🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pelosi Suggests Delaying State of the Union

House Speaker Pelosi is bitch slapping President Trump by trying to revoke his invitation to make his State of the Union Address in person and in front of Congress.
How about she works for the people in the shutdown and picks them over the illegals and stops showboating.
She IS working for the American people. The majority of whom don’t want to spend another dime rebuilding the border walls & fences.

***Mods, please move this to the appropriate “catch all forum” if necessary. I don’t know if you guys are still doing that or not****

In a letter, House Speaker Pelosi asked the President to re-consider the date for the SOTU.

View attachment 240444

Terrible idea.

Why would the government shutdown require postponing the State of the Union? Last time I checked, both the President and the House of Representatives were considered "essential government functions" and therefore still getting paid, so why can't they do their jobs?

This is an example of how the Status Quo has set things up to hold the country hostage. Homeland Security functions such as border control and the Coast Guard should be essential services that are funded. Ask Congress why they did't fund them.

because neither them nor the POTUS give a fuck, it is all about politics and winning the pushing contest at recess.
That's not quite true. The President has provided cogent arguments in support of the smart fence and the Democrats have provided nothing of substance to support their opposition to it. In fact, the Democrats did not take a hard turn against it until Trump was nominated.

The POTUS had two years of full control of Congress and did not push for the wall...he waited till the Dems held the House...why is that?

House Speaker Pelosi is bitch slapping President Trump by trying to revoke his invitation to make his State of the Union Address in person and in front of Congress.

Yes, well, if she wants to be petty and say, "Well, you're not invited to come address us", then he always has the option of saying, "The Constitution doesn't require me to deliver it in person, so here it is", then publish the damned thing.

This is an example of how the Status Quo has set things up to hold the country hostage. Homeland Security functions such as border control and the Coast Guard should be essential services that are funded. Ask Congress why they did't fund them.

because neither them nor the POTUS give a fuck, it is all about politics and winning the pushing contest at recess.

Oh blah blah blah so sleepy.....zzzz

Fakey
get your head out of Trump's ass and get some oxygen and you would not be so sleepy
Aren’t You going to tell us how this shutdown will never affect your financial status?

The Dems, Progs and other NeverTrumpers are desperate for the shutdown to be painful to Normal Americans. In RealityLand, with the exception of a few functions that are being held hostage by the Dems (Coast Guard, Border Security)...most people will actually find that they don't need what these non-essential functions are doing. The real purpose of those non-essential functions is to expand the bureaucracy and increase the tax yoke on Normal People.

The shutdown should be painful for normal Americans. But Trump will make sure that does not happen that is why each week more and more people are being called back to work (with their pay deferred :113:) and are suddenly "essential",

Fakey
get your head out of Trump's ass and get some oxygen and you would not be so sleepy
Aren’t You going to tell us how this shutdown will never affect your financial status?

This shutdown does affect my financial status. I work in the Ag industry and they are getting hosed greatly and will soon have even less money to pay companies like mine.
How delicious!
I hope your snobby financial ass gets reamed.

Having sexual fantasies about me again?

It is telling that you are cool with farmers getting fucked over just to get back at me!

Problem is I have a nest-egg large enough to last me a good long time if that happened (plus a military retirement and a wife who works).

most farmers are one bad year away from bankruptcy.

Fakey

This shutdown does affect my financial status. I work in the Ag industry and they are getting hosed greatly and will soon have even less money to pay companies like mine.
How delicious!
I hope your snobby financial ass gets reamed.

Having sexual fantasies about me again?
Yes.

They can cancel all of them forever as far as I am concerned.

Nothing but a pathetic waste of time where the sitting POTUS gets to lie through his/her teeth about what a wonderful job he/she has done.

EVERY POTUS who has ever run a deficit during peacetime is a FUCKING, PATHETIC POTUS.

And EVERY POTUS who has ever sent US troops into battle without first declaring a state of war against the country those troops are fighting against/occupying is a FUCKING, PATHETIC POTUS.

And EVERY POTUS who EVER bailed out a bank/corporation (or let the Fed do it - and they have) during peacetime is a FUCKING, PATHETIC POTUS.

There is my State of the Union.

The President doesn't set budgets, doesn't declare war , and doesn't pass law.

You're not very bright are you.

Fakey

The Dems, Progs and other NeverTrumpers are desperate for the shutdown to be painful to Normal Americans. In RealityLand, with the exception of a few functions that are being held hostage by the Dems (Coast Guard, Border Security)...most people will actually find that they don't need what these non-essential functions are doing. The real purpose of those non-essential functions is to expand the bureaucracy and increase the tax yoke on Normal People.

The shutdown should be painful for normal Americans. But Trump will make sure that does not happen that is why each week more and more people are being called back to work (with their pay deferred :113:) and are suddenly "essential",

No, you WANT it to be painful to Normal Americans. But here is what you forget: most Normal Americans pay far more into the system than they get out of it. Shutting down the government doesn't impact our daily lives. Hence your desperation to find ways to do so.

