Perry (R) bailing on S.C. forum/debate

Big. Mistake.

Romney might be able to pull this out after all.

unlikely.

Frankly, was anyone other than political junkies planning to watch this forum? I wasn't.

Perry is going to be at the Debate that counts- the one Obama tried to pre-empt.

It looks like he is ducking the debates. He announces after the last debate, I believe we have had two debates that he wasn't at now this is 3, the tea party won't be too happy about it and we can only hope that he shows up for the debate that counts- the one that Obama tried to pre-empt. We are talking about 2 hour debate between 1-3pm what's the problem with flying back to Texas at 3:30pm. I do think they have people down there that can handle a fire and that don't require him to help them put it out.

Last edited:
Big. Mistake.

unlikely.

Frankly, was anyone other than political junkies planning to watch this forum? I wasn't.

Perry is going to be at the Debate that counts- the one Obama tried to pre-empt.

It looks like he is ducking the debates. He announces after the last debate, I believe we have had two debates that he wasn't at now this is 3, the tea party won't be too happy about it and we can only hope that he shows up for the debate that counts- the one that Obama tried to pre-empt. We are talking about 2 hour debate between 1-3pm what's the problem with flying back to Texas at 3:30pm. I do think they have people down there that can handle a fire and that don't require him to help them put it out.

And you're basing your "thoughts" on WHAT extensive experience of the governor's job and responsibilities? Can YOU tell me what the governor does during an urgent crisis like a natural disaster? Can you even tell me anything real about how the firefighting and rescue operations are organized or carried out? Who does the work? Under what authority? Where does the equipment come from?

Please, if you're going to hand down judgements about what Perry does and doesn't need to do as the governor of Texas, I'd like some creds and specifics. Let's hear it.

Big. Mistake.

unlikely.

What "debate" is he missing, dumbass?

I love how the loony leftists put a political debate ahead of state responsbilities....:lol:

The same braindead crew who was bitching at Christie for being down in Florida for a noreaster...

TFF....:rofl:
Funny thing about these idiots is, they can't even distinguish between a forum and a debate.

The even funnier thing is, their boy took off for Martha's Vineyard when millions of americans are dearly suffering.

I love how the loony leftists put a political debate ahead of state responsbilities....:lol:

The same braindead crew who was bitching at Christie for being down in Florida for a noreaster...

Curious about something...lets say there was the fire in Texas and he was President of the United States just visiting a foreign country as they do from time to time....pick one; Argentina. Or Brazil. Or Egypt. Or any other country.

Should he cut his trip short to come back to Washington to monitor the situation?

Curious about something...lets say there was the fire in Texas and he was President of the United States just visiting a foreign country as they do from time to time....pick one; Argentina. Or Brazil. Or Egypt. Or any other country.

Should he cut his trip short to come back to Washington to monitor the situation?

A governor's responsibilities are not the same as those of a President...

Swing and a miss....

Apples and Oranges.

A Governors responsibilities are to his state. A Presidents responsibilities is to his country.....So, A President would not have to cut short his trip, seeing as though the Governor is handling the situation in his state.

Do you have a better example you can give, because that example sucked.

Apples and Oranges.

A Governors responsibilities are to his state. A Presidents responsibilities is to his country.....So, A President would not have to cut short his trip, seeing as though the Governor is handling the situation in his state.

Using that example...no President should ever spend a moment campaigning then because at some point, some group in the 50 states are undergoing some sort of trauma; be it unemployment, natural disasters, threatening national disasters, etc...

And since Texas is part of the nation--at least for now--the Presidential example is intact.

But lets say that Perry was President and just at Camp David....not overseas and the same thing happened...should he return to the White House?

Seriously...what is he going to do in Texas that is going to make any difference on the ground?

A governor's responsibilities are not the same as those of a President...

Swing and a miss....

So what are you saying he should do as President? Just ignore the plight of the same people?

Apples and Oranges.

Using that example...no President should ever spend a moment campaigning then because at some point, some group in the 50 states are undergoing some sort of trauma; be it unemployment, natural disasters, threatening national disasters, etc...

And since Texas is part of the nation--at least for now--the Presidential example is intact.

But lets say that Perry was President and just at Camp David....not overseas and the same thing happened...should he return to the White House?

Seriously...what is he going to do in Texas that is going to make any difference on the ground?
Well then, I guess we just do away with all the Governor's in this country, Seeing as though Super Prez has all situations under control.

I mean hey, it's not like he fled to Martha's Vineyard on the sufferings dime, or anything like that, correct?

Seriously, do you have any other examples?.......'cause the one you are using makes no sense.

