Pearl Harbor Pilot Dies at 106

At 106, the last remaining participant in the bombing of Pearl Harbor has died. It is shocking sometimes how close historical events really are. Apparently, the bombardier was quite contrite about his role in the attack until the end.
I remember when I was in college I used to work as a night clerk at a liquor store that was next to a Japanese restaurant.
One of the guys from the tuna factory used to walk thru the store with his Japanese Navy cap on on Dec 7th.

I always would yell "BOMBS OVER TOKYO!!!"

You'll never find a war veteran, including this former Japanese pilot, who will look back on war and be glad they were able to fight in one.

And by that I mean when you are elderly and ruminate on your time spent fighting in it. The loss of Japanese life, much self-inflicted, was just staggering.

In doing so he was among those who bear sole responsibility for setting off the chain of events that lead to his own country being nuked twice

"Sole responsibility"?
Well, obviously I also meant the Japanese generals and politicians who authorized the attack in the first place.

They’re included in the “among those”.

Pearl Harbor set off a chain of events that lead to the destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki

Well, obviously I also meant the Japanese generals and politicians who authorized the attack in the first place.

They’re included in the “among those”.

Pearl Harbor set off a chain of events that lead to the destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki

"Sole responsibility"?

Trade embargos and sanctions are not justification for a seal attack without a war declaration

We didn’t attack Japan until AFTER they attacked us

We didn’t launch military action against them until AFTER we declared war

Forum List

Back