Phony Scandals?

Issues of the type referenced in the OP

• are real scandals.

Votes: 62 80.5%
  • are phony scandals.

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • are not easily judged. I'll explain in my post.

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
We have the stained dresses...thus why they are scandals...

Fast and Furious.....the administration admits that we were smuggling arms across the border and furnishing them to the enemy of an ally...that is the stained dress.....but has no idea who knew about it, who approved it and no one was held accountable......that makes it a scandal

Benghazi......the administration admits that it was decided that there was not enough time to get in there and help...that's the stained dress......but it has yet to explain how it knew how long the siege would last. That makes it a scandal

IRS....records show that conservative groups received no answers at all over months, sometimes years while liberal group[s got answers within weeks, sometimes a few months...that is the stained dress.....but no one knows why. That makes it a scandal

Easy to ask short questions, but the research and answers to them are long and arduous. Chances are, there are already threads devoted to them.

If your questions are relevant, have they not already been asked in the endless investigations?

If they haven't been asked, whose fault is that?

So you don't know the answers? The how do you know they are fables? Afterall, THOSE answers would put to rest the scandals

Yes, they have been asked, but not answered.

You see, that is how folks are being duped. The administration continually says "hearing after hearings and you guys are still digging"...and THAT is what YOU hear...

But being retired, I watch the hearings. When pertinent questions are asked such as the ones I presented they go unanswered.

What happens is the one answering,avoids the question and continues to do so until the questioners time is up.

Thus why additional hearings...and the same thing happens.

Brings me back to the first Obama campaign..

There were questions about the changing story regarding Obamas relationship with Bill Ayers....and they were not being answered by Bill Burton (the press spokesman for the campaign)....

SO one day, Megyn Kelley asked him again....

and his response....

"you guys keep on asking me that question and no matter how many times you ask it, my answer will not change."

So Megyn said "but that's the point, we keep on asking becuase you WONT answer."

And he said "just becuase you don't like my answer, doesn't mean I didn't answer it."

So she said "OK, answer it now and I wont ask again"...

His response?

"that is not what the American people want to hear about. They want to hear about the economy and jobs".....

In other words...no answer.
Please quote the unanswered hearing questions.

True Jarhead. They are, however, kicking around a concept of impeaching Eric Holder on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice in the Fast & Furious investigation now that there is clear evidence that he did lie and he did withhold evidence. I wish they would just issue an official censure though and not deflect media attention from Obamacare right now.

I'm thinking Obama would gladly trade almost ANY scandal, even if it means throwing Holder under the bus, to get media attention off of Obamacare right now. So look for the 'wag the dog' technique used almost any moment now.

Let me guess ? Old Libby's jingle from the 70's? Still haven't grown up? From judging your posts? Not surprising. And no it wasn't cute in the least.

Yes! Libby's Libby's Libby's! You win the internets today!

Our memories and mental ages are about the same!

And my posts are generally well thought out, on point, and damn near thread-killers! Although,sometimes they are just for fun!

Can't you see that your scandals were mere fables? Why were they more prominently featured before the election, than afterward? Could it be they were just blown out of proportion for their electorial impact?

What is Issa doing today? Shouldn't he be drafting his articles of impeachment? Why is he not? Has he failed to listen to Fox, talk radio, or this message board?

Or has he just failed?

Impeachment?

The President has not been accused of committing a crime.

The fact that you think impeachment is a GOP consideration (or would be a GOP consideration) shows how little you know about our government and our constitution.

Sort of explains your lack of knowledge of what is going on in Washington right now.

All I know is what I see on Fox:

"Aaron Klein will be discussing his new book, “Impeachable Offenses: The Case for Removing Barack Obama from Office” on the Fox News Channel Tuesday morning."
Read more at Impeachment author on Fox News, Savage

And, of course, WND

Ah another word co-opted by the Left I suppose. Now we can't mention 'fox' without it referencing Fox news. Nevermind that the name Foxfyre pre-dates the Fox News Channel by decades, but in your world you will create a correlation no matter how stupid that is.

I will ask you the same question that I have asked other blindly tunnel visioned, partison leftists: If Fox News is not to ever be considered as a proper news source, what DO you consider to be a proper news source? And please give your evidence for why it is superior to Fox News. And your evidence for why Fox News is not. And if you are not willing to do that, I would appreciate you changing the subject and taking your prejudices to one of the many leftist threads bashing Fox News. They are legion out there.

Now to return to the thread topic, which of the scandals mentioned do you consider to be 'fable' and why?