If anything, Perry is showing true leadership, in returning to his state.

Just imagine if Louisiana had that kind of Governor's Leadership, before and after Katrina hit.......We probably wouldn't have seen all those bloated bodies floatin' down Bourbon St., eh?

Last edited:
You leftwing asshats never cease to amaze me....

This fire is as big as they get, and it is still out of control... a leaders job is to lead! I guess you Obamazombies wouldnt know a good leader if he/she walked up and slapped ya.

I was there, near the fires and it IS a very bad situation. Perry's job is Governor of Texas.
I for one am proud he decided to forego a debate that is meaningless while our state burns.

Take notes lefties... this is how a leader behaves.

Here are a few pics I took while evacuating the area:

DSCN2839.jpg

DSCN2841.jpg

DSCN2845.jpg

DSCN2856.jpg

Apples and Oranges.

Well then, I guess we just do away with all the Governor's in this country, Seeing as though Super Prez has all situations under control.

I mean hey, it's not like he fled to Martha's Vineyard on the sufferings dime, or anything like that, correct?

Seriouly, do you have any other examples?.......'cause the one you are using makes no sense.

Just imagine if Louisianna had that kind of Governor's Leadership, before and after Katrina hit.......We probably wouldn't have seen all those bloated bodies floatin' down Bourbon St., eh?

You and Perry have a lot in common; you both hate debates.

Unfortunately, we had Bush's leadership and we had those bodies floating down Bourbon Street...while he was praising Brownie's job. You remember that don't you?

This fire is as big as they get, and it is still out of control... a leaders job is to lead! I guess you Obamazombies wouldnt know a good leader if he/she walked up and slapped ya.

I was there, near the fires and it IS a very bad situation. Perry's job is Governor of Texas.
I for one am proud he decided to forego a debate that is meaningless while our state burns.

DSCN2839.jpg

DSCN2841.jpg

DSCN2845.jpg

DSCN2856.jpg

No flames? Yeah looks pretty bad.

DSCN2839.jpg

DSCN2841.jpg

DSCN2845.jpg

DSCN2856.jpg

Your so stupid... I am about 16 miles from them :cuckoo:

Guess about 500 homes lost so far is not bad enough for you...and that is just this weekend alone!

Last edited:

DSCN2839.jpg

DSCN2841.jpg

DSCN2845.jpg

DSCN2856.jpg

Your so stupid... I am about 16 miles from them :cuckoo:

And its such a national tragedy that you're posting on an internet message board at 12:30 Central Time?

Someday you morons will run out of bullets or toes. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seriouly, do you have any other examples?.......'cause the one you are using makes no sense.

Just imagine if Louisianna had that kind of Governor's Leadership, before and after Katrina hit.......We probably wouldn't have seen all those bloated bodies floatin' down Bourbon St., eh?

Unfortunately, we had Bush's leadership and we had those bodies floating down Bourbon Street...while he was praising Brownie's job. You remember that don't you?
"you and perry have lot in common; you both hate debates."

That's YOUR idea of debating?....LMAO!

How about countering anything i've presented?

Do you not understand how government works, between state and federal level?

Apparently not.

So, what was Bush supposed to do?.....Throw Brownie under the bus in the middle of people dying?

Nooooooooo, she was thrown under the bus AFTER her failures were fully exposed.......Abject failures that led to the deaths of many.

damned if you do - damned if you don't...

Had he gone to the debate, the headline of this thread would have been:

perry (r) bailing on texas wildfire victims to attend sc forum/debate

meh...

why? The fires haven't stopped him from campaigning to this point...why should it be a factor now (unless he doesn't want his texas ass handed to him in a debate)...

qft!

"you and perry have lot in common; you both hate debates."

That's YOUR idea of debating?....LMAO!

How about countering anything i've presented?

Do you not understand how government works, between state and federal level?

Apparently not.

So, what was Bush supposed to do?.....Throw Brownie under the bus in the middle of people dying?

Nooooooooo, she was thrown under the bus AFTER her failures were fully exposed.......Abject failures that led to the deaths of many.

As for Bush/Brownie and the fiasco....not put such an incompetent nincompoop in power in the first place. In the second place, don't say he's doing such a great job when anybody with working eyeballs can see he wasn't. Brown was a he by the way.

I know fully well how disaster response works.

As for the first point, I asked you, what is Perry going to do in Austin that he couldn't do from his hotel suite in South Carolina? Please describe what he is going to do...in depth using your expansive knowledge of disaster relief. You know, the directives, National Response Framework, I-400 training, NIMS, etc...

C'mon you can tell us what the PFO and the GOV are going to discuss, right?

Forum List

Back