Petraeus Says Florida Church Koran Burning Threatens Troops

PS: I've always been for pissing off everyone. Nothing special about the 'slims when it comes to my firmly held philosophical belief that people need to be offended more often.

I see that AFakeSailor can be counted among the rest of the pussies that believe we should refrain from exercising our constitutional rights here at home so as not to offend the hyper-sensitive sensibilities of violent muslims.

I always thought his tough talk was just a front, to compensate for some deep seeded insecurities. Now I KNOW it is.

True story :thup:
You're missing the point. No one cares if terrorists are offended. Rather some people don't want Americans to act like and be tools to recruit more terrorists. Some of us actually believe Americans are better than terrorists and that laughing at assholes who act like those they revile is a good thing.

True story. :thup:

How about instead of worrying about what terrorists think or do we fucking do the right thing once in a while??? Why offend ALL Muslims because some of the are assholes if it is detrimental to our success?

And bullshit on what you said above about pissing off Muslims not being a factor in your reasoning. :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

If you think that burning Korans is wrong then don't burn one.

Just like those that think abortion is wrong don't have to have one.

And you can call bullshit all you want but you'll still be wrong. As long as you've known me I've ALWAYS been a champion of the Bill of Rights... ALL OF THEM.
And you've always been for pissing off Muslims.

No one said they don't have the right to burn the korans...only that they are stupid backward asswipes for doing it.

There are several posters in this thread that HAVE SAID they have no right. They have repeated numerous times. Keep proving you are a retard.

MaggieMae, Loosecannon, ABS and a d-bag sockpuppet (see if you can spot it) have all said or implied that they don't have the right to burn the korans.

Try to keep up. :thup:

They don't have the right to burn the Quran in a symbolic display whose intention is to undermine our mission in Afghanistan.

Just like you don't have the right to yell fire in a crowded theater, lie to the FBI, or yell "gimme all your money" in a bank.

Free speech has limits. where it tramples the rights of others the right ends.

Like my right to pursuit of happiness ends where my fist hits you face.

I see that AFakeSailor can be counted among the rest of the pussies that believe we should refrain from exercising our constitutional rights here at home so as not to offend the hyper-sensitive sensibilities of violent muslims.

I always thought his tough talk was just a front, to compensate for some deep seeded insecurities. Now I KNOW it is.

True story :thup:
You're missing the point. No one cares if terrorists are offended. Rather some people don't want Americans to act like and be tools to recruit more terrorists. Some of us actually believe Americans are better than terrorists and that laughing at assholes who act like those they revile is a good thing.

True story. :thup:

I'm glad to see you at least acknowledge his right to be an offensive asshole. And you are merely here exercising your own first amendment right to piss and moan about someone doing something you don't condone.

Carry on. :thup:

How about instead of worrying about what terrorists think or do we fucking do the right thing once in a while??? Why offend ALL Muslims because some of the are assholes if it is detrimental to our success?

And bullshit on what you said above about pissing off Muslims not being a factor in your reasoning. :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

You would DENY a man his 1st Amendment rights cause he might offend Muslims? Where were you for Piss Christ? The only difference is you are afraid Muslims will murder people and you know Christians won't when you offend them.
:lol: Where did I say they couldn't do it, you stupid twit? I am hugely amused at you rightwingloons and your encouragement of people that do idiotic things that endanger the troops.

Your hatred is beyond astounding. Have you decided against JW and decided to join Fred Phelps? Phony christian butwipe.

Ok RETARD, now find where I have said I support this guy. Go ahead quote it for me. What I have said and what you quoted is me telling you that legally this guy has every right to burn Korans he has purchased or people give to him. It is protected speech.

I notice you are not at all concerned with the fact that the mere burning of a book can cause a "peaceful" religion to advocate murder and mayhem all across the world. Aren't you one of those that keeps claiming only a small percent of Muslims are bad?

PS: I've always been for pissing off everyone. Nothing special about the 'slims when it comes to my firmly held philosophical belief that people need to be offended more often.

We agree on those points, HL Mencken jr.

But we are fighting a war in which we need the support of the MUSLIM civilian population to win. We already lost the support of our coalition.

If we lose the civilians in Pakistan and Afghanistan we lose.

Think about it.

Are you with US or against US?

Are you with the troops or against the troops.

Make your selection and meet your deserved fate.

We agree on those points, HL Mencken jr.

But we are fighting a war in which we need the support of the MUSLIM civilian population to win. We already lost the support of our coalition.

