🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pelosi Suggests Delaying State of the Union

I stand corrected, they yearly is more of a tradition than a requirement, however the point stands the Speaker of the House can't prevent the President from speaking at the House.

Sure she can. She can't prevent him from speaking to the nation, nothing requires that she allow him to speak on the floor of the House. Just like she can't be admitted to the Oval Office without his permission.

He can speak from the Oval Office, live on TV, and sent a copy of the video to Congress. Or he can send a report in writing.

.>>>>

***Mods, please move this to the appropriate “catch all forum” if necessary. I don’t know if you guys are still doing that or not****

In a letter, House Speaker Pelosi asked the President to re-consider the date for the SOTU.

View attachment 240444

Terrible idea.

Eh,

I dunno. I say cancel the state of the union. put the TSA agents on 4 day work weeks this week. 3 next, 2 the following. Same for NASA, the NSA, Homeland, the Military. As long as folks are calling this a shut down lets make it mean shut down.

no

Your response is elegant.

Can we start using another term for the shutdown then?

Slavery for essential employee days?

Wind down?

Small government month?

Shutting down more of the government is as dumb an idea as shutting down part of the government.

I did see where some folks (on Twitter) are toying with the idea of having “targeted walk outs” of TSA agents at major airports in red states as a way of putting pressure on the lawmakers from those states.

Whether there is any truth to that; I don’t know. But it would be interesting to see what voters in Georgia think of 9 hour delays at Hartsfield or 6 hour delays in Phoenix. They miss their flights home to see their parents or miss their connector out of Salt Lake due to the shutdown.

I don’t think anyone in line can blame the TSA workers for not working while not getting paid. Also I think these are the types of people who will be very vocal with their congress critters.
They would just bring in local PD to do the checks while the TSA agents were listed as AWOL from work. They could be fired for the action.

Doubtful that the local PD would assume those duties.

As I recall hearing, federal workers can’t be fired…so which is it?

***Mods, please move this to the appropriate “catch all forum” if necessary. I don’t know if you guys are still doing that or not****

In a letter, House Speaker Pelosi asked the President to re-consider the date for the SOTU.

View attachment 240444

Terrible idea.
Why would the speaker NOT want the President to deliver the State of the Union during a government shutdown if such shutdown was a slam dunk for the speaker and a huge disaster for the President?

Methinks Pelosi has some polling figures that she does not like.

:dunno:

But I am just speculating.

Its a dumb idea to start with; citing security concerns makes it dumber still.

View attachment 240444

Terrible idea.
Why would the speaker NOT want the President to deliver the State of the Union during a government shutdown if such shutdown was a slam dunk for the speaker and a huge disaster for the President?

Methinks Pelosi has some polling figures that she does not like.

:dunno:

But I am just speculating.
Maybe Maxine told Nancy Donald needed a good slap up the side of his head, so, Nancy bitch slapped him to appease Maxine.

Pelosi and her pet dog democrats are terrified that Trump is going to spank their bare butts in public. They don't want him heard - at all.

I stand corrected, they yearly is more of a tradition than a requirement, however the point stands the Speaker of the House can't prevent the President from speaking at the House.

Sure she can. She can't prevent him from speaking to the nation, nothing requires that she allow him to speak on the floor of the House. Just like she can't be admitted to the Oval Office without his permission.

He can speak from the Oval Office, live on TV, and sent a copy of the video to Congress. Or he can send a report in writing.

.>>>>
------------------------------------------- my OPINION is that the Audience for the Address is the American people rather than Congress WWatcher .

------------------------------------------- my OPINION is that the Audience for the Address is the American people rather than Congress WWatcher .

OK, I have no problem with that. Everyone is free to have an opinion.

However, Constitutionally under Article II Section 3 the audience is Congress. Nothing in the Constitution mandates that the President physically speak to Congress and until about 1912 the State of the Union was delivered to the Congress in writing.

And no one said the President can't deliver his address to the American people. Setup a camera in the Oval Office, deliver the speech live to the American people and then send either a transcript of the speech or a video of the speech to Congress.

.>>>>

No standing ovations for Donnie, unless his minions are dopey enough to stand in front of the television while he recites his report from the Oval Office.

