🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Peacock: Mrs. Davis

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
The first four episodes of the 8 episode season of Mrs. Davis have been released on the Peacock network.

The series starts with a scientist who has been marooned for the past ten years being rescued. He asks what changes have occurred while he's been lost. A crewmember of the rescue ship tells him the world is now run by an artificial intelligence which has ended all war, poverty, and hunger.

The AI is knows as "Mrs. Davis" in the US. It's pronouns are she/her. In the UK, the AI is known as "Mum". In Italy, "Madonna".

Those who want to see the AI destroyed call the AI "It".

One of the people hellbent on destroying the AI is a nun, Simone, formerly known as Lizzie.

Simone wants to destroy the AI because it killed her father. In the first four episodes, Simone's backstory is slowly filled in, but not how her father was killed. I guess we have to wait for the final four episodes.

It helps to know something about the Catholic religion to get some of the humor and mystery in this show. For instance, all nuns are married to Jesus.

I find it strange the crosses the nuns wear are more like a plus than a cross.

The plot moves fast. Simone joins a ragtag gang of anti-AI special forces headed by a former boyfriend who insists on calling her Lizzie.

Watch the first ten minutes and see if you like it.

I am very much enjoying it.

Does it have commercials? I don't do commercials anymore.
It might. I have a Peacock subscription, so no commercials.

If there are commercials, watch it to the first commercial break and see if you want to keep going.

Anyone paying extra for a woke NBC channel should be chained & dragged.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
--HERBERT SPENCER

Forum List

Back