🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pelosi Suggests Delaying State of the Union

The Speaker cannot cancel the SOTU report....but I bet she can say they can't use the House chamber. Tho, I don't think she should do that. If tiny trump stays on teleprompter, he will put everyone to sleep....if he goes off the rails, we all get entertained.

A leading US Senator this morning stated that Pelosi is a big fat liar, there are no security concerns regarding the SOTU. Neither the capital police or president Trump's security are part of the government shutdown. She's a big fat liar like most Democrats.

There are many other venues he can use for the SOTU speech.

One hopes the Democrats continue to disrupt the government. It will give him every excuse he needs.
Billy He's known as a lying turd His ass is jealous of the shit coming from his mouth.....and most people know it

They can cancel all of them forever as far as I am concerned.

Nothing but a pathetic waste of time where the sitting POTUS gets to lie through his/her teeth about what a wonderful job he/she has done.

EVERY POTUS who has ever run a deficit during peacetime is a FUCKING, PATHETIC POTUS.

And EVERY POTUS who has ever sent US troops into battle without first declaring a state of war against the country those troops are fighting against/occupying is a FUCKING, PATHETIC POTUS.

And EVERY POTUS who EVER bailed out a bank/corporation (or let the Fed do it - and they have) during peacetime is a FUCKING, PATHETIC POTUS.

There is my State of the Union.

The President doesn't set budgets, doesn't declare war , and doesn't pass law.

You're not very bright are you.

No...it's you that seems none too bright on this.

1) The first step in the budget procedure is the President submits the budget to Congress and then he has to sign the final budget (unless congress overrides him/her)...DUH.

'In the first step of the annual U.S. federal budget process, the President of the United States formulates and submits a budget request for the upcoming fiscal year to Congress.'

About the President's Annual Federal Government Budget Request
US Federal Budget Process - The Spending Bills

2) The President can attack foreign countries without congressional approval...DUH.

That is why America had troops in over 100 hundred countries in the world in 2014.

Why Are US Special Operations Forces Deployed in Over 100 Countries?

That is why Trump attacked Syria with missiles without Congressional approval (which I disagreed with).

That is why Obama could send troops into Pakistan to kill bin Laden without Congressional approval (not that I blame him for this one).

That is why Obama could carry out despicable 'double-tap' drone strikes in foreign, sovereign nations without Congressional approval.

3) And my government tested IQ is 124-126 - that is a 95% percentile. No genius - but hardly 'not very bright'.

So you are wrong again.

You were 0 for 3 on that post.

Last edited:
This is an example of how the Status Quo has set things up to hold the country hostage. Homeland Security functions such as border control and the Coast Guard should be essential services that are funded. Ask Congress why they did't fund them.

because neither them nor the POTUS give a fuck, it is all about politics and winning the pushing contest at recess.
That's not quite true. The President has provided cogent arguments in support of the smart fence and the Democrats have provided nothing of substance to support their opposition to it. In fact, the Democrats did not take a hard turn against it until Trump was nominated.

The POTUS had two years of full control of Congress and did not push for the wall...he waited till the Dems held the House...why is that?
Again, that's simply not true. He has been pushing the smart fence since day one of his presidency, and he tried to reason with the Democrats to no avail, so we now have a shutdown that will last until support for the smart fence, which is steadily growing, forces the Democrats to seek a face saving way of backing down.

View attachment 240448
Nancy Pelosi to Trump: Reschedule State of the Union or just submit it in writing

Looks like Nancy is playing hardball. I wonder how Trump will respond after he craps his pants and sends out a dozen tweets.

I'm all for doing away with the State of the Union.

It is nothing more than an opportunity for propagandizing and silly camera shots of feigned support or opposition.

The less we have to see and hear these people the better.

The constitution requires a report to congress from time to time. Nothing says it has to be a televised speech from the House. It was always in writing until Woodrow Wilson.

Well, Woodrow Wilson served as President from 1913 to 1921, televisions were invented in 1927....that may be why it was always in writing.
You forget radio, it seems.

Gawd forbid Trump gets an hour or so to condemn AND poke fun at the Democrats on network TV. :auiqs.jpg:

Pelosi asks Trump to reschedule SOTU because of the shutdown

Exactly, they are afraid what it will do to their cause...the Boomerang effect is alive and well....the shutdown is going unnoticed by almost all Americans..... and more Americans are waking up to the waves of illegals who are marching to our border...

Yup. Especially with another 15,000 headed our way. That's what people are seeing and most couldn't care less about the shutdown.

Only an idiot like Pelousy would request the SOTU be postponed. She's and Schmucker have a lot to answer for.

Hope Trumps State of the Union addresses what the gruesome twosome have done.

This is an example of how the Status Quo has set things up to hold the country hostage. Homeland Security functions such as border control and the Coast Guard should be essential services that are funded. Ask Congress why they did't fund them.

because neither them nor the POTUS give a fuck, it is all about politics and winning the pushing contest at recess.
That's not quite true. The President has provided cogent arguments in support of the smart fence and the Democrats have provided nothing of substance to support their opposition to it. In fact, the Democrats did not take a hard turn against it until Trump was nominated.

