Photographer snaps an incredible close-up of an ant's face

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
I dunno about you all but it give me the heebie jeebies...

''At first glance at this image, you'd be forgiven for mistaking it as a still from the latest horror blockbuster.

But the image is very much real - and is actually a close-up of an ant.

Lithuanian photographer Dr Eugenijus Kavaliauskas snapped the ant magnified five times under a microscope, revealing its red eyes and shadowy face in exceptional detail.

The image was submitted to Nikon's Small World Photomicrography Competition and has been selected as one of the 57 'Images of Distinction'.

63707259-0-image-a-310_1666340400373.jpg

More at linked source...

''At first glance at this image, you'd be forgiven for mistaking it as a still from the latest horror blockbuster.

Lithuanian photographer Dr Eugenijus Kavaliauskas snapped the ant magnified five times under a microscope, revealing its red eyes and shadowy face in exceptional detail.

The image was submitted to Nikon's Small World Photomicrography Competition and has been selected as one of the 57 'Images of Distinction'.

More at linked source...

OMG! Natural Citizen! that photo is beyond amazing!!!! is absolutely incredible! WOW!

Thank you for posting!!!! :thup:

More at linked source...
Sheeeeeeit!!!

OMG! Natural Citizen! that photo is beyond amazing!!!! is absolutely incredible! WOW!

Thank you for posting!!!! :thup:

It gives me the heebie jeebies.

If you do a Google Image search for Nikon's Small World Photomicrography Competition, all sorts of those kinds of close up pictures are returned in the results.

Here's a flea, for instance...

Pulga.jpg

After seing closeups of these bugs, it makes me thankful that I'm bigger than they are. lol...

It gives me the heebie jeebies.

If you do a Google Image search for Nikon's Small World Photomicrography Competition, all sorts of those kinds of close up pictures are returned in the results.

Here's a flea, for instance...

Pulga.jpg

After seing closeups of these bugs, it makes me thankful that I'm bigger than they are. lol...

omigod.....you are right Natural Citizen!

Yes, I'll do a google search.... wow ....that flea you have posted there ! they are not nice creatures!!!!:omg:

I do not even want to know what a spider would look like.... I'm terrified of spiders.....please dont post a spider!!!! hehehehe

omigod.....you are right Natural Citizen!

Yes, I'll do a google search.... wow ....that flea you have posted there ! they are not nice creatures!!!!:omg:

I do not even want to know what a spider would look like.... I'm terrified of spiders.....please dont post a spider!!!! hehehehe
0DE28527-6CD2-41BC-B921-FFFE55555BB1.jpeg

Shot this photo myself.

Spiders are horrible! very scary !good pic but I don't like the spider! lol
Yeah weird too, it was completely white!! Not sure if it was an albino widow. It wasn't near the house so, I just took the photo and let it be.

Forum List

Back