🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Perry Blew it, Romney leads, new gallop poll.

[

I don't like the guy, but I really don't trust what the Mormon Cult would do if it ever got control of the country. The worst Obama can do in a second term is be even less effective than he is now.

And comparing a cult started by child molestors to the Catholic Church is kind of insulting to Catholics...

You need to go start a 3rd party for twisted, hateful, bigoted, anti-American fuckers like yourself. Your party symbol could be an asshole - your portrait will do as a model.

Lot's of people will vote third party if Romney's the nominee, and you'll be howling and screaming when Obama coasts to a second term.

Oh, if Romney's the nominee, I'll vote for Obama. I'll send him money and I'll campaign for him.

[

I don't like the guy, but I really don't trust what the Mormon Cult would do if it ever got control of the country. The worst Obama can do in a second term is be even less effective than he is now.

And comparing a cult started by child molestors to the Catholic Church is kind of insulting to Catholics...

You need to go start a 3rd party for twisted, hateful, bigoted, anti-American fuckers like yourself. Your party symbol could be an asshole - your portrait will do as a model.

Lot's of people will vote third party if Romney's the nominee, and you'll be howling and screaming when Obama coasts to a second term.

Oh, if Romney's the nominee, I'll vote for Obama. I'll send him money and I'll campaign for him.

Really? :eusa_eh:

How come?

Spanky, pointing out that Mormons are brain dead cultist with crazy beliefs isn't bigotry.

It's a fact.

It's simple math, guy. We aren't going to beat Obama with a guy 22% of the population refuses to vote for, including 19% of Republicans.

Lots of people won't vote for a Mormon. If getting rid of Obama is an important goal, why take the chance?

(Pukey's response- "you...you... bigot... you... bunch of explitives... no coherent argument.)

The stones and glass house thing to you there. Where is your coherent argument ?

Did you need me to explain the big words to you?

You dont know enough big words. Just wondering but AR, is that you ? Or is it MarkL ?

Really? :eusa_eh:

How come?

Okay, for those who came in late.

I don't trust the Mormon Church. I don't trust anyone who is a member of the Mormon Church. Their founders were criminals, child molestors and traitors. They've attempted to set up a theocracy within this country and that's still part of their goal. That's their history, and I'm not going to suddely start trusting them because they crossed "vengence on the United States" in their charter and pencilled in "Pancake Breakfasts".

(Seriously, revenge on the United States used to be part of the Mormon Temple Pledge until the 1920's. Look it up.)

I dealt with some Mormons back in the 1980's, and really, never met people in my life who were less trustworthy. (and I'm nearly 50, and have met a lot of untrustworthy people.) And Romney's just more of the same, really. Man's flip flopped on every belief he has, how can I possibly trust him?

Watching them operate politically, like getting the Salt Lake City Olympics by briging IOC officials with money and hookers, or emptying out their followers bank accounts to fund Proposition 8 in California (illegally, I might add), it is clear to me that they do not respect that there is a line between "Church" and "State" that should never be crossed.

Don't like Obama, don't think he's a particularly good president. Really wanted to give him a chance, but he isn't up to the job. But with a Republican Congress, there just isn't as much damage as he can do. ObamaCare will probably be struck down in the courts, and really, second terms are never as effective as first terms.

NOw, even if he weren't a Mormon, there are a lot of other reasons to dislike him. His business practices, the fact he avoided military service during Vietnam, his flip-flopping on issues, saying whatever he has to get elected.

You dont know enough big words. Just wondering but AR, is that you ? Or is it MarkL ?

NO, man, sorry, I'm relatively new here... so I'm not sure who your friends are you are missing.

But I go back to my argument, which apparently you ignore or are incapable of answering.

Gallup Polls show that 22% of Americans say, THEY WILL NOT VOTE FOR A MORMON.
Poll: 22% say they won’t vote for a Mormon for president « Hot Air Headlines

And, yes, I'm one of those 22%.

18% of Republicans say they won't. 19% of independents say they won't. That could mean that of the 57 million who voted for John McCain last time, (republicans and independents) as many as 10 million will not vote for Romney. (Heck, I suspect the only reason McCain won the nomination was because those people rallied around him in 2008)

Now, keep in mind, the only way the prospective GOP nominee wins is if he a) keeps everyone who voted for McCain on board and b) gets at least 6 million people who voted for Obama last time to change their minds. Not an easy task, mind you, because people are usually reluctant to admit they made a mistake, even to themselves.