Don't run away from your username! I know it can't always be held up as a beacon of truth, but just try to harken back to Oct 2007, when you chose it, and how it instantly indentfied you to your brethren!

Gang tat that it is - it is yours!- own it!

And now, in the words of Eric Holder to Louie Gohmert, you don't know what you are talking about! You can't possibly know!

I have reported elsewhere at USMB why I chose my user name, where it came from, what it is, and how long I have been associating myself with it.

And again, to prove you are not a paid troll with no other intention than to derail this thread, I will ask you one more time:

Please choose any scandal in the OP or that has been added subsequently, and give your best shot at showing that it is fable.

Letme finish today's work, and I'll do that. Kinda hard to do it from the front seat of my truck, with just an IPhone.

Don't run away from your username! I know it can't always be held up as a beacon of truth, but just try to harken back to Oct 2007, when you chose it, and how it instantly indentfied you to your brethren!

Gang tat that it is - it is yours!- own it!

And now, in the words of Eric Holder to Louie Gohmert, you don't know what you are talking about! You can't possibly know!

I have reported elsewhere at USMB why I chose my user name, where it came from, what it is, and how long I have been associating myself with it.

And again, to prove you are not a paid troll with no other intention than to derail this thread, I will ask you one more time:

Please choose any scandal in the OP or that has been added subsequently, and give your best shot at showing that it is fable.

Letme finish today's work, and I'll do that. Kinda hard to do it from the front seat of my truck, with just an IPhone.

I will look forward to that. And if you are sincere and actually do make a credible argument, I promise to give you props for it.

And my posts are generally well thought out, on point, and damn near thread-killers! Although,sometimes they are just for fun!

Can't you see that your scandals were mere fables? Why were they more prominently featured before the election, than afterward? Could it be they were just blown out of proportion for their electorial impact?

What is Issa doing today? Shouldn't he be drafting his articles of impeachment? Why is he not? Has he failed to listen to Fox, talk radio, or this message board?

Or has he just failed?

Impeachment?

The fact that you think impeachment is a GOP consideration (or would be a GOP consideration) shows how little you know about our government and our constitution.

Sort of explains your lack of knowledge of what is going on in Washington right now.

"Aaron Klein will be discussing his new book, “Impeachable Offenses: The Case for Removing Barack Obama from Office” on the Fox News Channel Tuesday morning."

And, of course, WND

A book review is hardly an indictment of the person interviewing the author. I know I can name at least three different prominent Fox anchors who are on the record that talk of impeaching Obama is silly and unwarranted.

Phony scandals?

By one pundit's account, since his first inauguration, President Obama is on his 17th speech making tour focusing on job creation. This time the catch phrase he uses again and again, and is being picked up by surrogate talking heads, is that the Republicans try to block efforts to create jobs with distractions such as, among other things, 'phony scandals.'

Really?

- The fact that the families of those killed and wounded in Benghazi still can't get straight answers from the administration, and witnesses are ordered into silence is a 'phony scandal'?

- GSA employees spending millions of tax payer dollars having a high old time and making videos of themselves is not a scandal? Ditto federal employees in other agencies?

- IRS blocking hundreds of applications of conservative groups and almost no applications of liberal groups in the years prior to the 2010 and 2012 elections is not a scandal?

- Labeling a news reporters as a possible felon to justify a personal investigation of him, for no reason other than he was investigating some of these things, is not a scandal?

- Collecting e-mails and other personal information from all AP reporters is not a scandal?

- Collecting phone et al information from millions of Americans is not a scandal?

- Federal investigation/continued persecution of one citizen declared not guilty by a jury of his peers when hundreds/thousands of racially motivated henious crimes go unmentioned at the federal level is not a scandal?

- The fact that every single time the President has declared he knew nothing of federal misconduct and found out about it the same way we did--in the media--is not a scandal?

What do you think? Billions of the people's money, our privacy, our civil liberties are at stake in all of these things. Are these phony scandals? Are they worthy of media and citizen attention? How out of the loops should a President be allowed to be before that in itself becomes a scandal?

You forgot a few. The ATF allowing thousands of assault weapons, that are still showing up at murders in Mexico, into the hand of drug cartels for dubious reasons and using executive privilige to prevent who authorized Fast and Furious to be discovered (no one has yet to be held responsible).

And now the Census Bureau fabricating economic data before a national election. Rep. Issa has now supeaned the director of the Census Bureau.

Phony scandals?

