Pigs in a blanket - fry'em like bacon

Is "black lives matters" a criminal movement?

• Yes, for losers only

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Yes, a disgusting organization for criminals

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
Yeah well, cops lives matter too.

Yes they do. All lives matter.

The Black Lives Matter movement does not say otherwise. The continued inability or unwillingness of so many on the right to grasp this fact is frustrating for normal people.

All lives matter. Martin O'Malley said that in a speech, Black Lives Matter 'protested' and O'Malley the Coward backed off.

Pigs in a blanket, fry'em like bacon. Does not sound very reasonable at all.

Yes. O'Malley said that. He was making the same mistake that you and ChrisL are making. He was then informed of his mistake. Unlike you two, he understood the explaination and acted accordingly.

I have already noted that the chant was not reasonable. Are you having trouble reading?

The Black Lives Matter movement does not say otherwise. The continued inability or unwillingness of so many on the right to grasp this fact is frustrating for normal people.

All lives matter. Martin O'Malley said that in a speech, Black Lives Matter 'protested' and O'Malley the Coward backed off.

Yes. O'Malley said that. He was making the same mistake that you and ChrisL are making. He was then informed of his mistake. Unlike you two, he understood the explaination and acted accordingly.

I have already noted that the chant was not reasonable. Are you having trouble reading?

And what explanation is that? That you say it doesn't matter? What?

Black lives matter is a despicable group.

Their tactics are despicable, yes, but they didn't come about because they are despicable people per se. If you and others believe that they have no legitimate beef with their bad treatment from police and the rest of society, then that is where the problem lies. This is not an argument that all cops are bad or that any group should be calling for attacks on our police, but it really is important to understand how we got here, and it's not because all cops are following the law.

The chant in St.Paul.....which took place after the murder in Houston and was not a call for killing police officers has nothing to do with the murder in Houston. Period.

Yeah but, you don't know that. So not period. :D

I do know this.

Nope, you do not. You don't know anything that I don't know about this. You weren't there, were you?

It happened after the murder. Think for a moment.

Perhaps, but the fact remains that an officer was just shot and killed in cold blood, and we now have these people chanting these types of things? There is no excuse for such vile behavior. They seem quite uncivilized, IMO.

They acted stupidly. They are quite civilized. They took their frustration too far with the chant. We agree. It isn't a good thing and should be corrected.

It has nothing to do with the killing in Houston. Combining them in your posts is dishonest.

Last edited:

that is one way to put a polite spin on O'Malley's moral cowardice. No trouble reading, just sick and tired of people making excuses for statements and behavior that if made by the other side would be harpooned so to speak.

Black lives matter is a despicable group.

Their tactics are despicable, yes, but they didn't come about because they are despicable people per se. If you and others believe that they have no legitimate beef with their bad treatment from police and the rest of society, then that is where the problem lies. This is not an argument that all cops are bad or that any group should be calling for attacks on our police, but it really is important to understand how we got here, and it's not because all cops are following the law.

I do believe that there are problems. I don't blame the police entirely for these issues. A lot of these recent shootings were found to be justified. I've watched Cops for years, and you see examples of the "attitude." I can't say the police are not entirely to blame. They need better training. However, that is still not an excuse for this "hatred" for the police. MOST police officers are not out killing black people. In fact, it is statistically quite a rare occurrence.

Yeah but, you don't know that. So not period. :D

I do know this.

Nope, you do not. You don't know anything that I don't know about this. You weren't there, were you?

Perhaps, but the fact remains that an officer was just shot and killed in cold blood, and we now have these people chanting these types of things? There is no excuse for such vile behavior. They seem quite uncivilized, IMO.

They acted stupidly. They are quite civilized. They took there frustration too far with the chant. We agree. It isn't a good thing and should be corrected.

It has nothing to do with the killing in Houston. Combining them in your posts is dishonest.

These types of things give some people "encouragement" and give people a "victim" mentality. Most police are completely innocent and just do their jobs. Like ANYTHING, there are always going to be a few bad eggs.

No. Sigh. So boring.

Right after the "Black Lives Matter" grassroots organization started......social media was inundated with BIGOTS AND RACISTS whining that it was saying that white lives don't matter. That was not the point that the movement was making. It was simply drawing attention to the fact that many young black men were being killed in police custody. But.....as you know.......nuance and facts are weak in the face of a right wing social media storm.

