Pesky Budget and Debt again ..

Siete

Platinum Member
May 19, 2014
Ryssdal: All right, so let's talk about debt then and the budget. As you know, Treasury Secretary Lew has come out in the last couple of days and said, "We're gonna run out of money, we're gonna run out of borrowing authority, on the fifth of November." Should the Congress then and the president not raise the debt limit? Should we default on our debt?
Carson: Let me put it this way: if I were the president, I would not sign an increased budget. Absolutely would not do it. They would have to find a place to cut.
Ryssdal: To be clear, it's increasing the debt limit, not the budget, but I want to make sure I understand you. You'd let the United States default rather than raise the debt limit.
Carson: No, I would provide the kind of leadership that says, "Get on the stick guys, and stop messing around, and cut where you need to cut, because we're not raising any spending limits, period."

Like the majority of RW's on this board, Carson doesn't know the difference between the two either.
Small wonder idiots like Carson.

BTW ... Great answer Ben !

:clap2:

:rolleyes:

Ryssdal: All right, so let's talk about debt then and the budget. As you know, Treasury Secretary Lew has come out in the last couple of days and said, "We're gonna run out of money, we're gonna run out of borrowing authority, on the fifth of November." Should the Congress then and the president not raise the debt limit? Should we default on our debt?
Carson: Let me put it this way: if I were the president, I would not sign an increased budget. Absolutely would not do it. They would have to find a place to cut.
Ryssdal: To be clear, it's increasing the debt limit, not the budget, but I want to make sure I understand you. You'd let the United States default rather than raise the debt limit.
Carson: No, I would provide the kind of leadership that says, "Get on the stick guys, and stop messing around, and cut where you need to cut, because we're not raising any spending limits, period."

Like the majority of RW's on this board, Carson doesn't know the difference between the two either.

Damn! Yet another Leftist racial bigot rant. Will it never end?

damn I posted another fact about the stupidity of Carson ... nope, I won't stop.

deal with it.

in fact here's yet another fact ..

Ben Carson Has No Grasp of the Federal Budget

Like many a candidate before him, Ben Carson thinks the federal government would be more effective if it ran "like a business," which in his mind would mean applying some corporate management techniques, like Lean Six Sigma, to make it more efficient. Unlike most candidates, he seems to think this will eliminate the government's deficit. Asked how he plans to balance the federal budget, as he has said he would like to, Carson explains:

What I would do is first of all, allow the government to shrink by attrition. Don't replace the people who are retiring, thousands of them each year. And No. 2: Take every departmental head, or sub-department head and tell them, "I want a 3 to 4 percent reduction." Now anybody who tells me there's not 3 to 4 percent fat in virtually everything that we do is fibbing to themselves.
This is a preposterous answer. The Congressional Budget Office reports that last fiscal year, the federal budget deficit was $435 billion (which, by the way, was the lowest since 2007 and below the 50-year average as a percentage of GDP). If you were to cut all federal outlays, including Medicare, Medicaid, military spending, and social security, by 4 percent, you would save less than $150 billion. It is unclear, however, whether Carson actually thinks he would need to cut any entitlement program spending—when Ryssdal pressed him on this point specifically, Carson said he was in favor of an "across the board" cut, but then went back to talking about "fat" in departments, which isn't typically how people discuss Medicare benefits, for instance. Meanwhile, the CBO believes that reducing the entire federal workforce by 10% through attrition would only save about $50 billion over a decade.

Great answer Bennie !

for a dumbass.

damn I posted another fact about the stupidity of Carson ... nope, I won't stop.

deal with it.

I know. Racial bigotry is in your gene pool. You can't help being a racist.

Carson is a brain surgeon who went to medical school and EARNED the right to be in his profession ... Trump's dad loaned him a million dollars.

ergo; Carson is indeed smarter than Trump. Apparently that's not saying much.

stupidity knows no race ....

you complete moron. why should'nt Repubicans take their cue FROM OBAMA HIMSELF WHO VOTED AGAINST RAISING IT??????
why is it losers like you never want to talk about THAT???

just what kind of left-wing nutcase doesnt see a connection between spending (budgets) and the Debt Ceiling?????

Carson is a brain surgeon who went to medical school and EARNED the right to be in his profession ... Trump's dad loaned him a million dollars.

I think Carson actually is smarter than Trump. Maybe a lot smarter.

That doesn't mean he knows how to run a government. Maybe a department. HHS.

you're the kind of idiot that wants to lecture others on how bad it is to default on the debt, and say others dont understand what it is.

but what you morons never seem to be able to talk about is how we arrived at a situation where we have to raise the Debt Ceiling in the first place. YES it deals with money already appropriated, SO is the original budget and the APPROPRIATIONS that actually pay for things in the budget were paid for (it IS called a budget isnt it leftard?) then why are we having to raise it???

The debt ceiling brouhaha is theater for the rubes. It serves absolutely no other purpose than to keep retards in suspense, and to deflect from the scene of the crime. It is classic misdirection.

It should be eliminated.

YAWN

yes loon, it'a relic from the past. but it's easier to call people retardz then to bring your big brain to congess and be part of the solution

idiot

YAWN

yes loon, it'a relic from the past. but it's easier to call people retardz then to bring your big brain to congess and be part of the solution

idiot
You'd be surprised how often I bring my big brain to Congress. And when I say, "Theater for the rubes" to them, they laugh and get it right away.

They know.

YAWN

idiot
You'd be surprised how often I bring my big brain to Congress. And when I say, "Theater for the rubes" to them, they laugh and get it right away.

that's why you're here daily whining

YAWN

idiot

that's why you're here daily whining
I multitask. Most of the time I am posting here, I am simultaneously writing books or speeches or papers, or making money, on another screen.

This place only requires a tiny fraction of my abilities. It's brain candy to relieve the boredom.

Seems to me that the only reason to up your credit limit is because you need to borrow more money which means you're spending more than you make.

But heh.. we can do this forever.. I mean, what are we up to now $.42 of every dollar we spend is borrowed? Yeah, that's sustainable.

You lefties are some stupid.

If stupidity knows no race then why are you playing the race card?

Seems to me that the only reason to up your credit limit is because you need to borrow more money which means you're spending more than you make.

But heh.. we can do this forever.. I mean, what are we up to now $.42 of every dollar we spend is borrowed? Yeah, that's sustainable.

You lefties are some stupid.
When has the debt ceiling not been raised?

Never.

It's theater for the rubes. The money was already spent before we got to the debt ceiling. That's what I mean about misdirection.

Eliminate the misdirection, and people will focus their attention where it should be focused. On the budget at the time it is being written.

I would wager there isn't a single person on this forum who has cracked open a federal budget and looked at it. Sheee-it. I would be surprised if the rubes have ever read any legislation more than a page long in their entire lives.

The smoke and mirrors works beautifully.

Forum List

Back