🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pelosi Suggests Delaying State of the Union

Why should Trump cramp his pants over the SOTU address? He probably prefers a delay until the shutdown is resolved anyway.

I doubt he really cares about the speech, but he's not used to people telling him he can't do what he wants. This is her way of saying fuck you.

Except that you, and others, apparently can't even read basic English, Pelosi didn't cancel the SOTU, because she can't , The President decides when and if he will address Congress not the other way around, and oh yeah the COTUS REQUIRES the POTUS to address Congress each year.

Not exactly. She can and did say it wouldn't happen in the House, where it is usually given. He can pick another place if he wants. The president is required to report to congress from time to time. Until Woodrow Wilson, it was always done in writing.

A) False, she REQUESTED that Trump change either the date or the venue. She can't stop him from coming to Congress PERIOD. Read the damn letter she sent Trump. She REQUESTED a delay or a change of avenue.

Also , a lie when you claim the speech was never given in person until Woodrow Wilson. Both Washington and John Adams gave the SOTUS in person, Thomas Jefferson began the practice of giving it in writing.

Just stop lying.

Jefferson stuttered.

That's also why we don't have any recordings of him giving a speech! :D

Pelosi has requested that the State of the Union be postponed - Trump can go ahead with it, and he should. The Union doesn't cease to exist because non-essential government workers are affected by a shutdown. Most people aren't - so this is just a way to try to embroil everyone in the Dems hostage scheme.

Trump should hold a big rally and give the State of the Union at there - and be quite frank that the shutdown is being prolonged by the Dems' refusal to allocate $5.7B to border security out of $4.4T we spend annually. He should contrast that with the amount of money that will be spent on non-essential backpay when the government reopens - or the savings that will result if he goes ahead with a permanent Reduction in Force after the 30th day (which the law allows him to do).
And for diiner he can get 1000 burgers at MacDonalds to serve

That will be added to the economy in a few weeks. The payments don't go away, they are deferred.

Thats not the case for those that were furloughed. Also, once people are back to work they are a month behind - a month of productivity loss will absolutely show up in GDP.

A month of productivity? As if.

View attachment 240453

Ignorance on display.

Pretty sure it was a selfie that boedicca posted. He assumes because he is a lazy ass so is everyone else.

^^^ Diagnosis: Terminal Projection ^^^

You're not too bright, swampy - or you would know that I am a gal. Although, considering how confused you are about gender and pretty much everything that is reality based, I shouldn't expect much from you.

How the fuck would I know you are a gal?

A lie...I posted the article yesterday and it’s illogical.

It is not illogical.

There are roughly 800,000 people not getting paid right now.

Assuming their average salary is 50 grand a year, that is $769,230,769 per week that is not being added to the economy.

That will be added to the economy in a few weeks. The payments don't go away, they are deferred.

Thats not the case for those that were furloughed. Also, once people are back to work they are a month behind - a month of productivity loss will absolutely show up in GDP.

A month of productivity? As if.

View attachment 240453

View attachment 240455

This is an example of how the Status Quo has set things up to hold the country hostage. Homeland Security functions such as border control and the Coast Guard should be essential services that are funded. Ask Congress why they did't fund them.

They can cancel all of them forever as far as I am concerned.

Nothing but a pathetic waste of time where the sitting POTUS gets to lie through his/her teeth about what a wonderful job he/she has done.

EVERY POTUS who has ever run a deficit during peacetime is a FUCKING, PATHETIC POTUS.

And EVERY POTUS who has ever sent US troops into battle/attack other countries without first declaring a state of war against the country is a FUCKING, PATHETIC POTUS.

And EVERY POTUS who EVER bailed out a bank/corporation (or let the Fed do it - and they have) during peacetime is a FUCKING, PATHETIC POTUS.

There is my State of the Union.

Last edited:
Agree. This is getting good. Too bad he doesn't take advice from Mitch & Lindsay, he'd stand a better shot at winning. Nancy and Chuck don't care what happens to the country as long as they think they are winning with their base.

Getting good???

Idiot, this shutdown is contracting our economy by 0.1% GDP evey week (administration's own estimate)

It is not illogical.

Assuming their average salary is 50 grand a year, that is $769,230,769 per week that is not being added to the economy.
As opposed to the 100 billion we’re giving to law breakers.
I’m sure you’re suffering terribly.
We’ll survive.

The two are unrelated. But you lack the basic intelligence to understand that.
And yet another ad hominem from the smartest man alive.
I notice no problems in Nassau County.

Getting good???

Idiot, this shutdown is contracting our economy by 0.1% GDP evey week (administration's own estimate)

It is not illogical.

We’ll survive.

With your head that far up Trump's ass how could you ever notice anything?

This is an example of how the Status Quo has set things up to hold the country hostage. Homeland Security functions such as border control and the Coast Guard should be essential services that are funded. Ask Congress why they did't fund them.

because neither them nor the POTUS give a fuck, it is all about politics and winning the pushing contest at recess.

because neither them nor the POTUS give a fuck, it is all about politics and winning the pushing contest at recess.

Oh blah blah blah so sleepy.....zzzz

Fakey

It is not illogical.

We’ll survive.

So millions of unemployed and under-employed Americans can just fuck off.
You really are an asshole.

Fakey
get your head out of Trump's ass and get some oxygen and you would not be so sleepy

It is not illogical.

We’ll survive.

1hw27b.jpg

Fakey
get your head out of Trump's ass and get some oxygen and you would not be so sleepy
Aren’t You going to tell us how this shutdown will never affect your financial status?

We’ll survive.

1hw27b.jpg
So no Americans have been replaced by illegals.
You are a special type of dumb aristocrat.

Fakey
Aren’t You going to tell us how this shutdown will never affect your financial status?

This shutdown does affect my financial status. I work in the Ag industry and they are getting hosed greatly and will soon have even less money to pay companies like mine.

That's not quite true. The President has provided cogent arguments in support of the smart fence and the Democrats have provided nothing of substance to support their opposition to it. In fact, the Democrats did not take a hard turn against it until Trump was nominated.

Fakey

This shutdown does affect my financial status. I work in the Ag industry and they are getting hosed greatly and will soon have even less money to pay companies like mine.
How delicious!
I hope your snobby financial ass gets reamed.

Fakey

The Dems, Progs and other NeverTrumpers are desperate for the shutdown to be painful to Normal Americans. In RealityLand, with the exception of a few functions that are being held hostage by the Dems (Coast Guard, Border Security)...most people will actually find that they don't need what these non-essential functions are doing. The real purpose of those non-essential functions is to expand the bureaucracy and increase the tax yoke on Normal People.

Forum List

Back