Peaceful protesters killed in Bahrain today

188537_197153636973051_195935867094828_608022_2476472_n.jpg

Salmania Hospital after clearance:
196493_10150158354136183_530611182_8888545_3900307_n.jpg

Bahrain Sweeps into Protest Camp; 6 Dead

bahrain_ap_0316.jpg

MANAMA, Bahrain) — Soldiers and riot police used tear gas and armored vehicles Wednesday to drive out hundreds of anti-government protesters occupying a landmark square in Bahrain's capital, a day after emergency rule was imposed in the violence-wracked Gulf kingdom. At least six people were killed, according to witnesses and officials.

The full-scale assault launched at daybreak swept into Pearl Square, which has been the center of uprising against Bahrain's rulers since it began more than a month ago. Stinging clouds of tear gas filled streets and black smoke rose from the square from the protesters' tents set ablaze.

Witnesses said at least two protesters were killed when the square was stormed. Officials at Ibn Nafees Hospital said a third protester later died from gunshot wounds in his back. The witnesses spoke on condition of anonymity because of fears of reprisals from authorities.

Meanwhile, Bahrain state TV also reported that two policemen died when they were hit by a vehicle after anti-government protesters were driven out. The Interior Ministry also at least one other policeman was killed, but did not give the cause.

It was unclear whether the offensive included soldiers from other Gulf nations who were dispatched to help Bahrain's Sunni monarchy, which has been under relentless pressure from the country's majority Shiite Muslims to give up its monopoly on power.

But state TV broadcast video showing military vehicles in the square flying Bahrain's red-and-white flag as security officials moved through the wreckage of the encampment, set up at the base of a towering monument to the country's history as a pearl diving center. The video showed the ground littered with debris, including satellite dishes and charred tent poles.

Read more: Bahrain Sweeps into Protest Camp; 6 Dead - TIME

America Govt. and UN will pay a lot to return back trust of world people. America Govt. and UN can stop this massacre before it begin but they did not stop it.

American freedom people we respect your support to us but your govt. participate in what happen in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Yemen and Bahrain.

America Govt. and UN will pay a lot to return back trust of world people. America Govt. and UN can stop this massacre before it begin but they did not stop it.

American freedom people we respect your support to us but your govt. participate in what happen in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Yemen and Bahrain.

I really wish we could help you but America has their hands tied in Iraq and Afghanistan and their ties to the Saudis dont help either.:(

horrifying stories emerging from Bahrain. It is beyond imagination. Is this 21 century?

War crimes and genocide are being commited now while the fifth fleet is watching

Unconfirmed reports that US deserted the naval base and Bahrain army seized weapons and Apaches and are using them on unarmed population

Thousands are fleeying the country, lucky if you find a plane
Saudi army snipers on buildings at intersections shooting on anything that moves

No official count of fatalities so far, it appears it is in dozens and scores of people are missing

Apache choppers shoot in discrimenately on anything that moves even in far away from the trouble in a bid to intimidate the population

Trouble spreading to the eastern province in Saudi Arabia. Several simultaneous demonstrations and vast areas of eastern province is cordoned off and look like a military zone. Live amunition sounds heard every where

The King of Saudi Arabia will have an important announcement tomorrow. It sounds that the entire Gulf area is about to unravel in war. Iran is mustering its power on the other brink of the Gulf accusing the monarchy of genocide in Bahrain. I think the next few days will determine the new geographical/political map of the region!!!

I really wish we could help you but America has their hands tied in Iraq and Afghanistan and their ties to the Saudis dont help either.:(
Besides everyone in Washington, asides from the people who believe in this 'Muslim Democracy'*, know that the moment the US claims victory the people will hate them, throw scorn upon them, burn US flags and call for the destruction of Israel...wait for it...dictatorship that tolerates the US and Israel vs Muslim democracy that wants to destroy the US and Israel. Foreign Policy wise, there must be a rational decision here, and it isn't supporting the protesters.:cuckoo:

*If you want the perfect Muslim Democracy, visit Turkey, minorities are persecuted, Christian churches are shut down, Mosques send radical islamists on flotillas, it is a regular state of civil war with the Kurds. Sounds great.

