Pearl Jam Cancel North Carolina Concert

pearl jam?...people still pay to see them?....
Yeah, a lot of people....

PEARL_JAM_CROWD_medium.jpg
wow thats a big state fair....

the hill billy cracka governor and his inbred biblethumpers are going away this year they will be whipped like the southern crackas were during the civil war in this years election

The band joins a list of high profile stars who are boycotting the state after the passage of a “Religious Liberty” law, which many see as a thinly veiled justification for business owners to discriminate against the LGBT community.

I guess you cross dressing queers will have to see them in another state.

I think perhaps people have become far too obsessed with this very small portion of our population. I do think they may be suffering from some kind of mental illness that makes them feel some type of body dysmorphic syndrome, such as anorexia. I think that a REAL transsexual is quite rare and when they go to the extremes (such has mutilating their natural and perfectly functioning genitalia) that is a mental disorder and different from just some dude who likes to dress in girl clothes. Lol. :D

Pearl who?

Pearl Jam. Guess where they came up with that from ?
I don't know, but the only album that was decent. Was their first, the rest sucked.

The first 2 were very good. The third was decent. It went downhill from there. :)

I don't care about "albums." It is the songs that really matter to me. Every album has good and bad songs (well . . . most).

Pearl who?

I don't know, but the only album that was decent. Was their first, the rest sucked.

The first 2 were very good. The third was decent. It went downhill from there. :)

I don't care about "albums." It is the songs that really matter to me. Every album has good and bad songs (well . . . most).

A good album might have a bad song on it, a bad album might have a good song on it, but I don't recall offhand any albums that were half good, half bad or anything like that.

Bands also tend to change over time, so all the songs on a given album may have a different sound than all the songs on another album. That's particularly true when members change.

the hill billy cracka governor and his inbred biblethumpers are going away this year they will be whipped like the southern crackas were during the civil war in this years election

The band joins a list of high profile stars who are boycotting the state after the passage of a “Religious Liberty” law, which many see as a thinly veiled justification for business owners to discriminate against the LGBT community.

Both sides, of course, have the right to do what they have done.

And Pearl Jam? LOL

Pearl who?

A good album might have a bad song on it, a bad album might have a good song on it, but I don't recall offhand any albums that were half good, half bad or anything like that.

Bands also tend to change over time, so all the songs on a given album may have a different sound than all the songs on another album. That's particularly true when members change.

I disagree. On just about every album (of my favorite artists), there are songs I like and dislike.

Nobody cares.
These are one time political statements.
Money talks. They'll get over it...
BTW, Houston has a similar ordinance. They had the NCAA Final Four....Nobody is cancelling shit there....

I hear Cirque du Soleil has canceled three shows in NC... But they are still scheduled to appear in Dubai... Where the penalty for homosexuality is death.

Doesn't that strike any of you as somewhat hypocritical?

You know, if a group or artist or whatever wants to punish their fans for something they had no control over, that's fine. Just be consistent. Is that too much to ask?
In left wing politics, there is always hypocrisy

I hear Cirque du Soleil has canceled three shows in NC... But they are still scheduled to appear in Dubai... Where the penalty for homosexuality is death.

Doesn't that strike any of you as somewhat hypocritical?

You know, if a group or artist or whatever wants to punish their fans for something they had no control over, that's fine. Just be consistent. Is that too much to ask?
In left wing politics, there is always hypocrisy

Or . . . they don't care about Dubai, but care about what is happening in their own country, which they can partake in.

Forum List

Back