Philadelphia and the Soda Tax.

C'mon man, lighting a plant on fire and purposely inhaling the smoke so your mind is altered isn't bad for you. :rolleyes:

It's not in my case. In fact in my case it's helping to save my life.

What I can't stand is people who don't get all information and make a blanket statement on things they don't like.

Cancer, carcinoma, was removed from both of my breasts. Two hormones that my body naturally produces is it's food to live and grow which means that my own natural body chemistry is programed to grow cancer.

Which means that without the proper medication, that cancer returns and kills me. As it did to 4 of my relatives in the past even though they had full mastectomies.

I have to take a form of chemo that blocks those hormones so that the carcinoma doesn't return and kill me like it did to 4 of my relatives.

It has many of the same side effects as traditional chemo. The worst one is that just about everything I swallow doesn't stay in my stomach very long.

I've tried all the pills. They don't work. The ONLY thing that keeps food in me is medical marijuana which is legal in my state. Without it I vomit even in my sleep. Without it, I can't take that cancer medication. Without that cancer medication I DIE.

I tried eating it. I tried taking the CBD pills. They only were vomited right back up before the medication could get into my system. My only option is smoking it.

Now, you tell me that inhaling marijuana smoke is worse for me than dying from cancer.

I just want to know who you and others think you are that you have the right to tell me and others like me that we don't have the right to live?
Who are you then to tax soda?

Where in my post did you see me mention soda?

I don't care if soda is taxed or not. It's up to the people who are actually going to pay that tax to decide. Not me or anyone else who doesn't live there and use the commons in that area.

If you don't want to pay that tax then don't buy soda in that city.

It's very simple really. You know, freedom? You're perfectly free to buy soda and to buy it anywhere you want. No one is stopping you.

Do you live in that area and will you be paying that tax?
It you don't wish to discuss the Philadelphia soda tax leave the thread. I don't live in DC either but I discuss what goes on there all the time.

I wasn't the person who brought up marijuana.

I was the person who spoke up to tell the truth about medical marijuana.

If you don't like that the subject was changed, look no farther than your fellow conservatives who brought it up.

As for not living in where this tax might be implemented, why in the world do you care? It won't have any effect on your life and who do you think you are that you have the right to tell someone else how they can live and run their city? Especially when you don't live there.

What happens in DC affects everyone. What happens in PA affects those who live there only. So your comparison isn't the same thing.

I don't agree with countless laws they have in other states and cities but i don't live there and I believe in freedom. I don't believe I have the right to take freedom from anyone.

You obviously do.
I brought it up asshat and not in terms of medicinal marijuana but recreational.

Libtards want to tax soda because it's bad for you and legalize marijuana! Too fucking funny.

C'mon man, lighting a plant on fire and purposely inhaling the smoke so your mind is altered isn't bad for you. :rolleyes:

What I can't stand is people who don't get all information and make a blanket statement on things they don't like.

Cancer, carcinoma, was removed from both of my breasts. Two hormones that my body naturally produces is it's food to live and grow which means that my own natural body chemistry is programed to grow cancer.

Which means that without the proper medication, that cancer returns and kills me. As it did to 4 of my relatives in the past even though they had full mastectomies.

I have to take a form of chemo that blocks those hormones so that the carcinoma doesn't return and kill me like it did to 4 of my relatives.

It has many of the same side effects as traditional chemo. The worst one is that just about everything I swallow doesn't stay in my stomach very long.

I've tried all the pills. They don't work. The ONLY thing that keeps food in me is medical marijuana which is legal in my state. Without it I vomit even in my sleep. Without it, I can't take that cancer medication. Without that cancer medication I DIE.

I tried eating it. I tried taking the CBD pills. They only were vomited right back up before the medication could get into my system. My only option is smoking it.

Now, you tell me that inhaling marijuana smoke is worse for me than dying from cancer.

I just want to know who you and others think you are that you have the right to tell me and others like me that we don't have the right to live?

Show me where I said marijuana smoke was worse than cancer? Show me. If you want me to listen to you, then don't put words in my mouth and lie to make a point.

