t for a year. She does not read the OP nor watch the video. F#ck her.
And the rest of the board has had to put up with your ignorance, fear, bigotry, racism, and hate for years – proof that the right to free speech is alive and well, proof that ‘PC’ is in fact a myth.

I looked them up, they are called Race Forward. They don't appear to be advocating for government censorship...like, at all.

Drop the I-Word Campaign

Race Forward's mission is to build awareness, solutions, and leadership for racial justice by generating transformative ideas, information, and experiences. We define racial justice as the systematic fair treatment of people of all races, resulting in equitable opportunities and outcomes for all and we work to advance racial justice through media, research, and leadership development.
YOU miss the FIRST paragraph by mistake or on purpose? Here it is...
"Race Forward's Drop the I-Word campaign to eliminate use of the word “illegal” was launched in September 2010 as anti-immigrant sentiment and hate crimes against communities of color had increased. Although the Associated Press, USA Today, LA Times, and many other news outlets and journalist associations have dropped the i-word, this racial slur in still being used in the media and everyday language. And as we know, with the political season upon us, words like this can be used to divide and harm. That’s why it’s more important than ever to take the pledge to Drop the I-Word!"

THEY are calling the word ILLEGAL a hate crime and a slur. Now a hate crime can get you time in prison. I think you skipped over the FIRST paragraph on purpose. Oh and I used YOUR link!
Drop the I-Word Campaign

Forum List

Back