Last edited:

Besides everyone in Washington, asides from the people who believe in this 'Muslim Democracy'*, know that the moment the US claims victory the people will hate them, throw scorn upon them, burn US flags and call for the destruction of Israel...wait for it...dictatorship that tolerates the US and Israel vs Muslim democracy that wants to destroy the US and Israel. Foreign Policy wise, there must be a rational decision here, and it isn't supporting the protesters.:cuckoo:

*If you want the perfect Muslim Democracy, visit Turkey, minorities are persecuted, Christian churches are shut down, Mosques send radical islamists on flotillas, it is a regular state of civil war with the Kurds. Sounds great.

Everything you are saying is true I'm just saying from a personal perspective I hate to see people fighting for their freedom getting shot down like this, even though I know the US will not get involved physically on the ground to stop any of this.

Friends we will protest against US Govt. if they support violence on any people anywhere and we will protest against any Govt. in this world if they use violence against their population. We celebrate for Egyptian when they succeed in overthrow Hussni Mubarak just before we start our revolution.

We said no to Bin Laden when he attack America on 11 September 2011, some of extreme Sunni "Wahapia" made poll in school to send message that we support Bin Laden but we select NO.

I am not saying that to influence in your emotion. America and UN signed agreement with Bahrain to protect people in world now they can't said we can do nothing.

America is one of biggest member in UN and Security Council they can stop Bahrain Army and Saudi Army from using guns.

What you think about country removing symbol just because people use it to request their rights?
mod.php

mod.php

Iran cleric tells Bahraini Shiites to protest on

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — A senior Iranian cleric on Friday urged Bahrain's majority Shiites to keep up their protests — until death or victory — against the Sunni monarchy in the tiny island kingdom.

Bahrain has been rocked by a month long uprising of the Shiite-led opposition against its Sunni rulers. And though there are no apparent links between Bahrain's Shiite opposition and Iran's predominantly Shiite nation, the Persian Gulf leaders are concerned that political gains by Bahrain's Shiites could give Iran a stepping stone to its archrival Saudi Arabia.

Iran has denounced the deployment of a Saudi-led force from Sunni Arab allies this week to prop up the Sunni monarchy in Bahrain.

In Tehran, Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati spoke to worshippers after Friday prayers and called on "brothers and sisters" in Bahrain to "resist against the enemy until you die or win."

Jannati, a supporter to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, asked all Muslims to help the Bahraini Shiites "restore rights" and also accused the United States of being an "accomplice in all crimes."

After prayers, thousands of Iranians rallied against the crackdown in Bahraini, chanting against leaders of Bahrain and Saudi.

Iran on Wednesday recalled its ambassador from Bahrain. And on Tuesday, Tehran summoned Bahrain's charge d'affaires in Tehran to officially protest to the crackdown. The Saudi ambassador in Iran was summoned in a similar protest.

On Thursday, scores of students and clerics gathered in Tehran, angrily chanting against Saudi and Bahraini leaders outside the embassies of the two countries. The protesters blamed the United States for allegedly supporting the deployment of the 1,000-strong Saudi-led forces to Bahrain.

The Associated Press: Iran cleric tells Bahraini Shiites to protest on

Everything you are saying is true I'm just saying from a personal perspective I hate to see people fighting for their freedom getting shot down like this, even though I know the US will not get involved physically on the ground to stop any of this.
I feel sorry for them too, but even if they do achieve their freedom from one faction (Ghadaffi and the like), they will have to achieve it from others such as the military and religious radicals. The aftermath of these revolutions is unlikely to be pleasant for those groups not in the majority.

I feel sorry for them too, but even if they do achieve their freedom from one faction (Ghadaffi and the like), they will have to achieve it from others such as the military and religious radicals. The aftermath of these revolutions is unlikely to be pleasant for those groups not in the majority.

You are right and now the Iranians are supporting the protestors in Bahrain, so there is more to this than what wer seeing.

The groups no in majority will have a voice, but for those whom getting more than what they reserve now it will be unpleasant for them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back