Perry (R) bailing on S.C. forum/debate

Is this any surprise really? The fires have been raging for some time now BUT he decides now that he's needed back in the Republic of Texas :rolleyes: He skipped the first debate and now he bails on this one. :clap2: Whats up bruh? I think he KNEW he was going to be asked some tough questions. The Forum was set-up for participants to be individually questioned by three people and he could'nt take the heat apparently ;)

Gov. Rick Perry to Skip Labor Day Forum, Return to Texas to Address Wildfires - Summerville, SC Patch

Perry seems more and more like Palin every day

Now he is ducking tough questions....right out of the Palin "Lamestream media" playbook
Note Leftwingshitflinger doesn't care that Governor Perry has a crisis to attend to that is larger than politics of a debate.

*CHECK*

What crisis? The wild fires in Texas have been going on for a year now.

Is this any surprise really? The fires have been raging for some time now BUT he decides now that he's needed back in the Republic of Texas :rolleyes: He skipped the first debate and now he bails on this one. :clap2: Whats up bruh? I think he KNEW he was going to be asked some tough questions. The Forum was set-up for participants to be individually questioned by three people and he could'nt take the heat apparently ;)

Gov. Rick Perry to Skip Labor Day Forum, Return to Texas to Address Wildfires - Summerville, SC Patch

Now he is ducking tough questions....right out of the Palin "Lamestream media" playbook
Note Leftwingshitflinger doesn't care that Governor Perry has a crisis to attend to that is larger than politics of a debate.

*CHECK*

And why did the President have to move his address to Congress,

something about the 'politics of a debate' getting in the way??

lol

*CHECK*

What crisis? The wild fires in Texas have been going on for a year now.
It has intensified due to winds from TS Lee...

Palin never got any TOUGH questions--what she got were RIDICULOUS set-up "gotcha" questions from the left wing media.

Yea....like what newspapers do you read?

Real tough one

*CHECK*

The failed governor from Texas is a coward

Big. Mistake.

Romney might be able to pull this out after all.

unlikely.

Frankly, was anyone other than political junkies planning to watch this forum? I wasn't.

Perry is going to be at the Debate that counts- the one Obama tried to pre-empt.

Why does that one "count"? There are 3 debates this month, what makes the one Obama tried to preempt more important?

The fact he tried to pre-empt it means it was probably pretty important.

I don't think I'll watch that one, either.

Frankly, when did we get to the point where making the guys who have a shot at the nomination have discussions with people who have no chance become a requirement?

Right now, there really are only TWO viable candidates. Perry and Romney. Everyone else is pretty much waiting for their matching funds check to clear after Iowa so they can pay their staff. So why do we even go through this charade?

As for this Forum, here's the thing. If Perry didn't go back to deal with the wildfires, they'd have accused him of being unconcerned about people losing their homes. So the guy couldn't win for losing in this one.

*CHECK*

The failed governor from Texas is a coward

And if he didn't go back, you'd be accusing him of not caring about these people losing their homes.

Just like you jokers did to Bush in the aftermath of Katrina.

I just finished watching the debate.

The questioners were all Republicans.

Senator DeMint , Rep King and a social conservative doctor.

I pretty sure the MSNBC debate on Wednesday will be much tougher.

I just finished watching the debate.

The questioners were all Republicans.

Senator DeMint , Rep King and a social conservative doctor.

I pretty sure the MSNBC debate on Wednesday will be much tougher.

So, it was pretty much just a Republican television advert?

*CHECK*

And why did the President have to move his address to Congress,

something about the 'politics of a debate' getting in the way??

lol

naaah he moved it because he had to jump a plane to head over to 'old sod' to have few brews and pretend hes Irish while a Tornado kills folks and devastates Missouri ....but anyway:rolleyes:

Damned if you do - Damned if you don't...

Had he gone to the debate, the headline of this thread would have been:

Perry (R) bailing on Texas wildfire victims to attend SC forum/debate

meh...

If the state can't function in his absence, it was irresponsible for him to run in the first place.

What does the Lt. Governor due down there?

I assume your later, more understanding post, trumps this....

Obviously.

Big. Mistake.

unlikely.

Frankly, was anyone other than political junkies planning to watch this forum? I wasn't.

Perry is going to be at the Debate that counts- the one Obama tried to pre-empt.
So, Dick Perry will have the fires put out in 2 days in time for the 9/7 debate. These fires have been going on since april, if all he needs is 2 days to put them out, why is he waiting till september????

No "just" about it...

He should..

Why is this a difficult concept for you Bobby?

It's not. I've stated already that I understand the concept behind it, but I realistically know that it serves no practical purpose, that's why people say that he "should" instead of listing what it is exactly that makes it effective.

"No practical purpose"? Perhaps you could tell the class what a governor does for a living.

This all started when I stated that there have been no explanations provided by the people that say he needs to be there, as to why that is exactly. I'm more than open to ideas to support the claim, but so far I haven't gotten any. Everyone here seems to know but they're keeping it a secret apparently.

I await the blistering attacks .

Last edited:
Big. Mistake.

unlikely.

So, Dick Perry will have the fires put out in 2 days in time for the 9/7 debate. These fires have been going on since april, if all he needs is 2 days to put them out, why is he waiting till september????

My understanding is these fires got worse in the last couple of days, requiring his attention. about 300 homes were destroyed.

And I suspect that you'd be criticizing him if he did show up and will probably criticize him when he goes to a debate on Wednesday.

Perry was scheduled to attend Senator Jim DeMint's forum of Republican presidential contenders in Columbia at 3 p.m.

Oh yes. What Perry should have done is to announce that he has a Comprehensive Plan To End The Wildfires and he'll let everyone know what it is just as he returns to Texas after his 10 day vacation at Martha's Vineyard.

It's not. I've stated already that I understand the concept behind it, but I realistically know that it serves no practical purpose, that's why people say that he "should" instead of listing what it is exactly that makes it effective.

"No practical purpose"? Perhaps you could tell the class what a governor does for a living.

This all started when I stated that there have been no explanations provided by the people that say he needs to be there, as to why that is exactly. I'm more than open to ideas to support the claim, but so far I haven't gotten any. Everyone here seems to know but they're keeping it a secret apparently.

IOW, you don't expect someone in a position of authority to understand his job duties...instead he should wait until somebody tells him he needs to "be there".

Thanks for clearing that up.

I assume your later, more understanding post, trumps this....

Obviously.

You are a liberal, you have no character. Obviously he can say one thing and five minutes later just take it back. Way to go :clap2:

and thats a cheap shot dude.....in this environment, anytime anyone anywhere backs off and restates or admits their are were wrong etc etc is to be lauded most especially here. in my book, you owe him an apology.

IOW, you don't expect someone in a position of authority to understand his job duties...instead he should wait until somebody tells him he needs to "be there".

Thanks for clearing that up.

Nope, try again if you must.

Forum List

Back