Oh, should point out here, that same poll shows the "Won't vote for a Mormon" number as being 29% amongst Democrats. Have fun trying to win them over.

NOw, I have a bias, and I admit that bias. For the record, I'm not some Evangelical who is arguing over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. I'm waver between agnostic to atheist, depending how much religious people are annoying me that day.

This same poll shows the ONLY group that rates higher than Mormons in the "Won't vote for" category are atheists. (At 49%) So, yeah, if my goal is beating Obama, I wouldn't want an atheist, even if we were in complete agreement on things religious.

"He was for it before he was before, he was fore the after, then he wasn't, but he fored it."

Texan GOPer...CLASSIC!!
:lol:

That's where imho, Perry will land us when businesses are encouraged with incentives to grow and make money, create jobs, and hire Americans. He goes for excellence in his own state about making sure everyone has a job.

A low unemployment rate and a few other things Rick Perry is capable of will give jobs to those who want them. He can pull a belt buckle in a couple of notches, too, without endangering either social security or health. He will support the military every which way he can.

I know he will take care of Americans who need care; he will get people back to work, and he will establish working relationships with other countries that will help them employ their own people, taking a lot of the pressure off our borders through diplomacy.

He's the man with the jobs plan, his governorship has taken the ball and run with the pass well beyond the goal posts' line. That's just what the doctor ordered for Uncle Sam. Let the others dance around a play word games, Rick Perry's strength is that he has beat back unemployment and shown others they can employ people too. He could do that a lot better from the Bully Pulpit as President.

It sure beats the heck out of listening to that "It's all about mememe and how could my 'enemies' do this that and the other blah blah blah" speil. I particularly do not like the overuse by obama of the "enemies" of his. It smacks of Hillary's husband's rivals' FBI files being found in her part of the White House back when her favorite line to grand juries was "I forget."

Rick Perry doesn't keep enemies lists. He's too busy reviewing where he thinks jobs can be developed, and he goes after them. I'm just sayin' go ahead and get all the info you can from each candidate. Just don't forget who brought home the employment bacon in the lineup. It's up to you. I already thought it over, and I keep coming up with Rick Perry's name since he has the winning record, and a walloping record it is.

According to one source, Mass. has a lower rate of unemployment than Texas.
More power to them. However, the governor there didn't go out thumping for a million jobs. Rick Perry did, because Texas needed him to do it. We had the worst heat spell and drought in recorded history this summer, following 2 other years of drought following Hurricane Ike. We just needed a little help from our Governor, and over his career, he has truly been the man of the Decade for those needing jobs.

Which leads us to a discussion on character. Rick Perry is a positive character with the talent of getting free enterprise businesses to employ American citizens. His record shows 50% of all new jobs created in Texas with the other 49 states combined with 50%. Do the math. The average vs. Rick Perry is 1% to his 50%.

Just sayin. :eusa_whistle:

Bullshit!

If the retail gasoline market was based in North Dakota; they would have a lower unemployment rate than Texas. Oh wait; without the dozens of companies having record quarter after record quarter...they do.

In fact 26 states do without that benefit; of which Perry had little or nothing to do with.

Rank State Rate
1 NORTH DAKOTA 3.5
2 NEBRASKA 4.2
3 SOUTH DAKOTA 4.7
4 NEW HAMPSHIRE 5.3
5 OKLAHOMA 5.6
6 WYOMING 5.8
7 VERMONT 5.9
8 IOWA 6.1
9 HAWAII 6.2
10 VIRGINIA 6.3
11 NEW MEXICO 6.6
12 KANSAS 6.7
13 LOUISIANA 7.2
13 MINNESOTA 7.2
15 MARYLAND 7.3
16 MASSACHUSETTS 7.4
17 MAINE 7.6
17 UTAH 7.6
19 ALASKA 7.7
20 MONTANA 7.8
21 WISCONSIN 7.9
22 NEW YORK 8.0
23 DELAWARE 8.1
23 WEST VIRGINIA 8.1
25 PENNSYLVANIA 8.2
26 ARKANSAS 8.3
27 COLORADO 8.5
27 TEXAS 8.5

I guess none of the 25 state governors was "hitting it" like Perry did? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Unemployment Rates for States

[

Where are the facts to support a third party starting if Romney gets the nomination, not that he will, but you are not being clear weather or not you are stating an opinion of facts. Who is this third party you speak of ?

