Peaceful protesters killed in Bahrain today

My village surrounded by siege and when we start protest the riot police fire bird-gun, tear gas and some heard live ammunitions.

All villages in Bahrain are surrounded by siege and troops closed their gates from this morning as today called to be the "Day of rage" and the day of breaking the sieges that surround many villages this week.

Are the people in Bahrain able to go on with their daily life like work, school etc. or is everything choas right now?

Pics for some demonstrations today:
mod.php

mod.php

mod.php

mod.php

mod.php

mod.php

My village surrounded by siege and when we start protest the riot police fire bird-gun, tear gas and some heard live ammunitions.

All villages in Bahrain are surrounded by siege and troops closed their gates from this morning as today called to be the "Day of rage" and the day of breaking the sieges that surround many villages this week.

Good :cool:

Security forces protecting low by breaking the cars

Last edited by a moderator:
Heavy security quells Bahraini protests

20113218721811360_20.jpg

Police have broken up small scattered protests in Manama, Bahrain's capital, using tear gas after calls for a "Day of Rage" were quashed by a heavy security force presence.

Helicopters, extra checkpoints on major highways and visible security forces appeared to have prevented any major demonstrations from gathering support.

A 71-year-old man died of asphyxiation in his home after police fired tear gas in the village of Mameer, the main Shia protest group said.

Al Jazeera's correspondent in Manama said: "As far as we can see there are clouds of tear gas that have been rising in recent minutes.

"People will march down the streets and a helicopter will appear, the police will move in, and people move indoors.

"Quite a tense situation here, but the call for the big protests ... seems to have been quashed by the authorities here.

"Some protesters tried to mess with the statue and at that point the police opened fire."

At least 20 people have been killed, including two policemen, during a month of demonstrations against the Sunni-led government.

In Maameer, Wefaq, the country's leading Shia opposition group, said 71-year-old Isa Abdullah had died of suffocation as tear gas fumes leaked into his house.

"His village Mameer was attacked heavily by tear gas," said Mattar Ibrahim Mattar, the Wefaq leader. "His family called the emergency room but there was no response from Salmaniya hospital."

A statement from Wefaq said Mameer had been blockaded by police forces and a lack of hospital assistance made it impossible to revive Abdullah.

It said there was no indication he had been involved in the protests.

Wefaq, which draws tens of thousands when it calls protests, had distanced itself from Friday's of "Day of Rage".

"Wefaq affirms the need to protect safety and lives and not to give the killers the opportunity to shed blood," it said.

Heavy security quells Bahraini protests - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

Now as dust cover Bahraini protesters in groups headed to Pearl Square (Martyrs Square) coming from nearby villages and first group reach the place where the roundabout turned to traffic lights.

This is Moral Factory.

Sandstorm start at 11:00 PM and within 3 minutes the dust cover all villages and Security forces and Bahrain Saudi Army withdraw from the streets. At that time groups of protesters marching from nearby villages shooting "Allah Akber" and it make riot police and Saudi Army confused because they can't see anybody.

Good :cool:

Sunni Man is not too big on Shia?

Muslims killing Muslims is good for Sunni Man? Is that's what he's saying?

Does he think it's :cool: to have Sunni killing Shia.

Convert? I wonder.

At that time groups of protesters marching from nearby villages shooting "Allah Akber"

Aren't both sides shouting Allah Akber bareed? The soldiers do not call it out as well?

I shout "Allah Akber" but if feel i did something bad and someone shout "Allah Akber" on me i will afraid.

I shout "Allah Akber" but if feel i did something bad and someone shout "Allah Akber" on me i will afraid.

So it is used as a weapon itself? Allah Akber is shouted "On" others as a weapon? I'm not clear about this. What if both peoples are shouting it and both feel they did not do something bad?

So it is used as a weapon itself? Allah Akber is shouted "On" others as a weapon? I'm not clear about this. What if both peoples are shouting it and both feel they did not do something bad?

We shout it in the face of army and security forces and they did not have a faith and some of them not Arab or even Muslim.

Yesterday we heard one solider rape a women in Refa'a where must people their are Sunni and King Hamed living there in his palace and some of monarchy family living their.

Did you think a man have a faith can do such things?

In Bahrain the case is not about Shiite and Sunni all the demands was considered as people rights in other countries.

The security forces attack houses after midnight to arrest activists. Every night we hear about new detainees and some of them not just detained because they are contributed in marches.

5 women confirmed arrested by security forces and Saudi army 3 of them are student and 2 of them are pregnant.

Riot police firing tear gas, light bomb and sound bomb randomly inside villages 2:00 AM (11:00 PM GMT).

In Bahrain the case is not about Shiite and Sunni all the demands was considered as people rights in other countries.

I'm thinking more of wondering who the friends of the West are since both sides are yelling Allah Akber and likely both sides if polled, great portions of both sides might well call the US and Israel Satan.

Confusing.

I'm thinking more of wondering who the friends of the West are since both sides are yelling Allah Akber and likely both sides if polled, great portions of both sides might well call the US and Israel Satan.

Confusing.

Living in peace is a matter for US and us, if we broke the agreement we will not live in peace and vice versa..