With that said, if you want to smoke marijuana in the privacy of your home go right ahead. I don't care. But those of us who don't want to inhale someone else's smoke in public have that right also. It's why cigarette smokers are losing more and more rights every year. The same will happen with marijuana if and when it becomes legal in all states. People will want to regulate the smoke for good reason.

Your post was saying that inhaling marijuana smoke is bad for people.

I showed you that it's not bad for me. In fact I showed you how it's helping to save my life.

Your problem is that you painted all situations with the same broad brush. This isn't a one size situation. Life isn't that way, there are shades of gray that most people can see. I guess you aren't one of them.

If you looked at the actual laws that govern marijuana the same laws that regulate where you can smoke a cigarette are applied to smoking marijuana. In fact, it's even more restrictive. You can smoke a cigarette almost anywhere outside. Not so with marijuana. A person can be arrested for smoking marijuana in public in my state. It's very illegal to smoke marijuana openly in any public place.

Read the laws before you post.

I don't care if soda is taxed or not. It's up to the people who are actually going to pay that tax to decide. Not me or anyone else who doesn't live there and use the commons in that area.

It's very simple really. You know, freedom? You're perfectly free to buy soda and to buy it anywhere you want. No one is stopping you.

It you don't wish to discuss the Philadelphia soda tax leave the thread. I don't live in DC either but I discuss what goes on there all the time.

If you don't like that the subject was changed, look no farther than your fellow conservatives who brought it up.

As for not living in where this tax might be implemented, why in the world do you care? It won't have any effect on your life and who do you think you are that you have the right to tell someone else how they can live and run their city? Especially when you don't live there.

What happens in DC affects everyone. What happens in PA affects those who live there only. So your comparison isn't the same thing.

I don't agree with countless laws they have in other states and cities but i don't live there and I believe in freedom. I don't believe I have the right to take freedom from anyone.

You obviously do.
So, you are on record for being for states rights. Correct?

Libtards want to tax soda because it's bad for you and legalize marijuana! Too fucking funny.

Keep up the fight!! When I was in treatment,pot was the only thing that really worked for nausea.i would have to take a few puffs,just so I could keep the nausea meds my oncologist prescribed.
Bottom line it works,like you smoking works the best.new York in its endless wisdoms have three places you can purchase in the whole state,its open one day a week,and you have to set up an appointment.makes is very difficult to product.the local guy is a much better value.

Thank you very much. I'm lucky, we now have medications that can prevent that cancer from returning and killing. As it did to millions of women in the past before those medications were available.

I'm glad you beat that beast. I hope you have a very long, healthy and happy life from now on.

My state isn't like yours. There are dispensaries all over the place here. I can just get into my car and drive up the street to the store to buy my medication anytime I want. I don't have to make an appointment. They're open from 10 am to 10 pm 7 days a week. All I need is my prescription and ID.

We have something you won't see in most places in America. Billboards advertising marijuana. They're all over the place here. I keep meaning to spend a couple days driving around to photograph them. LOL.

You obviously do.
I brought it up asshat and not in terms of medicinal marijuana but recreational.

You should have included the word recreational in your post.

You didn't. You and fang made blanket statements about marijuana. Without any clarification.

Now that I've pointed out how ridiculous your blanket statement is, you want to change what you said.

Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Oh, by the way, when you have to resort to personal attacks and insults such as calling me names, you've lost the debate.

You obviously do.

You should have included the word recreational in your post.

You didn't. You and fang made blanket statements about marijuana. Without any clarification.

Now that I've pointed out how ridiculous your blanket statement is, you want to change what you said.

Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Oh, by the way, when you have to resort to personal attacks and insults such as calling me names, you've lost the debate.[/QUOTE

Perhaps you could have asked what I meant instead of knee jerking? Have I lost the debate? Will you forbid me from talking about London because I don't live there? Now, put your victim card away. It's not my fault you knee jerked.

You obviously do.

I'm for all states rights that don't violate out constitution.

Taxing soda isn't a violation of the constitution. In fact, the constitution clearly says that the government can wage levies and taxes to pay for services.

So since PA isn't violating the constitution, I have no problem with them being free to impose any tax they want.

It's like smoking or alcohol. If you don't want to pay the tax you're very free to not consume those products.

You know? Freedom.

You obviously do.