Pelosi demands Trump postpone State of the Union address
Call her bluff. Hold an event elsewhere attended by Angel Families, police officers, Border Patrol agents, and all the other people Democrats hate, and invite whoever from Congress wants to attend.
Chris Cillizza of CNN called it “a major power move“:
Make no mistake: Pelosi’s decision to disinvite Trump from delivering his “State of the Union” address to Congress is a total power play designed to remind Trump that a) Congress is a co-equal branch of government and b) his willingness to keep the government shuttered until he gets money for a border wall is going to have impacts on him, too.
Just in case you missed that message, Pelosi delivered it again in an interview with CNN’s Ashley Killough. “This is a housekeeping matter in the Congress of the United States, so we can honor the responsibility of the invitation we extended to the President,” said Pelosi. “He can make it from the Oval Office if he wants.”

~~~~~~
Trump should definitely move forward with the state of the union and hopefully the Dems will be no-shows. Plan the SOTU as usual, if Pelosi balks, holding the State of the Union address in the Senate chamber would rub Pelosi’s face in her spiteful decision. That would elevate the Senate as being the relevant part of the legislature and decrease the power and visibility of the House.
The Senate chamber is smaller, so there will have to be some cuts made in attendance. Of course, you admit all the Senators, and the police officers, and Border Patrol agents, etc. But the House dis-invited the President, so they are just guests of the Senate. Let Mitch McConnell decide which of those guests to invite.
Another scenario might be, send a copy of the SOTU to Congress…then organize one of his super rallies at a big venue, and give it in front of a crowd. The optics would be amazing and undoubtedly Schumer, Pelosi and their lemmings would be in an uproar.

President Trump knows history, and this is his Read my Lips moment. HW Bush was tricked into raising taxes, the liberals promised him the world if Bush would just abandon his campaign promise not to punish the people with higher taxes.

HW believed him, and as soon as it was done, the libs used it effectively against him. In the 1992 elections, HW only received 37% of the vote, less than Herbert Freaking Hoover in 1932. America elected its most extremist president in history to that point.​

The White House's response to getting owned by Nancy Pelosi on the State of the Union is... posting a clip from Fox News. That's it.

No standing ovations for Donnie, unless his minions are dopey enough to stand in front of the television while he recites his report from the Oval Office.

Why would President Trump deliver such a speech from the Oval Office? Doing it as a major stadium in front of the people in living color is Trump's way of doing things. And it won't be "read" at all, but instead delivered in Trump's patented "Stream of Consciousness" style where he stands in front of the podium talking.

She's not silencing him. She suggested he revert to the original SOTU, format which is the President put the address in a letter to Congress and they can publish it and the American people can read it.

It takes a lot of security and government workers to set up and broadcast the SOTU, and Nancy refuses to use unpaid labour to give the President this wonderful forum. Her House, her invitation.
First of all, it's not HER house, it belongs to the American people, and don't forget it. Second, the reason she doesn't want him to give it on prime time tv is because she's afraid of him making his case for a wall more effectively than she can make a case against it. She wants him to be heard by as few people as possible while the msm soak the airwaves with her and Chuck's propaganda. You know it and I know it, so don't give me that crap about unpaid labor. She doesn't give a shit about the people not getting paid. She could end this shutdown in 5 minutes if she wanted to.
LOLOL

He already made his case on national TV.... how’d that work out for him?

:abgg2q.jpg:
Well, seeing as how support for the wall has increased, I would say it's working out ok. Nancy knows it too.
LOLOL

And by growing support, you mean there’s still not a poll out there which shows a majority of people want the wall....

Immigration
I meant exactly what I said, not what you want to THINK I said. Are you stupid or something?
LOL

You must have meant what I postedsince there’s nothing to support what you posted.

President Trump knows history, and this is his Read my Lips moment. HW Bush was tricked into raising taxes, the liberals promised him the world if Bush would just abandon his campaign promise not to punish the people with higher taxes.

HW believed him, and as soon as it was done, the libs used it effectively against him. In the 1992 elections, HW only received 37% of the vote, less than Herbert Freaking Hoover in 1932. America elected its most extremist president in history to that point.​
...and re-elected him over and over. Four times to be exact.

Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-SC) on Speaker Pelosi's letter: "I don't think we ought to conduct ourselves that way."

DHS and the Secret Service just called Nancy Pelosi a big fat liar. They have been working on the security for months and are ready for the SOTU. Furthermore, Pelosi never even bother to check with them before sending the letter to Trump.

The POTUS had two years of full control of Congress and did not push for the wall...he waited till the Dems held the House...why is that?
Again, that's simply not true. He has been pushing the smart fence since day one of his presidency, and he tried to reason with the Democrats to no avail, so we now have a shutdown that will last until support for the smart fence, which is steadily growing, forces the Democrats to seek a face saving way of backing down.
Then why didn’t he want the $25 billion Democrats offered him a year ago?
From the first days of his administration, Trump stated that he wanted to find a fair resolution to the so called "Dreamers" and he offered to give them and many more illegals who are already here a path to citizenship in exchange for funding for the fence, but the Democrats insisted he also abandon his plans for immigration reform as a condition for the funding, and that he refused to do. The President laid out his proposal in a State of the Union address, so if all the Democrats wanted was a path to citizenship for the "dreamers" the deal would have been done over a year ago.
Actually, what trump wanted to do was to gut legal immigration...

Trump’s swap: Citizenship for 1.8 million Dreamers, legal immigration gutted
Hardly, what he wants to do was to allow people in to who had skills or talents that the US needed and keep people out who had nothing the American people needed and he wants to limit chain immigration to the immediate families of people who were admitted on their own merits rather than allow one green card holder to sponsor hundreds of people who would not otherwise qualify.

If you believe America is responsible for taking care of all the world's poor, then you support the Democrats' opposition to the President' immigration reforms, but if you believe the responsibility of the US government is to protect the interests of the American people, then you support the President's immigration reforms.
”Hardly...”

LOL

I posted what he wanted to do, which he and Democrats could not agree on.

Oh well, he could have had his wall and $25 billion. Now he gets nothing. Immigration stays as it was anyway, he gets $0 billions, he gets no wall and now he gets to stew in a government shutdown that he owns.

Nancy Pelosi is just bitch slapping Doofus Donald and giving the immature little-spoiled brat a lesson in American Constitutional government.
No, Nancy Pelosi just confirmed the Democrats have nothing to offer the American people but lame political gestures.
Under her leadership and guidance, the House of Representatives has passed eight (8) legislative bills to end the shutdown or portions of the shutdown and passed them on to the Senate for action. Sen. McConnell has refused to allow them to be voted on even though all accounts and reports indicate they would pass if voted on.
And until the Democrats finally begin to behave responsibly in the interests of the American people on border security, their spending bills will continue to fail.

Forum List

Back