The "all lives matter" phrase thus became a DOG WHISTLE.

O'Malley didn't know this and he made an innocent comment that all lives matter as an aside. He was not minimizing the BLM movement with that statement....but he had inadvertently repeated the standard dog whistle.

Shit.....you people use it to this day. "Foul!!!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!!" Blah blah blah.

I do know this.

They acted stupidly. They are quite civilized. They took there frustration too far with the chant. We agree. It isn't a good thing and should be corrected.

These types of things give some people "encouragement" and give people a "victim" mentality. Most police are completely innocent and just do their jobs. Like ANYTHING, there are always going to be a few bad eggs.

I'm not going to do it because I hate it so much.....but if I were to employ deflection......could I find examples of similar irresponsible comments or actions by those on the right which could be seen as "encouraging" people to act violently? Are these things always as they seem?

No. Sigh. So boring.

Right after the "Black Lives Matter" grassroots organization started......social media was inundated with BIGOTS AND RACISTS whining that it was saying that white lives don't matter. That was not the point that the movement was making. It was simply drawing attention to the fact that many young black men were being killed in police custody. But.....as you know.......nuance and facts are weak in the face of a right wing social media storm.

O'Malley didn't know this and he made an innocent comment that all lives matter as an aside. He was not minimizing the BLM movement with that statement....but he had inadvertently repeated the standard dog whistle.

Shit.....you people use it to this day. "Foul!!!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!!" Blah blah blah.

Do you believe that the police, as a whole, do NOT think black lives matter? Do you know that some cops actually ARE black? In fact, in a lot of inner cities where this kind of turmoil occurs, black police officers are the majority in these neighborhoods.

I'm not going to do it because I hate it so much.....but if I were to employ deflection......could I find examples of similar irresponsible comments or actions by those on the right which could be seen as "encouraging" people to act violently? Are these things always as they seem?

Sure you can, but two wrongs don't make a right! :D

I do know this.

The real problem is that those bad eggs are rarely prosecuted and when they are, they rarely are found guilty. Many people have lost faith in the system as we see cops killing people in cold blood and then walking away as if nothing happened. This is what is causing the outrage.

Sure you can, but two wrongs don't make a right! :D

Yes. But I don't. Because it isn't honest. That's what I'm trying to tell you.

The real problem is that those bad eggs are rarely prosecuted and when they are, they rarely are found guilty. Many people have lost faith in the system as we see cops killing people in cold blood and then walking away as if nothing happened. This is what is causing the outrage.

Well, what case are you talking about where the cop killed in cold blood and walked away and was not prosecuted?

That most recent killing I remember where the cop shot the guy who was running away 8 times in the back, I believe he has been charged with murder, hasn't he?

No. Sigh. So boring.

Do you believe that the police, as a whole, do NOT think black lives matter? Do you know that some cops actually ARE black? In fact, in a lot of inner cities where this kind of turmoil occurs, black police officers are the majority in these neighborhoods.

Police as a whole do think black lives matter. Everything else you said is accurate. But...the BLM movement is a response to a real problem.....is it not?

^^^

Now, I would be upset if THAT guy was not charged. That was obviously murder by the cop in that situation. The man was unarmed and was running away with his back to the cop. Terrible and scary to think that a cop would just open fire on a person in a public setting like that . . . for running away.

That most recent killing I remember where the cop shot the guy who was running away 8 times in the back, I believe he has been charged with murder, hasn't he?
^^^

Now, I would be upset if THAT guy was not charged. That was obviously murder by the cop in that situation. The man was unarmed and was running away with his back to the cop. Terrible and scary to think that a cop would just open fire on a person in a public setting like that . . . for running away.

The likelihood of that cop,being charged with murder had there not been a video is slim to none. That is what the problem is.

No. Sigh. So boring.

Police as a whole do think black lives matter. Everything else you said is accurate. But...the BLM movement is a response to a real problem.....is it not?

Well yes, but the chanting thing . . . still really bad and tasteless to be chanting such things though, especially after what just happened. It really doesn't get more cold blooded than that.

^^^

The likelihood of that cop,being charged with murder had there not been a video is slim to none. That is what the problem is.

I don't have a problem with outfitting the police with body cameras or something so that their actions can be monitored. That would protect them too.

Forum List

Back