That's not quite true. The President has provided cogent arguments in support of the smart fence and the Democrats have provided nothing of substance to support their opposition to it. In fact, the Democrats did not take a hard turn against it until Trump was nominated.

The POTUS had two years of full control of Congress and did not push for the wall...he waited till the Dems held the House...why is that?
His attitude changed after Democrats won the House and his base realized he blew his chance at fulfilling one of his biggest campaign promises.

Once they got vocal, like Ann Coulter, he dug his heels in.

Pelosi cannot cancel the state of the union. She's afraid that Trump will use this national stage to dump all over Democrats.

Nancy. Do the right thing. Fund the wall. Open the government.
The Speaker cannot cancel the SOTU report....but I bet she can say they can't use the House chamber. Tho, I don't think she should do that. If tiny trump stays on teleprompter, he will put everyone to sleep....if he goes off the rails, we all get entertained.

No, you WANT it to be painful to Normal Americans. But here is what you forget: most Normal Americans pay far more into the system than they get out of it. Shutting down the government doesn't impact our daily lives. Hence your desperation to find ways to do so.

Yet Trump keeps calling back more and more government workers to make sure your lives are not impacted. Why bother if they have no impact?

Nothing but a pathetic waste of time where the sitting POTUS gets to lie through his/her teeth about what a wonderful job he/she has done.

EVERY POTUS who has ever run a deficit during peacetime is a FUCKING, PATHETIC POTUS.

And EVERY POTUS who has ever sent US troops into battle without first declaring a state of war against the country those troops are fighting against/occupying is a FUCKING, PATHETIC POTUS.

And EVERY POTUS who EVER bailed out a bank/corporation (or let the Fed do it - and they have) during peacetime is a FUCKING, PATHETIC POTUS.

Actually since 2001 when Congress abdicated their Constitutional duties and gave the Executive branch an open ended Authorization to Use Military Force...the president does pretty much declare war.

Yet Trump keeps calling back more and more government workers to make sure your lives are not impacted. Why bother if they have no impact?

Jeebus you are dense. I already mentioned that some essential workers were included in the Non-Essentials by Congress in order to have hostages. The Coast Guard, border security, and tax administration should not be held hostage to the shutdown. The Dems are using them to try to punish Trump - which is why Pelosi is desperate for him to not give the State of the Union in which he will no doubt explain what the Dems are doing.

Actually since 2001 when Congress abdicated their Constitutional duties and gave the Executive branch an open ended Authorization to Use Military Force...the president does pretty much declare war.

Can't argue that point.

There are many other venues he can use for the SOTU speech.

One hopes the Democrats continue to disrupt the government. It will give him every excuse he needs.

Jeebus you are dense. I already mentioned that some essential workers were included in the Non-Essentials by Congress in order to have hostages. The Coast Guard, border security, and tax administration should not be held hostage to the shutdown. The Dems are using them to try to punish Trump - which is why Pelosi is desperate for him to not give the State of the Union in which he will no doubt explain what the Dems are doing.

Everything should be "held hostage" to the shutdown so that our elected official would do their fucking job.

Shutdowns are childish and cost the county billions of dollars...yet sheep like you cheer for them because they make your little clit hard.

Make it painful and the outcry from the voters would force Congress and the POTUS do to their jobs...but that would never do for people like you.

There are many other venues he can use for the SOTU speech.

One hopes the Democrats continue to disrupt the government. It will give him every excuse he needs.

His best bet would be to do it via Twitter...

Trump reply...."GFY".....

Not sure how true it is but the way I have always heard that it worked was that the Speaker has to invite the President as the ranking Congressional officer. So she could withdraw the invitation for what we know to be the STOU; that would be another stupid idea.

But the President isn’t in a position of saying GFY.

I do think the President could force the Congress to re-convene; not sure about the in-person address at the same time though.

Elect a clown, get a circus.

Actually, the President IS in the position of saying, "GFY". For much of our history, the SOTU wasn't a speech delivered in person; it was just a letter the President wrote up and sent over to Congress. Him doing it in person is as much a courtesy to Congress as them issuing the invitation is a courtesy to him.

So if she wants to be petty and silly about this, he very much has the ability to say, "I'm going to do my job, even if you're too busy vacationing to do yours", and address the American people directly, then send them a printed transcript of it.

View attachment 240448
Nancy Pelosi to Trump: Reschedule State of the Union or just submit it in writing

Looks like Nancy is playing hardball. I wonder how Trump will respond after he craps his pants and sends out a dozen tweets.

I'm all for doing away with the State of the Union.

It is nothing more than an opportunity for propagandizing and silly camera shots of feigned support or opposition.

The less we have to see and hear these people the better.
You can't get rid of the SOTU....you can, however not make it a speech on TV.

Forum List

Back