According to one source, Mass. has a lower rate of unemployment than Texas.
More power to them. However, the governor there didn't go out thumping for a million jobs. Rick Perry did, because Texas needed him to do it. We had the worst heat spell and drought in recorded history this summer, following 2 other years of drought following Hurricane Ike. We just needed a little help from our Governor, and over his career, he has truly been the man of the Decade for those needing jobs.

Which leads us to a discussion on character. Rick Perry is a positive character with the talent of getting free enterprise businesses to employ American citizens. His record shows 50% of all new jobs created in Texas with the other 49 states combined with 50%. Do the math. The average vs. Rick Perry is 1% to his 50%.

Bullshit!

If the retail gasoline market was based in North Dakota; they would have a lower unemployment rate than Texas. Oh wait; without the dozens of companies having record quarter after record quarter...they do.

In fact 26 states do without that benefit; of which Perry had little or nothing to do with.

Rank State Rate
1 NORTH DAKOTA 3.5
2 NEBRASKA 4.2
3 SOUTH DAKOTA 4.7
4 NEW HAMPSHIRE 5.3
5 OKLAHOMA 5.6
6 WYOMING 5.8
7 VERMONT 5.9
8 IOWA 6.1
9 HAWAII 6.2
10 VIRGINIA 6.3
11 NEW MEXICO 6.6
12 KANSAS 6.7
13 LOUISIANA 7.2
13 MINNESOTA 7.2
15 MARYLAND 7.3
16 MASSACHUSETTS 7.4
17 MAINE 7.6
17 UTAH 7.6
19 ALASKA 7.7
20 MONTANA 7.8
21 WISCONSIN 7.9
22 NEW YORK 8.0
23 DELAWARE 8.1
23 WEST VIRGINIA 8.1
25 PENNSYLVANIA 8.2
26 ARKANSAS 8.3
27 COLORADO 8.5
27 TEXAS 8.5

I guess none of the 25 state governors was "hitting it" like Perry did? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Agreed--Perry was dealt 4 aces--and HE personally did not create any private sector jobs--because ONLY the private sector does that. The only thing government can do is make a friendly atmosphere for business--so that they will expand--which create private sector jobs.

Spanky, pointing out that Mormons are brain dead cultist with crazy beliefs isn't bigotry.

It's a fact.

It's simple math, guy. We aren't going to beat Obama with a guy 22% of the population refuses to vote for, including 19% of Republicans.

Lots of people won't vote for a Mormon. If getting rid of Obama is an important goal, why take the chance?

(Pukey's response- "you...you... bigot... you... bunch of explitives... no coherent argument.)

It doesn't give me the slightest pause that Romney is a Mormon.

What gives me pause is that his beliefs and positions change with every shift of the wind.

Well, it bothers me that the Latter Day Saints don't seem to have this understanding of this

Church

State

There's a line, it's there for a reason, and DON'T CROSS IT!

You mean they vote their conscience. How terrible. :neutral:

i would think that if we adopted obama's plans, we'd be much better off than we are. he wanted to get rid of the bush tax cuts but didn't have the votes to do it. So...we still have this incredible deficit.

You'd think the gop would cop to the fact that the tax cuts haven't helped, they have hurt.

At the end of the day, we sent the congress up there and we have a divided government that gets very little done. We get the congress and the chaos we deserve. The markets are reflecting that.

Could you imagine if we were having to get into the space race these days? First there would be a section of the gop that denies there is anything called "outer space". Next there would be people in the gop who swear their plan would land us on every planet within the end of the year. Finally, there would be a bunch of myopic gym class morons called the tea party examining the constitution to see where the framers mentioned space exploration.

Forget the presidential election in 2012. the future of this country is in direct correlation to the number of tea party members sent to congress. I would say if they double their numbers, we're probably looking at the end of the nation by 2020 if not sooner. nothing will get through the congress that these worms don't want to get through and, suffice to say, there will be no spending on anything other than today's bills.

The investments in the future will be done by other countries and they will own it.

I wonder why an Obama supporter, Anti-Tea Party poster would want Romney over Perry? :eusa_think:

Last edited:

Bullshit!

