Pew: Majority now believes federal gov’t a threat to their freedom

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
I just wonder how brain dead the 43% who DIDN'T think the government was a threat to personal liberty are. Oh wait...They're well represented at USMB so I don't have to wonder. I already know.

POSTED AT 12:01 PM ON FEBRUARY 1, 2013 BY ED MORRISSEY

As Barack Obama begins his second term in office, trust in the federal government remains mired near a historic low, while frustration with government remains high. And for the first time, a majority of the public says that the federal government threatens their personal rights and freedoms.

The latest national survey by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press, conducted Jan. 9-13 among 1,502 adults, finds that 53% think that the federal government threatens their own personal rights and freedoms while 43% disagree.

In March 2010, opinions were divided over whether the government represented a threat to personal freedom; 47% said it did while 50% disagreed. In surveys between 1995 and 2003, majorities rejected the idea that the government threatened people’s rights and freedoms.

Pew: Majority now believes federal gov?t a threat to their freedom « Hot Air

Peeyeew is more like it. Hysteria and alarmist rants have people all worked up. get specific in questions and the public backs off this nonsense.

This is something the government should pay attention to. We don't have the kind of presidebt that sees beyond his own dick. While another American embassy was being bombed obama was doing a Vogue spread. He is more concerned with depriving Americans of self defense than protecting American personnel.

This is something the government should pay attention to. We don't have the kind of presidebt that sees beyond his own dick. While another American embassy was being bombed obama was doing a Vogue spread. He is more concerned with depriving Americans of self defense than protecting American personnel.

Why do you guys insist on saying such stupid shit?

I just wonder how brain dead the 43% who DIDN'T think the government was a threat to personal liberty are. Oh wait...They're well represented at USMB so I don't have to wonder. I already know.

As Barack Obama begins his second term in office, trust in the federal government remains mired near a historic low, while frustration with government remains high. And for the first time, a majority of the public says that the federal government threatens their personal rights and freedoms.

The latest national survey by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press, conducted Jan. 9-13 among 1,502 adults, finds that 53% think that the federal government threatens their own personal rights and freedoms while 43% disagree.

In March 2010, opinions were divided over whether the government represented a threat to personal freedom; 47% said it did while 50% disagreed. In surveys between 1995 and 2003, majorities rejected the idea that the government threatened people’s rights and freedoms.

The federal government a threat to freedom?

No fucking way.

Peeyeew is more like it. Hysteria and alarmist rants have people all worked up. get specific in questions and the public backs off this nonsense.

You don't like polls when they show that people are beginning to believe me?

that's the rightwingnut echo chamber... because you have worked yourself into a tizzy

from the poll:

Currently 76% of conservative Republicans say that the federal government threatens their personal rights and freedoms and 54% describe the government as a “major” threat.

Majority Says the Federal Government Threatens Their Personal Rights | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

don't use the insanity of the rightwingnuts as proof that rightwingnut insanity is somehow justified. (its like using the bible as proof of what's in the bible).

...... while those same rightwingnuts try to take away women's freedoms over their own bodies... and the freedom to vote from anyone they don't agree with.

Public Trust in Government: 1958-2013 | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

Got to PEW and actually look at their study. Notice, under Clinton, trust in government rose, but during Bush, it nose dived. It looks like it's once again on it's way up.

That explains why, for the first time in history, more than half the population thinks the federal government is a threat to freedom, because more pople trust the government now.

Did you know that 41% of Democrats are Young Earth Creationists?

I've decided that Obama supporters are like frogs in a stock pot. They're just swimming around thinking how awesome it is that the water is getting all nice and warm.

that's the rightwingnut echo chamber... because you have worked yourself into a tizzy

from the poll:

Currently 76% of conservative Republicans say that the federal government threatens their personal rights and freedoms and 54% describe the government as a “major” threat.
Majority Says the Federal Government Threatens Their Personal Rights | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

don't use the insanity of the rightwingnuts as proof that rightwingnut insanity is somehow justified. (its like using the bible as proof of what's in the bible).

...... while those same rightwingnuts try to take away women's freedoms over their own bodies... and the freedom to vote from anyone they don't agree with.

Can you do math? If 80% of 30% of the population thinks that something is true, what percentage of the entire population believes that same truth?

from the poll:

Have you ever stopped to think about the rights that you took for granted while growing up that are no longer there for our children. For example, when I was in high school, if the school administration wanted to search your locker, it required a police presence and students themselves could not be searched. Do students have those protections now? Is the world a better and safer place than the world you grew up in? Think about it.

TYVM, Nixon and a-hole Pub propaganda machine. A 1/4 nation of hater dupe idiots.

I've decided that Obama supporters are like frogs in a stock pot. They're just swimming around thinking how awesome it is that the water is getting all nice and warm.

Come on. Republicans are nut jobs. When they are in charge, everything they touch they fuck up. It's why they hate government. Because they can't run it. They don't have the wisdom, knowledge, understanding or temperament.

Public Trust in Government: 1958-2013 | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

Got to PEW and actually look at their study. Notice, under Clinton, trust in government rose, but during Bush, it nose dived. It looks like it's once again on it's way up.

That explains why, for the first time in history, more than half the population thinks the federal government is a threat to freedom, because more pople trust the government now.

Did you know that 41% of Democrats are Young Earth Creationists?

1-31-13-4.png

From PEW.

Are you diagnosed as a Paranoid Schizophrenic? If not, go see a shrink; if so, get back on your meds.

After the Patriot Act, bank bailouts, a fierce debate about government takeover of healthcare, and revisiting a 100 year argument about the size and role of government...it's pretty clear that the level of distrust for the government has been a decade in the making. In fact, lately the only thing that's stranger than the debate of government is why Lindsay Lohan keeps stealing. Don't you miss the good ole days?

Forum List

Back