If we lose the civilians in Pakistan and Afghanistan we lose.

Think about it.

Are you with US or against US?

Are you with the troops or against the troops.

Make your selection and meet your deserved fate.

The Constitution IS the US. You would scrap it, burn it and sweep the ashes into a waste basket. Anyone FOR the US has to accept this guy has EVERY right to peacefully burn any books he wants as long as he owns them.

If this discussion has taught me anything it's that even the most liberal posters here really don't believe that Islam is a religion of peace, no matter how many times they try to jedi mind-trick themselves into believing it. If it were truly a religion of peace, this would be a non-issue.

MaggieMae, Loosecannon, ABS and a d-bag sockpuppet (see if you can spot it) have all said or implied that they don't have the right to burn the korans.

They don't have the right to burn the Quran in a symbolic display whose intention is to undermine our mission in Afghanistan.

Just like you don't have the right to yell fire in a crowded theater, lie to the FBI, or yell "gimme all your money" in a bank.

I can't agree with this. They do have the right...just as we've always had the right to demonize anyone we are at war with.

The trouble, in this case, is that we are not at war with Islam. Burning the koran is like burning the bible...it pisses off innocent people.

If he was burning an effigy of bin laden I'd applaud him. But he isn't...but he does have the right to be an asshole. I only hope if anyone dies because of his misguided hatred he burns in hell (if there is one).

Patreaus has every right to call out this moron.

This thread is like deja-vu of the "NYC mosque" threads.

"I agree they have the right, it's just a shitty thing to do!" :lol:

You would DENY a man his 1st Amendment rights cause he might offend Muslims? Where were you for Piss Christ? The only difference is you are afraid Muslims will murder people and you know Christians won't when you offend them.
:lol: Where did I say they couldn't do it, you stupid twit? I am hugely amused at you rightwingloons and your encouragement of people that do idiotic things that endanger the troops.

Your hatred is beyond astounding. Have you decided against JW and decided to join Fred Phelps? Phony christian butwipe.

Ok RETARD, now find where I have said I support this guy. Go ahead quote it for me. What I have said and what you quoted is me telling you that legally this guy has every right to burn Korans he has purchased or people give to him. It is protected speech.

I notice you are not at all concerned with the fact that the mere burning of a book can cause a "peaceful" religion to advocate murder and mayhem all across the world. Aren't you one of those that keeps claiming only a small percent of Muslims are bad?
Delusional people are easily swayed by radicals. Why give the radicals more ammo? Why is this "Christian" pastor being such an asshole?

I can't agree with this. They do have the right...just as we've always had the right to demonize anyone we are at war with.

The trouble, in this case, is that we are not at war with Islam. Burning the koran is like burning the bible...it pisses off innocent people.

If he was burning an effigy of bin laden I'd applaud him. But he isn't...but he does have the right to be an asshole. I only hope if anyone dies because of his misguided hatred he burns in hell (if there is one).

OMG I agree with Ravi and Jil on the same day. The planets truly are aligned.

I think an important lesson to be learned from this however is about the left, and their distortion of the facts about Islam. It seems 99% of the time they talk about how tolerant and Peaceful Islam is, Yet in this thread I see most of you admitting that the simple act of Burning some Books might incite Violence among Millions of Muslims around the world.

Food for thought.

Last edited:
If this discussion has taught me anything it's that even the most liberal posters here really don't believe that Islam is a religion of peace, no matter how many times they try to jedi mind-trick themselves into believing it. If it were truly a religion of peace, this would be a non-issue.
And I've learned that you suffer from confirmation bias...and then some.

You don't even read the posts anymore, do you. :lol:

Delusional people are easily swayed by radicals. Why give the radicals more ammo? Why is this "Christian" pastor being such an asshole?

And yet you ignore the point. IF the mere burning of a koran excites the supposedly PEACEFUL, non radical Muslims you and others keep assuring us exist as the MAJORITY of Muslims, to violence and murder AND you can call them all radicals.... what happened to Islam is a religion of peace and the equally announced MOST Muslims are peaceful?

OMG I agree with Ravi and Jil on the same day. The planets truly are aligned.

I think an important lesson to be learned from this however is about the left, and their distortion of the facts about Islam. It seems 99% of the time they talk about how tolerant and Peaceful Islam is, Yet in this thread I see most of you admitting that the simple act of Burning some Books might incite Violence among Millions of Muslims around the world.

Food for thought.
Millions? No.

Forum List

Back