Rank State Rate
1 NORTH DAKOTA 3.5
2 NEBRASKA 4.2
3 SOUTH DAKOTA 4.7
4 NEW HAMPSHIRE 5.3
5 OKLAHOMA 5.6
6 WYOMING 5.8
7 VERMONT 5.9
8 IOWA 6.1
9 HAWAII 6.2
10 VIRGINIA 6.3
11 NEW MEXICO 6.6
12 KANSAS 6.7
13 LOUISIANA 7.2
13 MINNESOTA 7.2
15 MARYLAND 7.3
16 MASSACHUSETTS 7.4
17 MAINE 7.6
17 UTAH 7.6
19 ALASKA 7.7
20 MONTANA 7.8
21 WISCONSIN 7.9
22 NEW YORK 8.0
23 DELAWARE 8.1
23 WEST VIRGINIA 8.1
25 PENNSYLVANIA 8.2
26 ARKANSAS 8.3
27 COLORADO 8.5
27 TEXAS 8.5

Agreed--Perry was dealt 4 aces--and HE personally did not create any private sector jobs--because ONLY the private sector does that. The only thing government can do is make a friendly atmosphere for business--so that they will expand--which create private sector jobs.

I think that is a VERY fair thing you just wrote. Kudos!

Perry didn't get in the way like a lot of politicians at both the federal and state level do.
But, if Texas actually did get 1 out of every 2 new jobs created in this country; don't you think they'd be higher than somewhere in the middle of the pack? True there are a lot of small states population wise in the top tier but there are just as many populous states that Texas lags tenths of percentage points behind.

Perry is a big, fat (not you Christie), joke!

Period. End of story.

"He was for it before he was before, he was fore the after, then he wasn't, but he fored it."

Texan GOPer...CLASSIC!!
MarcATL, very funny. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I don't think you're going to replace Bill Cosby.

Hey Bubba...your messiah is flunking down the tubes...even before his twin Bush did.

Deal with it.
Aw, didn't your tv dinner agree with you tonight, MarcATL? Koolade sour in the glass? tch. tch, tch. :rolleyes:

i would think that if we adopted obama's plans, we'd be much better off than we are. he wanted to get rid of the bush tax cuts but didn't have the votes to do it. So...we still have this incredible deficit.

You'd think the gop would cop to the fact that the tax cuts haven't helped, they have hurt.

At the end of the day, we sent the congress up there and we have a divided government that gets very little done. We get the congress and the chaos we deserve. The markets are reflecting that.

Could you imagine if we were having to get into the space race these days? First there would be a section of the gop that denies there is anything called "outer space". Next there would be people in the gop who swear their plan would land us on every planet within the end of the year. Finally, there would be a bunch of myopic gym class morons called the tea party examining the constitution to see where the framers mentioned space exploration.

Forget the presidential election in 2012. the future of this country is in direct correlation to the number of tea party members sent to congress. I would say if they double their numbers, we're probably looking at the end of the nation by 2020 if not sooner. nothing will get through the congress that these worms don't want to get through and, suffice to say, there will be no spending on anything other than today's bills.

The investments in the future will be done by other countries and they will own it.

I wonder why an Obama supporter, Anti-Tea Party poster would want Romney over Perry? :eusa_think:

And your point is what exactly. Oh yeah, the "conservative" Reich Perry doubled the debt in Texas, hasn't gotten Texas into the top half of the # of states in unemployment percentage, wants to force your 12 year old daughter to get a shot to prevent STDs, is guilty of blatant crony capitalism and, oh yeah, threw up on himself according to the most biased of right wing hatchet men? Was that your point?

AND ROMNEY IS A MORON....sooo where does that leave the Repuliscums now,?????where they have always been IN THE GUTTER......the bastion of GUTTER POLITICS.

Ho Ho...all those idiot conservatives that thought they had ALL the ANSWERS but WE KNOW THEY REALLY HAD/HAVE....NONE/ZILCH.

Have a Gooday,I am..theliq:cool::lol::lol::lol:
More Voters Considering Romney Than Obama, Perry

Sixty-two percent would definitely vote for Romney or consider doing so
PRINCETON, NJ -- More registered voters say they would definitely vote for Mitt Romney or might consider doing so (62%) than say the same about his two main rivals in the 2012 presidential election, Democrat Barack Obama (54%) and Republican Rick Perry (53%).

Be pragmatic, vote and support the BEST CONSERVATIVE ( and here is the important part) who can WIN the general election. It's hand's down Mitt Romney.

That's 62% people that's a landslide win over Obama. Think, get your emotions out of it, this is business.

Perry is a big, fat (not you Christie), joke!

Period. End of story.
Doubt it. He's the leader in jobs you know, something your flawless one doesn't do since his hands could get a little grimy when he--oh, wait. He never checks. Someone else does it for him. lol

Forum List

Back