The POTUS had two years of full control of Congress and did not push for the wall...he waited till the Dems held the House...why is that?
His attitude changed after Democrats won the House and his base realized he blew his chance at fulfilling one of his biggest campaign promises.

Once they got vocal, like Ann Coulter, he dug his heels in.
If you could count, you would have realized there was no chance of getting the funding through Congress with the Democrats opposing it.

Gawd forbid Trump gets an hour or so to condemn AND poke fun at the Democrats on network TV. :auiqs.jpg:

Exactly, they are afraid what it will do to their cause...the Boomerang effect is alive and well....the shutdown is going unnoticed by almost all Americans..... and more Americans are waking up to the waves of illegals who are marching to our border...

Yup. Especially with another 15,000 headed our way. That's what people are seeing and most couldn't care less about the shutdown.

Only an idiot like Pelousy would request the SOTU be postponed. She's and Schmucker have a lot to answer for.

I hope he does the State of the Union in a HYUUUGE stadium filled with cheering people.

Your trump pos still hasn't gotten over the ridicule Obama rained down on him I can still see the POS sitting there clenching his teeth

I hope he does the State of the Union in a HYUUUGE stadium filled with cheering people.

True...no one says he has to appear in Congress....he can send a written copy to the idiots in Congress, and then hold a huge rally where he delivers the State of the Union to the actual people of the country...

View attachment 240448
Nancy Pelosi to Trump: Reschedule State of the Union or just submit it in writing

Looks like Nancy is playing hardball. I wonder how Trump will respond after he craps his pants and sends out a dozen tweets.

I'm all for doing away with the State of the Union.

It is nothing more than an opportunity for propagandizing and silly camera shots of feigned support or opposition.

The less we have to see and hear these people the better.

The constitution requires a report to congress from time to time. Nothing says it has to be a televised speech from the House. It was always in writing until Woodrow Wilson.

Well, Woodrow Wilson served as President from 1913 to 1921, televisions were invented in 1927....that may be why it was always in writing.
You forget radio, it seems.

I did, Dog Boy didn't mention radio.

True...no one says he has to appear in Congress....he can send a written copy to the idiots in Congress, and then hold a huge rally where he delivers the State of the Union to the actual people of the country...

Exactly! Of course, the LameStream media will try to ignore it - but Normal People will pay attention.

Your trump pos still hasn't gotten over the ridicule Obama rained down on him I can still see the POS sitting there clenching his teeth

Who is this..."obama" person you are talking about. I know there was a guy who was President before Trump...he had a funny sounding name...but Trump essentially fixed everything that mope did, and he is pretty much forgotten about......is that who you meant....?

Trump reply...."GFY".....

The Speaker invites the President to the House for the State of the Union address. The Speaker is NOT inviting the President to a public televised event. There is no way she's going to give the orange shitstain is going to walk into HER House, and have a platform to speak to the nation, and in a grand spectacle.

Trump loves spectacle. It plays to his vanity to be seen as "presidential". She's just pulled the football out from under him.

Someone had the idea a while back of getting rid of the whole congressional address for the SOTU. Have a stage where the President can give a presentation with screens and multi media. Essentially what Tim Cook and Steve Jobs did when they launched the IPHONE.

I like the idea myself. I always thought it was sort of stupid to have a location that couldn’t house all of the people of the federal government.

I would take that idea further and send Congress home, they don't need to be congregated in DC, they can do all the vast majority of their business over the internet.

Not sure about that. Considering many are over 70, I don’t think they would do that well with technology.

They have their staffers do everything else for them.

Who is this..."obama" person you are talking about. I know there was a guy who was President before Trump...he had a funny sounding name...but Trump essentially fixed everything that mope did, and he is pretty much forgotten about......is that who you meant....?

Obabble is the former President the Dems are now turning against because he was too moderate. SRSLY

Hope vs. Change: Why Some Democrats Are Turning on Obama’s Legacy

Again, that's simply not true. He has been pushing the smart fence since day one of his presidency, and he tried to reason with the Democrats to no avail, so we now have a shutdown that will last until support for the smart fence, which is steadily growing, forces the Democrats to seek a face saving way of backing down.
Then why didn’t he want the $25 billion Democrats offered him a year ago?

Pelosi doesn't want the world to see how mad she is when Trump tells Congress how much better off blacks are under the orange bastard for 2 years in a row.
/----/ Rush just suggested that Trump do it in an arena and speak directly to the American people so democRAT lunatics don't hold demos and carrying signs in the chambers.

Someone had the idea a while back of getting rid of the whole congressional address for the SOTU. Have a stage where the President can give a presentation with screens and multi media. Essentially what Tim Cook and Steve Jobs did when they launched the IPHONE.

I like the idea myself. I always thought it was sort of stupid to have a location that couldn’t house all of the people of the federal government.

I would take that idea further and send Congress home, they don't need to be congregated in DC, they can do all the vast majority of their business over the internet.

Not sure about that. Considering many are over 70, I don’t think they would do that well with technology.

That's true, but there's a solution for that.

ok

Voting the old bastards out wouldn't be a solution for the problem you mentioned?

What is the average age of Congress , like 92?

That would take care of the age problem. What isn’t addressed in such an environment is the politicking that goes on behind the scenes. A lot of times, that is much more productive than floor speeches.

Forum List

Back