By one pundit's account, since his first inauguration, President Obama is on his 17th speech making tour focusing on job creation. This time the catch phrase he uses again and again, and is being picked up by surrogate talking heads, is that the Republicans try to block efforts to create jobs with distractions such as, among other things, 'phony scandals.'

Really?

- The fact that the families of those killed and wounded in Benghazi still can't get straight answers from the administration, and witnesses are ordered into silence is a 'phony scandal'?

- GSA employees spending millions of tax payer dollars having a high old time and making videos of themselves is not a scandal? Ditto federal employees in other agencies?

- IRS blocking hundreds of applications of conservative groups and almost no applications of liberal groups in the years prior to the 2010 and 2012 elections is not a scandal?

- Labeling a news reporters as a possible felon to justify a personal investigation of him, for no reason other than he was investigating some of these things, is not a scandal?

- Collecting e-mails and other personal information from all AP reporters is not a scandal?

- Collecting phone et al information from millions of Americans is not a scandal?

- Federal investigation/continued persecution of one citizen declared not guilty by a jury of his peers when hundreds/thousands of racially motivated henious crimes go unmentioned at the federal level is not a scandal?

- The fact that every single time the President has declared he knew nothing of federal misconduct and found out about it the same way we did--in the media--is not a scandal?

What do you think? Billions of the people's money, our privacy, our civil liberties are at stake in all of these things. Are these phony scandals? Are they worthy of media and citizen attention? How out of the loops should a President be allowed to be before that in itself becomes a scandal?

You forgot a few. The ATF allowing thousands of assault weapons, that are still showing up at murders in Mexico, into the hand of drug cartels for dubious reasons and using executive privilige to prevent who authorized Fast and Furious to be discovered (no one has yet to be held responsible).

And now the Census Bureau fabricating economic data before a national election. Rep. Issa has now supeaned the director of the Census Bureau.

I did leave Fast & Furious off the list in the OP, but others quickly added it. Came up again just this morning actually as there is talk of impeaching Eric Holder for perjury and obstruction of justice in the congressional investigation.

But Issa has issued a subpoena? Do you have a source for that? If he has, that would definitely move that scandal out of the rumor category and qualify it as gaining legs.

Easy to ask short questions, but the research and answers to them are long and arduous. Chances are, there are already threads devoted to them.

If your questions are relevant, have they not already been asked in the endless investigations?

If they haven't been asked, whose fault is that?

So you don't know the answers? The how do you know they are fables? Afterall, THOSE answers would put to rest the scandals

Yes, they have been asked, but not answered.

You see, that is how folks are being duped. The administration continually says "hearing after hearings and you guys are still digging"...and THAT is what YOU hear...

But being retired, I watch the hearings. When pertinent questions are asked such as the ones I presented they go unanswered.

What happens is the one answering,avoids the question and continues to do so until the questioners time is up.

Thus why additional hearings...and the same thing happens.

Brings me back to the first Obama campaign..

There were questions about the changing story regarding Obamas relationship with Bill Ayers....and they were not being answered by Bill Burton (the press spokesman for the campaign)....

SO one day, Megyn Kelley asked him again....

and his response....

"you guys keep on asking me that question and no matter how many times you ask it, my answer will not change."

So Megyn said "but that's the point, we keep on asking becuase you WONT answer."

And he said "just becuase you don't like my answer, doesn't mean I didn't answer it."

So she said "OK, answer it now and I wont ask again"...

His response?

"that is not what the American people want to hear about. They want to hear about the economy and jobs".....

In other words...no answer.
Please quote the unanswered hearing questions.

the questions of my first post in this thread are the questions that have not yet been answered...although most certainly have been asked.

And everyone of them? If answered, would put an end to each scandal.

Phony scandals?

Really?

to add to the Fast and Furious issue...

The US government was supplying arms to the enemy of an ally.

The drug cartels were declared as an enemy to the Mexican Government.

That can be deemed as an act of war against Mexico.

And to this day, we STILL don't know who authorized it.

Impeachment?

And, of course, WND

A book review is hardly an indictment of the person interviewing the author. I know I can name at least three different prominent Fox anchors who are on the record that talk of impeaching Obama is silly and unwarranted.

Not just silly and unwarranted....

Downright impossible. One must commit a crime as President to be eligible for an impeachment proceeding.

Last edited:
Impeachment?

And, of course, WND

Fox employee Ralph Peters will not be one of them. He is a Fox News strategist who is paid to shill for impeachment before one of these anchors, so that the anchor can be against it. The result? 30 minutes of anti Obama rhetoric.

