Pigs in a blanket - fry'em like bacon

Is "black lives matters" a criminal movement?

• Yes, for losers only

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Yes, a disgusting organization for criminals

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
Black Lives Matter is an activist movement in the United States that began in the wake of the July 2013 acquittal of George Zimmermanin the Florida shooting death of African-American teen Trayvon Martin. The Black Lives Matter movement campaigns against what it callspolice brutality against African Americans in the United States. The group received fresh impetus from the 2014 deaths of two unarmed African Americans, teenager Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri and 43 year old Eric Garner in New York City; in both cases the grand jury did not indict the officers and no charges were brought. Several unarmed African Americans who died at the hands of law enforcement have had their deaths protested by the movement, including Tamir Rice, Eric Harris, Walter Scott, and Freddie Gray (whose death sparked the 2015 Baltimore protests). Numerous media organizations have referred to it as "a new civil rights movement." [1][2][3]

The movement was co-founded by three black activists: Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors, and Opal Tometi.[4][5] Although the three run a stable website and organization, the overall Black Lives Matter movement is a decentralized network, and has no formal hierarchy or structure.[6] The movement reached national awareness with the protests and unrest in Ferguson in August 2014, although Garza, Cullors and Tometi were not initially involved in those events.[2][7]

The shooting of Walter Scott by a white policeman was recorded by a bystander, who contacted a local activist involved with Black Lives Matter; they, in turn, contacted Scott's family to take possession of the video. Soon after the video was released to the public, the officer was arrested and charged with murder. The case is pending.[8]

Black Lives Matter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blacks have many legitimate reasons to be pissed off.

That is terrible. Terrible about that deputy too. :( I cannot believe someone could just walk up to another person that they do not know and kill him. How cold is that?

The two matters are not in any way related. You suggesting that they are is almost as bad as the chant. Of course....you won't see it that way.

Of course not . . . because I'm not crazy. ;) AND, you don't know what you're talking about anyways. You don't know anything more than I do, so stop trying to act as if you do.

That is terrible. Terrible about that deputy too. :( I cannot believe someone could just walk up to another person that they do not know and kill him. How cold is that?

The two matters are not in any way related. You suggesting that they are is almost as bad as the chant. Of course....you won't see it that way.

Of course not . . . because I'm not crazy. ;) AND, you don't know what you're talking about anyways. You don't know anything more than I do, so stop trying to act as if you do.

The chant in St.Paul.....which took place after the murder in Houston and was not a call for killing police officers has nothing to do with the murder in Houston. Period.

11954625_10153646241509525_743674791368910646_n.jpg

The chant in St.Paul.....which took place after the murder in Houston and was not a call for killing police officers has nothing to do with the murder in Houston. Period.

Yeah but, you don't know that. So not period. :D

I do know this.

Yeah well, cops lives matter too.

Yes they do. All lives matter.

The Black Lives Matter movement does not say otherwise. The continued inability or unwillingness of so many on the right to grasp this fact is frustrating for normal people.

What "normal" people? You??? :lol: You're just a regular comedian tonight!

Yep. Normal, thinking people.

You act as though the organization is named "Only Black Lives Matter". It isn't.

Overreaction isn't going to help.
How is the public supposed to react to this chant.........................

They are openly calling for people to kill the police...........

Not really. They used bad judgement in how they expressed their grievance with law enforcement. No explicit or intended call for violence was made. It was stupid and irresponsible as it showed a lack of respect for law enforcement.

The appropriate response is to do what I have done. Use social media to let the BLM organization know that this was stupid.

There is another thread on this where people are suggesting that it is "open season" on anyone BLM. That is an overreaction and is not productive.
Tell "Sunshine" and her radio blog and her callers to stop calling for open season on whites and lynching them with confederate flags

I do know this.

Nope, you do not. You don't know anything that I don't know about this. You weren't there, were you?

The Black Lives Matter movement does not say otherwise. The continued inability or unwillingness of so many on the right to grasp this fact is frustrating for normal people.

You act as though the organization is named "Only Black Lives Matter". It isn't.

It may as well be.

Not really. They used bad judgement in how they expressed their grievance with law enforcement. No explicit or intended call for violence was made. It was stupid and irresponsible as it showed a lack of respect for law enforcement.

The appropriate response is to do what I have done. Use social media to let the BLM organization know that this was stupid.

There is another thread on this where people are suggesting that it is "open season" on anyone BLM. That is an overreaction and is not productive.
Tell "Sunshine" and her radio blog and her callers to stop calling for open season on whites and lynching them with confederate flags

Sunshine is not a part of the Black Lives Matter organization. She has no reach and is not leading anyone to do anything. I will ignore her as is her due.

It may as well be.

Nope. You have made another false claim. Good job.

I do know this.

Nope, you do not. You don't know anything that I don't know about this. You weren't there, were you?

It happened after the murder. Think for a moment.

All lives matter. Martin O'Malley said that in a speech, Black Lives Matter 'protested' and O'Malley the Coward backed off.

Pigs in a blanket, fry'em like bacon. Does not sound very reasonable at all.

Sunshine is not a part of the Black Lives Matter organization. She has no reach and is not leading anyone to do anything. I will ignore her as is her due.

Are you a member?

I do know this.

It happened after the murder. Think for a moment.

Perhaps, but the fact remains that an officer was just shot and killed in cold blood, and we now have these people chanting these types of things? There is no excuse for such vile behavior. They seem quite uncivilized, IMO.

Forum List

Back