Taxing soda isn't a violation of the constitution. In fact, the constitution clearly says that the government can wage levies and taxes to pay for services.

So since PA isn't violating the constitution, I have no problem with them being free to impose any tax they want.

It's like smoking or alcohol. If you don't want to pay the tax you're very free to not consume those products.

You know? Freedom.
So the Feds have no say in what states do. Correct?

I'm sorry but if we didn't have Obamacare I DIE.

NO YOU WOULD NOT! You can go to the Emergency Room, and they can not turn you away for life threatening cases. But please, continue....

Please tell me what ER will give me my medication everyday for 10 years?

Please tell me what ER does mammograms to find out if the cancer had returned?

Please tell me what ER has an oncologist that treats cancer?

Please tell me of an ER that treats a person who doesn't have an emergency?

All the law requires of an ER is to stabilize the patient and refer them to the proper doctor to treat their condition.

So you're wrong. I will die if the preexisting condition clause returns because I won't be able to afford the medication, treatment, mammograms and all that comes with fighting for your life with cancer.

Learn about things before you post instead of relying on the lie you posted above.

So, if a state decides it won't levy taxes to pay for Obamacare that's their prerogative right?

You obviously do.

You know? Freedom.

Wow you read my post and replied with that?

I clearly said that I support any state law that doesn't violate the constitution.

Which since I must clearly spell it out for you, means, NO I don't believe that the feds don't have any say in what the states do.

Our constitution is federal law and if you violate it, the feds can prosecute you to make you stop violating the constitution.

If it doesn't violate the constitution then the feds shouldn't have jurisdiction.

All this great nation's probs and Fox & Friends tells its watchers (Wiwwow in this case) to whine about carbonated sugar water

JswwJUJL.jpg
It"s not Fox's fault you don't give a shit about the poor.
the poor cant survive w/o carbonated sugar water? Is that what Fox TV is telling you retard?

You obviously do.

You know? Freedom.

Wow you read my post and replied with that?

I clearly said that I support any state law that doesn't violate the constitution.

Which since I must clearly spell it out for you, means, NO I don't believe that the feds don't have any say in what the states do.

Our constitution is federal law and if you violate it, the feds can prosecute you to make you stop violating the constitution.

If it doesn't violate the constitution then the feds shouldn't have jurisdiction.
Well, just so you know, the sale and use of marijuana is against federal law. And your state is violating federal law.

Philadelphia set to pass 1.5 cent-per-ounce soda tax | Fox News

1.5 cents per ounce can get expensive. Libtards will tax your BM's if they could.

Frankly I agree with the tax, and I am a fiscal conservative. If the government is going to foot the bill for healthcare then those who partake in unhealthy lifestyles like smoking or consuming things which cause health issues, then they should also tax those products to recover the cost of the related healthcare. When you concede personal responsibility, you also concede personal freedom.
^ that Willow you hacktard

All this great nation's probs and Fox & Friends tells its watchers (Wiwwow in this case) to whine about carbonated sugar water

JswwJUJL.jpg
It"s not Fox's fault you don't give a shit about the poor.
the poor cant survive w/o carbonated sugar water? Is that what Fox TV is telling you retard?
No you fucking pussy. It tells me the poor enjoy soda right along with the rest of us and Philadelphia is going to raise taxes on the poor. Got it now moron?

So, if a state decides it won't levy taxes to pay for Obamacare that's their prerogative right?

No not at all.

Obamacare is constitutional. It clearly says in the constitution that the government can levy fees or taxes to pay for services.

Obamacare implements taxes to pay for itself. Which isn't unconstitutional no matter what you say.

The supreme court has already ruled that it is constitutional. Just ask the bush boy appointed supreme court Chief Justice John Roberts.

He'll tell you.

No not at all.

Obamacare is constitutional. It clearly says in the constitution that the government can levy fees or taxes to pay for services.

Obamacare implements taxes to pay for itself. Which isn't unconstitutional no matter what you say.

The supreme court has already ruled that it is constitutional. Just ask the bush boy appointed supreme court Chief Justice John Roberts.

He'll tell you.
Oh, I thought you said cities and states can decide which taxes to levy. So if Florida does not want to tax me to pay for your care they don't have to right?

Forum List

Back