People do not understand what a swastika truly stands for

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
A swastika has been used as a decorative element in various cultures since at least the Neolithic.

If someone puts a swastika in front of their house and said it was only a decorative element as it has been for the majority of time would you accept that?

Maybe they truly believe it is a decorative element and they have no sympathies for Nazis. But when most people look at it they think Nazi

The confederate battle flag is the same.

It will forever be associated with not giving equal rights to blacks.
Right or wrong it will forever have that stigma.

Personally I love the swastika. I find it to be a beautiful and powerful symbol. Yet although I find myself fascinated with ancient cultures as well as Adolf Hitler, I understand that it would just bring too much bad karma flying that symbol around, at least in the places I've lived. Many people have become so brainwashed and indoctrinated against it. So many people who I have use for, friends and strangers alike, would take extreme offense to it. It would stand in the way of seeing my goals realized, driving people away like that.

I don't by it. That flag wasn't "offensive" until we were told it was offensive. The Washington Redskins name wasn't offensive until we were told it was offensive.
The agenda is to get rid of Southern patriotism. To make their children non-exceptional.

I don't by it. That flag wasn't "offensive" until we were told it was offensive. The Washington Redskins name wasn't offensive until we were told it was offensive.
The agenda is to get rid of Southern patriotism. To make their children non-exceptional.
===========================================================
This is an attempt to bring southern children into the 21st century and not let a backward culture hold them back any more.

Check the history of the term Redskin. I felt like you did until I heard the reasoning of native americans; the original Americans who who had their country stolen.

Actually it was offensive because of what they fought under it for. Or maybe the internet told everyone to be offended by it...except the internet wasn't around sooo..

Let's just say the swastika wasn't offensive until we were told it was. That way we can ignore both the Holocaust AND Slavery!

Or is this the part where you say one is offensive and the other isnt?

A swastika has been used as a decorative element in various cultures since at least the Neolithic.

If someone puts a swastika in front of their house and said it was only a decorative element as it has been for the majority of time would you accept that?

Maybe they truly believe it is a decorative element and they have no sympathies for Nazis. But when most people look at it they think Nazi

The confederate battle flag is the same.

It will forever be associated with not giving equal rights to blacks.
Right or wrong it will forever have that stigma.
I watched Da Vinci Code.
"The word swastika comes from the Sanskrit svastika, which means “good fortune” or “well-being." The motif (a hooked cross) appears to have first been used in Neolithic Eurasia, perhaps representing the movement of the sun through the sky. To this day it is a sacred symbol in Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Odinism."
History of the Swastika

American Indians have used the swastika in their stuff for centuries. Millennia.

Tell them they have to take it down.

Swastika-symbol-navajo-woven-blanket.jpg

A swastika was once considered to be a minor good luck symbol and you can still find it on some jewelry and old decorative junk. The point about the swastika is that it was adopted by the German Nazi party and the entire propaganda effort of the entire U.S. government (during WW2) succeeded in placing the swastika in the most offensive icons in history. The Confederate flag, however, was strictly U.S. history. The federal government issued stamps commemorating the Confederacy. Civil War real estate battle sites were purchased by the federal government in the 20th century to remind citizens of the Civil War. What do we do in the vacuum of the federal government's condemnation and abandonment of the other side in the Civil War? Do we pretend that the Confederacy flew a blank flag? Do we go down the insane radical road and only sell souvenirs of the Stars and Stripes at federally operated Civil War battle fields and pretend that the Confederate flag didn't exist? Do we start the bonfires of books and CD's that featured the Confederate flag? Do we go further down the insanity road and pretend the Dukes of Hazzard promoted murder of innocent Black people in a Christian Church?

Last edited:
The Nazi swaztika is the Nazi swaztika. A very specific version of it. Support any person's right to display the Nazi flag however they wish. Just as I support my friends' right to (redacted, do very illegal stuff shall we say) ;)

Wanna use the non-Nazi ones, more power to you.

Forum List

Back