🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pelosi Suggests Delaying State of the Union

Why should Trump cramp his pants over the SOTU address? He probably prefers a delay until the shutdown is resolved anyway.

I doubt he really cares about the speech, but he's not used to people telling him he can't do what he wants. This is her way of saying fuck you.

Except that you, and others, apparently can't even read basic English, Pelosi didn't cancel the SOTU, because she can't , The President decides when and if he will address Congress not the other way around, and oh yeah the COTUS REQUIRES the POTUS to address Congress each year.

Not exactly. She can and did say it wouldn't happen in the House, where it is usually given. He can pick another place if he wants. The president is required to report to congress from time to time. Until Woodrow Wilson, it was always done in writing.

A) False, she REQUESTED that Trump change either the date or the venue. She can't stop him from coming to Congress PERIOD. Read the damn letter she sent Trump. She REQUESTED a delay or a change of avenue.

Also , a lie when you claim the speech was never given in person until Woodrow Wilson. Both Washington and John Adams gave the SOTUS in person, Thomas Jefferson began the practice of giving it in writing.

Just stop lying.

View attachment 240448
Nancy Pelosi to Trump: Reschedule State of the Union or just submit it in writing

Looks like Nancy is playing hardball. I wonder how Trump will respond after he craps his pants and sends out a dozen tweets.

I'm all for doing away with the State of the Union.

It is nothing more than an opportunity for propagandizing and silly camera shots of feigned support or opposition.

The less we have to see and hear these people the better.

The constitution requires a report to congress from time to time. Nothing says it has to be a televised speech from the House. It was always in writing until Woodrow Wilson.

Well, Woodrow Wilson served as President from 1913 to 1921, televisions were invented in 1927....that may be why it was always in writing.

I doubt he really cares about the speech, but he's not used to people telling him he can't do what he wants. This is her way of saying fuck you.
Agree. This is getting good. Too bad he doesn't take advice from Mitch & Lindsay, he'd stand a better shot at winning. Nancy and Chuck don't care what happens to the country as long as they think they are winning with their base.

Getting good???

Idiot, this shutdown is contracting our economy by 0.1% GDP evey week (administration's own estimate)
A lie...I posted the article yesterday and it’s illogical.

It is not illogical.

There are roughly 800,000 people not getting paid right now.

Assuming their average salary is 50 grand a year, that is $769,230,769 per week that is not being added to the economy.

Them not getting paid is ony part of picture, because they are also not producing or producing less, which slows up all kinds of economic activity.

And then there are the bushiness that rely on them for their business which are hurting and thus not spending as much. That will never be made up.

Delta said they have lost $25 million in business since the shutdown, that will not be made up with back pay.

Where I live all the Fed Buildings are cleaned by a company that hires people with disabilities, they are not working now and they will never see back pay.

View attachment 240448
Nancy Pelosi to Trump: Reschedule State of the Union or just submit it in writing

Looks like Nancy is playing hardball. I wonder how Trump will respond after he craps his pants and sends out a dozen tweets.

It is nothing more than an opportunity for propagandizing and silly camera shots of feigned support or opposition.

The constitution requires a report to congress from time to time. Nothing says it has to be a televised speech from the House. It was always in writing until Woodrow Wilson.

Well, Woodrow Wilson served as President from 1913 to 1921, televisions were invented in 1927....that may be why it was always in writing.

They could have done puppet shows.

Agree. This is getting good. Too bad he doesn't take advice from Mitch & Lindsay, he'd stand a better shot at winning. Nancy and Chuck don't care what happens to the country as long as they think they are winning with their base.

Getting good???

Idiot, this shutdown is contracting our economy by 0.1% GDP evey week (administration's own estimate)

It is not illogical.

Assuming their average salary is 50 grand a year, that is $769,230,769 per week that is not being added to the economy.

That will be added to the economy in a few weeks. The payments don't go away, they are deferred.

Will the $25 million Delta has lost be made up in a few weeks? Plus all the other airlines are in the same boat.

Getting good???

It is not illogical.

That will be added to the economy in a few weeks. The payments don't go away, they are deferred.

Thats not the case for those that were furloughed. Also, once people are back to work they are a month behind - a month of productivity loss will absolutely show up in GDP.

View attachment 240448

They could have done puppet shows.

Which may suggest we're actually going back to the future.

Pelosi has requested that the State of the Union be postponed - Trump can go ahead with it, and he should. The Union doesn't cease to exist because non-essential government workers are affected by a shutdown. Most people aren't - so this is just a way to try to embroil everyone in the Dems hostage scheme.

Trump should hold a big rally and give the State of the Union at there - and be quite frank that the shutdown is being prolonged by the Dems' refusal to allocate $5.7B to border security out of $4.4T we spend annually. He should contrast that with the amount of money that will be spent on non-essential backpay when the government reopens - or the savings that will result if he goes ahead with a permanent Reduction in Force after the 30th day (which the law allows him to do).

Maybe they can borrow from their daddies like Trump did?
  • As a presidential candidate, Trump had repeatedly said his father gave him a “very small” $1 million loan, which he turned into an empire.
  • A sweeping new investigative report published by The New York Times on Tuesday, however, says Trump’s father actually lent his son at least $60.7 million.
  • The Times reports that the amount would be worth $140 million in today’s dollars and that much of it was never repaid.

Getting good???

It is not illogical.

Thats not the case for those that were furloughed. Also, once people are back to work they are a month behind - a month of productivity loss will absolutely show up in GDP.

A month of productivity? As if.

Shutdown before after.jpeg

Getting good???

It is not illogical.

View attachment 240453

Ignorance on display.

It is not illogical.

View attachment 240453

Ignorance on display.

Pretty sure it was a selfie that boedicca posted. He assumes because he is a lazy ass so is everyone else.

Getting good???

It is not illogical.

View attachment 240453

upload_2019-1-16_10-22-47.png

Why should Trump cramp his pants over the SOTU address? He probably prefers a delay until the shutdown is resolved anyway.

Getting good???

It is not illogical.

As opposed to the 100 billion we’re giving to law breakers.
I’m sure you’re suffering terribly.
We’ll survive.

Getting good???

It is not illogical.

In the age of automation...hilarious.

It is not illogical.

View attachment 240453

Ignorance on display.

Pretty sure it was a selfie that boedicca posted. He assumes because he is a lazy ass so is everyone else.

^^^ Diagnosis: Terminal Projection ^^^

You're not too bright, swampy - or you would know that I am a gal. Although, considering how confused you are about gender and pretty much everything that is reality based, I shouldn't expect much from you.

Getting good???

It is not illogical.

As opposed to the 100 billion we’re giving to law breakers.
I’m sure you’re suffering terribly.
We’ll survive.

The two are unrelated. But you lack the basic intelligence to understand that.

Forum List

Back