Fox is still stoking the fires, but has plausible deniability built in with this sort of programming.

And, of course, WND

Not just silly and unwarranted....

Downright impossible. One must commit a crime as President to be eligible for an impeachment proceeding.

Apparently the author of that book felt that he has committed sufficient high crimes and misdemeanors to warrant impeachment. I'm pretty sure that most, if not all, of the Fox anchors and commentators would disagree that the author made the case. I myself believe he is dishonest and has way overstepped his authority as President, but I don't see the high crimes and misdeamanors myself that would warrant impeachment.

That does not mean that that anybody is evil for reviewing a book that is on the NY Times Best Seller list and is on a timely topic.

Let me guess ? Old Libby's jingle from the 70's? Still haven't grown up? From judging your posts? Not surprising. And no it wasn't cute in the least.

Or has he just failed?

Impeachment?

Lt Gov David Dewhearst is calling for Obama's impeachment. Please explain to him what is going on, and how little he knows about the constitution.

"Texas’ incumbent Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst, the second-highest elected official in the state, called Monday night for the impeachment of president Barack Obama at a Tea Party forum for candidates in the lieutenant governor’s race.

“This election is about protecting you and your freedoms, which are given to you by God, but which are being trampled on by Barack Obama right now. I don’t know about you, but Barack Obama ought to be impeached,” Dewhurst said. “Not only for trampling on our liberties, but what he did in Benghazi is just a crime.”

Texas Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst for Calls for Barack Obama?s Impeachment | TIME.com
And then explain to me why you know so little of what's going on.

Hell, I've called for his impeachment. Not that I think it's the right thing to do right now. But talk is cheap and its easy to pop off with phrases I am not really serious about putting into practice. It's like saying in frustration "I could strangle you" when nobody thinks I mean that literally. (Usually.) But give me Joe Biden, give me Hillary Clinton, give me almost ANYBODY other than Barack Obama right now. I can't think of many in high office who have done as much damage to this country as he has.

Lt Gov David Dewhearst is calling for Obama's impeachment.

Then let him bring his bill to the House floor for a vote...

Oh, wait..

Please explain to him what is going on, and how little he knows about the constitution.

Are you the quality of drone that hate sites like ThinkProgess are putting out these days? :eek:

Not sure what you're saying. Are you saying that because Dewhurst is idiotic, TP should not have bothered to quote him? ..or that they misquoted him?... Or that I misquoted TP?

Or what is actually happening - Dewhurst is demagoguing Obama before a gullible Tea Party crowd Just like Rick Perry did about succession in order to win an election, and we should just leave him alone.

Last edited:
Hell, I've called for his impeachment. Not that I think it's the right thing to do right now. But talk is cheap and its easy to pop off with phrases I am not really serious about putting into practice. It's like saying in frustration "I could strangle you" when nobody thinks I mean that literally. (Usually.) But give me Joe Biden, give me Hillary Clinton, give me almost ANYBODY other than Barack Obama right now. I can't think of many in high office who have done as much damage to this country as he has.

Then why waste time on scandals, which, by your own admission, do not rate as high crimes or misdemeanors.

And if they aren't crimes, how can they be scandals?

Why aren't you over on the impeachment thread telling those good GOPers how foolish they are?

Lt Gov David Dewhearst is calling for Obama's impeachment.

Then let him bring his bill to the House floor for a vote...

Oh, wait..

Please explain to him what is going on, and how little he knows about the constitution.

Are you the quality of drone that hate sites like ThinkProgess are putting out these days? :eek:

Not sure what you're saying. Are you saying that because Dewhurst is idiotic, TP should not have bothered to quote him? ..or that they misquoted him?... Or that I misquoted TP?

Or what is actually happening - Dewhurst is demagoguing Obama before a guilable Tea Party crowd Just like Rick Perry did about succession in order to win an election, and we should just leave him alone.

And that has what to do with scandals, phony or otherwise, in the Obama Administration?

Not sure what you're saying.

That you're an idiot.

Are you saying that because Dewhurst is idiotic, TP should not have bothered to quote him? ..or that they misquoted him?... Or that I misquoted TP?

{Clause 5: The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment. }

Lt. Governors have no power to impeach presidents, sparky.

Or what is actually happening - Dewhurst is demagoguing Obama before a guilable Tea Party crowd Just like Rick Perry did about succession in order to win an election, and we should just leave him alone.

I'm thinking it's more likely that you're trolling before a not so gullible message board crowd.

The hate sites should withhold your stipend this week; failure to perform...

Forum List

Back