US armed Bahrain Defense Forces with weapons and vehicles based on agreement that prevent how own the weapons to use it on unarmed people. Think about this.

About friendship, do you believe in enemy can become your friend?

I thought yes, if countries leaded by wisdom government.

"About friendship, do you believe in enemy can become your friend?

I thought yes, if countries leaded by wisdom government."

Yes. I agree.

It's a big "If" though bareed.

Bahrain opposition says 250 detained, 44 missing

bahrain-protests-chinanews.jpg

DUBAI (Reuters) – Bahrain's leading Shi'ite opposition party said on Monday 250 people have been detained and 44 others went missing since a security crackdown crushed weeks of protests.

The figures by Wefaq, the largest Shi'ite Muslim opposition party, has more than doubled since last week, when it counted 95 people missing or arrested.

Earlier this month, Bahrain's Sunni rulers, the al-Khalifa family, imposed martial law and called in troops from fellow Sunni-ruled Gulf neighbors, including top oil exporter Saudi Arabia, to quell weeks of unrest during pro-democracy protest led by mostly Shi'ite demonstrators.

The severity of the crackdown, which banned all public gatherings and spread masked security forces across the city to man checkpoints, stunned Bahrain's majority Shi'ites and angered the region's non-Arab Shi'ite power Iran.

Wefaq said many Bahrainis, mostly Shi'ites, are being arrested at checkpoints or in house raids. Other times, family members call up to say their relatives never came home, Wefaq member Mattar Ibrahim Mattar told Reuters by telephone.

"We have around 250 confirmed arrested and 44 who are missing, though that number fluctuates when people reappear after hiding from police," said Mattar, a parliamentarian before Wefaq resigned over the use of force against protesters.

"Just today and yesterday, we got calls from 35 families saying they lost contact with their relatives when they passed through a checkpoint," Mattar said. "We don't know what's happened to them, authorities won't say. In these conditions, we actually have to hope they were arrested."

Bahraini officials were not immediately available to comment on Wefaq's estimated number of those missing or arrested.

More than 60 percent of Bahrainis are Shi'ites and most are calling for a constitutional monarchy, but demands by hardliners for the overthrow of the monarchy have alarmed minority Sunnis, who fear unrest serves Iran, just across Gulf waters.

Wefaq says most of those who were detained or went missing were not activists, though many political leaders were arrested in the days immediately following the March 16 crackdown.

A few of those who went missing turned up dead last week, leading to angry funerals by Shi'ite residents demanding investigations into the killings.

Bahrain opposition says 250 detained, 44 missing - Yahoo! News

Grand Ayatollah Sistani condemns the Saudi and Bahrain’s force crackdown on Bahrain’s Shia , while Kuwait refuses to send troops

ayatollah-sistani-condemn-bahrain-crackdown.jpg

Expressing grave concerns about Manama’s harsh measures against unarmed civilians over the past few days, the highly influential Ayatollah Sistani emphasized Wednesday on the necessity to resolve problems in the Shia-majority country “through peaceful means,” his spokesman Hamad al-Khaffaf, told AFP.

The statement came after hundreds of Bahraini riot police and Saudi forces, backed by tanks and helicopters, attacked demonstrators in Manama’s Pearl Square, the epicenter of anti-government protests, where demonstrators have camped out for weeks, killing at least six people and injuring more than 1,000 others.

The city’s main hospital, where the injured were being treated, was also attacked by Saudi forces and everyone inside the building, including doctors and nurses, were taken hostage.

Shias around the world have condemned the brutal crackdown by the ruling Sunni dynasty.

Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Oman, and Qatar have dispatched their armed forces to crisis-hit Bahrain to assist the rulers in Manama with their brutal crackdown on nationwide protests against the Sunni-led monarchy’s persistent suppression of the majority Shia population.

Foreign military intervention in Bahrain has also concerned UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, who has called for a meaningful and broad-based national dialogue.

The UN chief also urged Bahrain’s regional neighbors and the international community to support a dialogue process and an environment conducive to credible reform in Bahrain.

Bahraini demonstrators maintain that they will hold their ground until their demands for freedom, constitutional monarchy and a voice in the government are met.

Meanwhile, hundreds of people in Iran, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Iraq and Kuwait have staged demonstrations in support of protesters in Bahrain.

Iran has recalled its ambassador to Bahrain as foreign troops join Bahraini government forces in their violent crackdown on peaceful protesters.
Following the military intervention of Saudi Arabia in Bahrain and the massacre of innocent protesters, the Islamic Republic has recalled its Ambassador to Manama Mehdi Aqa-Jafari to discuss the latest developments, according to a statement released by Iran’s foreign ministry on Wednesday.

The Bahrain Center for Human Rights (BCHR) says state-organized murder is taking place in Bahrain as foreign forces join Manama to quell ant-regime protests.
More than 1,000 Saudi Arabian troops and 500 police from the United Arab Emirates, backed by tanks and helicopters, are in the oil-rich nation of Bahrain to help crush the month-long anti-government protests.

Grand Ayatollah Sistani condemns the Saudi and Bahrain’s force crackdown on Bahrain’s Shia , while Kuwait refuses to send troops « Jafria News

Forum List

Back